Author Topic: Hearing Dog!!!!  (Read 3006 times)

foundmytreasure

Hearing Dog!!!!
« on: February 20, 2013, 11:15:16 pm »
I just wanted to write and inform everyone about (CCI) Canine Companions for Independence!!!  I have a CCI Hearing Dog (HD) from them and you can't even begin to imagine what a difference "Noah" has made in my life!!!  It truly is a miracle!  He is awesome!!!  He alerts me to the doorbell, smoke alarm, phone ringing, oven timer, microwave beep, alarm clock, when someone calls my name, the kids cries.....  I can go on and one....  Truly is a gift and a blessing to have a great organization that trains these amazing dogs to alert hearing impaired/deaf individuals!  You have to check them out.  And "Noah" goes everywhere and anywhere with us.  He is well traveled and loves the attention he gets!!  Check them out!!!  www.cci.org 

nftwoed

Re: Hearing Dog!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 01:04:29 pm »
Thank you for the story and link; I'm deaf.

Palace

• Palace
Re: Hearing Dog!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 07:58:31 am »
Hello Dog Owners:

Long before I was diagnosed I raised and showed Golden Retriever canines professionally. 

I got to the point with the fatigue where I couldn't even go up a slight hill with a pack of dogs.  My friend who also showed in obedience would bring her GR's over and we would hike them daily.  I remember not knowing why I couldn't make it up an incline in a short while.  (thinking I had fibromyalgia)   I had to psychologically prepare myself up for each step.  It was embarrassing when my friend ran up the mountain with the whole pack, effortlessly.  I was dragging with no stamina.  It was a grueling time along with many other horrific and dangerous symptoms, I experienced.

Yes, dogs are very smart and in many cases, much smarter than humans ever thought they could be.  Gain insight from your dogs and they will learn from you, as well.

Dogs are pack animals anyway and now we humans are detached with our electronic devices.  Please remember your dogs are alive and interaction will enhance the canine performance and trust.

Good luck with your team pal dogs and tell us your deafness stories so, we may learn from all of you on this thread, as well.

Remember, the more exercise your dog gets, the happier and better performance you'll receive in return.  It's very important to let your animal be a dog for a while during the day.  Imagine what it's like to be them and what we put them through. 

Dogs deserve "their lifestyle," too.

Thank-you and good luck,

Palace
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:03:54 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness