Author Topic: old  (Read 28925 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: old
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 10:00:34 am »
Hi Taylor,

Gawd, what I would do to be your age again... young, carefree, and stuff I won't mention since your mom is on this site! :D  Sucks to be your age and go through this AN stuff.... BUT, you know what... it's more difficult to recuperate from all of this when you do get older. Heck, when I had major back surgery at 21 yrs old and had to learn to walk again, things came much easier and faster due to younger age. You, my dear, are such a breath of fresh air knowing that, even through all the crap you have gone through, you still kick butt and move on.  This 45 yrs old lady is so dang proud of you... and if you want to trade places, you let me know.... I'll lead the trouble brigade like I did at your age and um....... you can have my credit card bills ;)

Sending you MAJOR huggles, as always... and heck, will be glad to trade places anyday! :)

xoxoxoxoxo and all that good stuff.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 08:49:01 pm »
Taylor,

You have probably noticed the Good morning thread. This is a sometimes, well most times, silly thread with all kindsa stuff on it - but mainly attempted humour and the occaisonal bit of culture (Sue's poems). It's a digression from the vast array of stories / experiences of having an AN.

perhaps, as a quick fix, you could start a similar thread that is aimed at your age group where you can discuss all sortsa stuff that your age group does.

I have two daughters aged 23 and 20 and they aften tell me that i am old and "we won't talk to our kids like you talk to us". Funny you know, that's exactly what i told my oldies at a similar age. I thought that i was pretty young at heart being a head banger from way back (led Zeppelin, Cream etc) still stuck in a time warp with music and my kids label that music as "old". Funny isn't it, I can't get into RAP, techno or the current music fads. I guess in 30 years time, that music will be considered "old" as well.

Where am I going here - I have no idea apart from some rambling.

Anyway, set up a "good morning" equivalent and on behalf of my fellow oldies, whoops, more experienced AN'ers, we won't barge in on it.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 09:53:07 pm »
man i listen to all that CLASSIC rock too, Larry. lol.. Led Zepplin!
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 09:54:15 pm »
i'm young and dumb... excuse me
Taylor
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

Jeanlea

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006, 10:00:08 pm »
Taylor,

I have a daughter that is 18.  You might be interested in talking to her.  While she didn't have the AN she does understand a little bit more about it.  I had my AN removed during her senior year. 
Just a thought.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 08:14:16 am »
Hey Taylor,

What other "non classic" music do you listen to? I'm rather partial to the headbanging stuff of the 60's and early 70's. I used to pump thousands into my stereo and still have (put away now) a system that would rock the socks off ya. Can't handle loud music anymore and thats one dissappointing adjustment that I have had to make.

Nothing beats Stairway to heaven played at about 100 decibels (when the neighbours are out of course). Betcha ya can't put up a song to rival that!

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

matti

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 08:56:38 am »
I love classic 70's rock and was fortunate to have seen all my favorite bands, Zepplin, the Who, etc.. when they first started touring. I'm 49 and still a rock like I was 19 ;D.  I still go to concerts and my next two are coming up first week in November, The Stones and The Who.  I just saw Tom Petty this month. Both of my boys 23 and 20 have only ever liked  70"s rock and are not embarrased to hang out with mom and dad at concerts. Go figure :-\

Because I attend alot of concerts, I had a special ear plug made for my good ear. It has been molded to fit and reduces the noise without being distorted.

I am with ya Laz on Stairway to Heaven, has to be the greatest rock song ever!

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2006, 09:51:51 am »
Robert Plant! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*shoves gray hairs back in head*

Gawd, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page...

*pushes another gray hair back in head*

They just rock! 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2006, 09:59:09 am »
I'm a weird kinda classic rock gal who still goes to tons of concerts too, but never really got into Zepplin, Stones....love the Who, and I'm jealous about Tom Petty!!!!  Go Cheryl!!!  I have a musician's ear plug that I got from my mom, that's what I wear.   I was more into the real headbanging stuff from the 80's (Metallica, Megadeth) with some hard rock (AC/DC, Scorpions, Def Leppard) and some hair bands thrown in.  Now my ipod (can you imagine if there were ipods back in the 70's???) has lots of DMB, Train and 3 Doors Down.  And of course, a Harry Potter audiobook!   :D
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2006, 11:31:37 am »
I saw the Allman Brothers at a state fair in NC just before Dwayne died. About 1970 or 71?  Soon after, I began dating one of the roadies and followed them around for a while before I came to my senses and went back to the Caribbean.  I used to sit up on the big bass speaker off on stage right and rock out! No hearing for days. Stairway to Heaven is great but "One Way Out" is my anthem, excepting Mr. Buffett of course.
Rock On!!!!
Capt Deb 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2006, 11:42:38 am »
no headbanging here... gives me a headache! ;)

matti

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2006, 12:34:24 pm »
Gennysmom - Anytime you want to go to a Tom Petty concert, you know who to call ;)  I saw Def Leppard a couple of years ago and they still got it!

No headbanging for me anymore, scared my fat plug might come loose LOL

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »
Cheryl, you're on!  Any excuse to come down to SF!!!!!!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2006, 03:14:01 pm »
Bob Marley LOL... wow lucky
Taylor
21 years-old
Illinois

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 03:42:16 pm »
Brucifer--I didn't know Bob Marley played with a bunch of endangered species fishermen! Were they singin' sea shanties? Are you sure they ain't the Wailers?
Capt Deb ;D
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW