Author Topic: old  (Read 28916 times)

TT

• Tenor Sax in stero; nothing better
Re: old
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2006, 11:40:49 am »
I live for classic rock; thank God for channel 46 on XM Satilite. It was in the fall if 1971, San Antonio, Texas. I wasn't protesting, but serving in U.S. Air Force. It beat being in the Army during Nam. Well, a few us stumbbled into a bar and heard a great three piece band that blew us away; yes it was the early days of ZZ Top. My military time wasn't too pleasant, but that memory remains as very special experience. Since High School, my band has always been Chicago Transit Authority (not Chicago), only their first three albumns. Those guys were way ahead of their time and I still get chills listening to them. Paul, you have good taste...
2 cm AN - right side
Diagnosed 6/22/06
Retro. procedure performed on 8/24/06 / SSD
Dr. Peter Smith & Dr. Robt. Backer
St. Johns Hospital - St. Louis, Missouri

Volley

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2006, 02:16:25 pm »
I'm jealous - ZZ Top when they were just starting out - what a thrill.  I remember quite a while ago when I heard the story about how the Rolling Stones just strolled into a blues club in Chicago and played for the people who were there.  Why can't the Stones just stroll into those bars when I'm there!  God knows I've spent enough time in bars and clubs.  You'd think by now someone, anyone, famous would have strolled in. 

By the way, has anyone heard Shemekia Copeland, Johnny Clyde Copeland's daughter.  I saw her in a small bar setting when she was still too young to be in a bar.  It was the most amazing concert.  She is truly a gifted singer.  She does a song called Ghetto Child that gives me goose bumps every time I hear it.  I've seen her do this song at least four times in settings ranging from small bar to outdoor blues festival.  In the middle of the song, she puts down the microphone and belts out the words.  It's amazing.  One time there was a little chit chat while she was singing, but as soon as she put down the microphone and started belting out the very moving lyrics, everyone in the place zipped it and just stared in disbelief and amazement at her voice.  Check her out if she's ever in your area.  Even if you're not into her blues/soul style, you'll just appreciate her voice.  Check out her web site by googling shemekia copeland.  She also hosts a blues show on Sirius Channel 74, Saturday afternoons from 1 to 7 p.m.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2006, 09:19:36 am »

the ANA conventions may NEVER be same once we get there! .. While we were out in LA .. we drove past Ozzy's house that was on the show,  but I dont think he live there anymore tho.
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2006, 10:52:24 am »
i'm jealous
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2006, 12:00:15 pm »
Joe, I agree....it'll be interesting to see how it works....we all hate the ambient cacophony in large groups, and we're going to cause a large batch of it.  One hour and all of our tinnitus is going to be screaming!  At least we're with a group where there is much narcotics available!  I never leave home without some in case of emergencies (one day those headaches might blind-side me!).
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

windinthesails

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2006, 02:00:35 pm »
Hi all,
   Who could forget Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody? Prob one of the best songs to sing to on a road trip or actually any time in the car. It never seems to matter how well you know the words, you can always rock to that song.
4cm AN on Right Side
Partial Surgery 3/22/06, Gamma Knife 6/25/06
Sutter Cancer Center Sacramento, Dr. Ciricillo Neurologist

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2006, 10:43:10 pm »
ANers are the champions, my friend
and we'll keep on fighting till the end.
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois