Author Topic: Ringing Ear Relief  (Read 9863 times)

WiscWahe

• Wait and watch ...
Ringing Ear Relief
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:06:03 pm »
I found in the shelf some over the counter medicinal that claims to relieve ringing in the ear. They ranged in price from $10 to $15. I have not done any research so I decided not to drop a dime.  Actually this was the first I heard of something like that. My doctor never mentioned it as an option.

As anyone tried these? Any success?

Seems like it is better to montitir my activities to see what causes it to get worse.

Thx  for your thoughts.
---------------------------------------
3mm AN Growth Detected May 2013
No growth as of Nov 2013
Significant hearing loss in Non-AN Ear
W&W bit considering Middle Fossa

MG

Re: Ringing Ear Relief
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:23:53 am »
Sure wish there was something to help! Keep posting if you hear of anything else that might help. We are getting a cold front with rain first and my ear has so much pressure this morning and louder ringing. ??? Must be the change in the weather.

Good luck!
MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:10:27 am »
Try this...send me $15, I'll keep $5 and send $10 back to you. It will partially fill the void in your pocket. If there was some cure to to tinnitus, I would own the stock. Save your money, or follow my instructions.

james e

WiscWahe

• Wait and watch ...
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:59:08 pm »
Thanks James  ;D

I thought these so called "relief medicines" sounded too good to be true.

I am trying to map the ringing to diet, stress, sleep, exercise (or the lack thereof). I know this will not cure the ringing, but it may help me in knowing what to avoid in order to better manage it.
---------------------------------------
3mm AN Growth Detected May 2013
No growth as of Nov 2013
Significant hearing loss in Non-AN Ear
W&W bit considering Middle Fossa

Echo

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:49:28 pm »
Watch your caffeine in take.   I love my tea and the more I drink the more my tinnitus bothers me.  Needless to say, I've cut wayyyy back on my tea drinking.   I've also noticed loud environments or being near loud people can make things worse so I try to avoid those triggers.

Good luck!
Cathie.
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

sandyinwisconsin

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:28:22 pm »
I don't know if its just me, but I've been taking Curcumin, Folic Acid, and Melatonin since the end of summer, and I feel great. 

My hearing is better, the ringing is hardly noticeable, and my balance is way better.  I will continue taking them. 

I'm still untreated.

Sandy
1 cm AN deep in the boney canal.  Treated with 26 treatments of radiation in December, 2013.  Please pray with me that this worked.

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 11:26:55 am »
Glad to see you are saving your money...put it in your 410K.

MG

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 07:56:00 am »
I love my coffee in the morning but I guess I should try cutting down to half and half. Maybe it will help. I will let you all know if it works!

MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

Echo

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 11:37:16 am »
I still drink my full mug of tea in the morning and I enjoy a cup after dinner, but otherwise I've cut out tea or coffee during the day, and I avoid soft drinks. On the rare occasions where I would drink one or two additional mugs of tea through the day, I definitely noticed the tinnitus ramp up.  Let me know how you make out.  I noticed an improvement fairly quickly.

Cathie.
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital

MG

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 05:31:58 am »
Good Morning! Today I tried my coffee with half decaf and my tinnitus is slightly better. Not as loud. I will keep this up and monitor it to see if it continues.

Have a positive day everyone! :)
MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:05 am »
I'm with James.  Keep your money and don't spend it on "relief".  There is nothing currently on the market - at least that I'm aware of - that will help tinnitus.

Diet changes, like those others have mentioned, seem to be a good way to go to alleviate the ringing.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Derek

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »
Hi 'WiscWahee'...

I am in agreement with Jan and James...keep the cash in your pocket as it sounds like some sort of scam depending on what it actually claims to do for a modest outlay of $10 - $15. If there was such a product that could guarantee the relief of tinnitus symptoms I feel sure that by now it would have received universal acclaim by the medical profession. It would be most interesting to learn from anyone who has actually tried this product and what their assessment is!

Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Mickey

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 06:00:56 pm »
I`ve had tinnitius for about 35 years now.  I`ve tried everything mentioned, plus.  The only thing that has made a little difference in all the years was the neuromonics which I tried about 5 years ago at NYU medical center in NYC. Its kind of given me relief by some what "repositioning" the noise making it less annoying. I guess it also may have to do with the fact its been so long that I`m just plain use to it... I think if it suddenly went away I would have to get used to being with out it. LOL  Something I would gladly like to see some day. Still W+W going into year 7 and doing good.  Best wishes, Mickey

Derek

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 04:20:07 am »
Good to see that us 'old stagers' are hanging in there Mickey and hopefully paving the way for the newbies to give every consideration to W&W before committing to the alternative invasive treatment options if they don't need to.

Have a great Christmas and best wishes for 2014.

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Mickey

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2013, 08:41:52 am »
Thank you Derek! Hopefully we can make a positive difference to our AN family.... Merry Christmas + happy holidays + 2014, Mickey