Author Topic: 3 more days!!!  (Read 3162 times)

susierg

3 more days!!!
« on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:45 am »
Morning all!

I'm so excited to tell everyone that I will be getting my BAHA processor on Friday!!  Am so excited!  I have gotten pretty used to not hearing in my right ear, but I know everyone around me will be excited not to hear me say "huh?"  a million times a day  lol!  I'm still having some wonkihead and the right side of my head is still sore in spots, but is improving and that's what matters.  I will report back Friday after I get my processor!  Can't wait!!!!
4mm AN diagnosed 8/2007.  Watch and wait for 5 years.  5/2012 grew to 7x4x4.
Mid Fossa 7/2012 at MD Anderson, Houston,Tx
SSD but still hoping it will return.

kixit

Re: 3 more days!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:29:21 pm »
I'm sure Thurs. night will be a sleepless night. I am excited for you!! When I got my Beamie Baha (named after Frank Beamer - Va Tech Football--GOOO HOKIES, lol) in Nov 2012, I just sat and listened to everything. Every sound was like I was hearing it for the first time. And technically I was--all through one ear. The tinny sound went away after about 3 or so weeks. Sometimes I'll smack something and I'll hear a tinny sound. It kinda sounds like the sound effects in the newer Tom And Jerry cartoons. I still just listen to everything sound--I no longer take my hearing (or anything else) for granted. After this AN experience my world is anew--nothing will ever be the same again.

I got my Baha "tweaked" in Feb. (after my follow up AN appt). They turned it up a notch or two. I have trouble with soft, low sounds. I have best results on the second level.

I will say this--I still have a hard time hearing when therer is a lot of background noise, such as a full  with music playing or when a lot of people are talking. I think--all these sounds are trying to go in one ear. My poor brain!

I am totally pleased with Beamie Baha-the only complaints are what I have mentioned above.

Happy Baha~ing!! 8)
left side AN 9mm diagnosed 2/2012
SSD, loud tinnitis left ear
Translab 5/24/12
Baha surgery 8/1/2012 at UVA
Baha hook up 11/09/2012  : ) 

I am a happy camper : )

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 08:31:37 pm »
Yayyyy Susie!!!  Let us know how you like it!! And don't be disappointed if things don't sound like you thought they should. Most of the time these need tweeking a bit after you use it and know what you want out of it.  Good luck! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 09:10:04 pm »
I'm a little late posting, but wanted to say congratulations, Susie!!!

I still remember my BAHA "Gotcha Day" and it was over 5 years ago.  Life has been much better since!

I hope you love your BAHA as much as I love mine!

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways