Author Topic: Surgeon/Dr./Hospital list?  (Read 2528 times)

theshawn65

Surgeon/Dr./Hospital list?
« on: August 05, 2013, 07:41:17 am »
OK so I received my ANA packet a couple days ago and the list of people willing to talk, their tumor size, treatment chosen etc. is awesome.

However, it would be awesomer if it also included who treated them (Dr. Name) and where they were treated. Is there anywhere those who already have been treated have posted this type info?

2.2 x 2.2 x 2.3cm AN -- 3 FSR LINAC Oct 23-25th 2013

robinb

Re: Surgeon/Dr./Hospital list?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:03:30 am »
I have volunteered to be on the WTT list, not sure if I am yet.

Your question was something I recommended to be included as they do ask this info when filling out WTT volunteer info. However, the list is a lot shorter than I expected, so all in all I found it helpful. As on this forum, I found a common choice in doctor/treatment selections. More so in radiation as people less likely to do cross country travel for major surgery, but if people did travel, they usually went to House. I didn't find anyone that traveled far from home for surgery.

Also, most of the people on it are not active on the discussion board, so its a whole new resource. Most said they just don't go on the forum anymore as don't have the time. I will continue to post updates, but I don't often respond to individual posts as I just don't have time to weed through all the chatter. Theres many that do that you can PM with.
I found everyone I called very forthcoming with their time and personal experience and maintained contact with a few of them after my procedure.

You could try searching for them on this forum to see if they posted their detailed treatment info as I did.

The other disappointment to the WTT list was the percentage that did surgery compared with radiation and not as many with more recent treatment. ANA said they just don't get that many volunteers.

Feel free to PM me or email/call directly if I am on the list.
AN Diagnosed 11-2012 right side
13mm x 7.2 mm
Gamma Knife 1/24/13
UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford
Officially a postie toastie!
See my treatment journal at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18291.0

theshawn65

Re: Surgeon/Dr./Hospital list?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 02:44:28 pm »
Thanks for the input Robin.

As some on the list were from Ohio it would have been nice to see if any were treated by the Dr. Samy I consulted with in Cincinnati without having to call or email each one. :)
2.2 x 2.2 x 2.3cm AN -- 3 FSR LINAC Oct 23-25th 2013