Author Topic: Shooting pains in the AN ear. anyone have this?  (Read 40662 times)

kwiggles

Re: Shooting pains in the AN ear. anyone have this?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:18 pm »
i was beginning to think i was making this up or making something out of nothing.. i woke up last friday with the worst pain. i called them ear spasms.. tight and horrendous pain... this was around the area behind my right an ear.. so naturally i thought it was related to the tumor. dr. told me it had nothing to do with the tumor,, more muscle then anything,so to use a heating pad or hot rags,, 800 mg of advil. he thought maybe i slept crooked, well its kind of hard to sleep crooked when the pain was behind my ear.. after suffering with it all weekend, i went back and the only thing he could think of was damage to the neuratic nerve. i had cyberknife done in 2010,, just to find out i was told wrong and should have never had raditation for a 3cm tumor. so now i have damage from it. since radiation can last in ur body for 2 years or more, there is no telling how much more damage i could have.. we wont know until things happen.. the neurologist gave me two shots in the head of this numbing agent along with steriods... to help numb the sharp pains.. not permantly but for a couple of days..  she has also ordered a mra , to rule out annurisms. .. its good to know i wasnt making this all up in my head..

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: Shooting pains in the AN ear. anyone have this?
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 06:40:44 am »
i was beginning to think i was making this up or making something out of nothing.. i woke up last friday with the worst pain. i called them ear spasms.. tight and horrendous pain... this was around the area behind my right an ear.. so naturally i thought it was related to the tumor. dr. told me it had nothing to do with the tumor,, more muscle then anything,so to use a heating pad or hot rags,, 800 mg of advil. he thought maybe i slept crooked, well its kind of hard to sleep crooked when the pain was behind my ear.. after suffering with it all weekend, i went back and the only thing he could think of was damage to the neuratic nerve. i had cyberknife done in 2010,, just to find out i was told wrong and should have never had raditation for a 3cm tumor. so now i have damage from it. since radiation can last in ur body for 2 years or more, there is no telling how much more damage i could have.. we wont know until things happen.. the neurologist gave me two shots in the head of this numbing agent along with steriods... to help numb the sharp pains.. not permantly but for a couple of days..  she has also ordered a mra , to rule out annurisms. .. its good to know i wasnt making this all up in my head..

So sorry for you that you were given wrong information I too had a problem with surgery that is why I keep telling people to please please research as much as you can and make sure you pick a GREAT team no matter what course of treatment is chosen...Hoping you find some relief and did you have the MRI yet praying for good news and pain can be treated ??

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.