Author Topic: old  (Read 28924 times)

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
old
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:27:01 pm »
everyone here is old.  i'm gonna make up a website like scoot scotty cause you guys are old.
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
Re: old
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:34:57 pm »
sure you guys are like my family though
Taylor
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »
Taylor,

We may be old, but remember we alll here routing for you. I think that the AN tunmors typically grow so slow that most of us probably had it when we were your age, but it took until we got into our 40's plus for the symptoms to get to where we got diagnosed. I know there is another gal, Becky here near me in Slat Lake City that is only 20 or so. I'll look up here email and get it to ya. You do need peers your own age. But don't forget US, were your non-related mom's and dad's.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:40:58 pm »
it's gets really depressing on here sometimes. I don't like it but i have to learn stuff! i use to type lookin at the screen by the way!
Taylor
21 years-old
Illinois

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 07:42:36 pm »
that would be awesome
Taylor
21 years-old
Illinois

tony

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 02:14:45 am »
The one thing marginally worse than being old is,
NOT being old - if you get my drift......
Best regards
Tony

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:48:23 am »
"Seasoned" doesn't seem so harsh.    :)   I created www.patient-network.com for the purpose of getting away from your health issues for a few minutes a day, but not ignoring them completely.  It's a free site with over 80 members now who have health issues ranging from AN's to Cancer & Depression and it's a good group of people, but the thing I really like about it is that people don't neccesarily get on there to talk about what's "wrong" with them. It's more of a place where our members know they all have something in common (health issues) and it's more of a social networking site, or an online support group if you will. I know a lot of ANers from this site are on there including Taylor, Batty & Laura =)  Even Captain Deb & PPearl make an appearance from time-to-time. Anyway, it's an interesting group of people to be a part of if anyone is interested. I'm sure Laura or any other of our members would tell you the same. I'm glad you enjoy the site though Taylor. Not so many "old" people   ;)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 08:57:58 am »
Boppie has a great idea to start a "young crowd" thread on this site. Taylor, just a couple topics down,  "blanace issues" is from Chris  Dcfman, of only 22 yrs old. I know there are many others on here that are more your age.  I have to tell you though, I have not really thought of myself as "OLD" before at 47. But realizing now your less than 1/2 my age, WOW< Guess I am getting old.  YUK

Patti UT
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 09:17:12 am »

I just had my 42 birthday on the 14th ...   :o  I'm not old ! I'm experienced !! it was only a few years ago I was getting carded at the liquor store .. now they don't even bother to ask  >:(
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 09:22:38 am »
On my 40th B-day, I got a button that says,

I'm not 40, I'm 18 with 22 years of experience

that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;D

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 01:12:12 pm »
But Taylor, we are all young at heart!!   ;D ;D

But, yeah, go for it girl.  Round up the young 'uns for your own support group.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

windinthesails

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 01:22:12 pm »
what are you thinking of doing?
4cm AN on Right Side
Partial Surgery 3/22/06, Gamma Knife 6/25/06
Sutter Cancer Center Sacramento, Dr. Ciricillo Neurologist

suelay

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 01:34:51 pm »
You are so right about us being old comparatively speaking at least.  Before my recent surgery, I met a young Asian-American (Indian) woman who was probably 18-20.  Her AN was large and compressing on her brain stem so she was set for immediate surgery. I thought about how completely devastating it must have been to her and prayed that she had close and wonderful friends and family.  I'm 44, 2 kids, divorced, demanding but good career,etc.  and this has been no cake walk.  Just my hopefully temporary facial palsy would have knocked me to my kness at your age when my looks mattered too much to me.  I would also have had a very hard time dealing with the post-surgery fatigue as I don't really remember feeling tired until I was close to 30.  Maybe you young folks could do a cool my space page or something in addition to gracing us older folks with you wonderful presence sometimes.  You are probably beyond Wierd Al, but today for a laugh I went to his MY Space page and listed to "your so pathetic" and laughed until my L eye watered:)  I'm starting my 4th week post-surgery so not really working yet. 
L AN 16 x8 x8 mm
Retrosigmoid at Mayo Clinic Drs. Link and Driscoll on 9/25/06
Very good result

suelay

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 01:54:57 pm »
I meant "you're pitiful" by wierd Al.  Can I blame that on my surgery;)
L AN 16 x8 x8 mm
Retrosigmoid at Mayo Clinic Drs. Link and Driscoll on 9/25/06
Very good result

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 03:20:36 pm »
OK, I'm a day late and a dollar short on this thread, but just turning 41, I'm not old!!  I know what you mean, Taylor, but I have to say.....I love Harry Potter, I have and play with Lego's (Harry Potter, of course), my best friend got me a Nintendo DS lite (in PINK!) for my birthday, and I still get a thrill from frog and salamander hunting (can you tell I was a tom-boy?).  I also like to play in snow and swing on swings and have girly slumber parties.  So be young here too, I bet I can follow ya!!   ;)
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar