Author Topic: Going to mail my MRI results to that House clinic in Los Angeles soon...  (Read 12190 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Going to mail my MRI results to that House clinic in Los Angeles soon...
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2012, 02:49:18 pm »
I remember...I went through the same thing last year. I sent my scans and Dr. Friedman phoned me when he was on Thanksgiving vacation...LOL it was nice. You will hear from them. They are very quick to get back to  you but you must incorporate holiday & weekend etc.

Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

anothereveryman

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 05:20:08 pm »
I'm incredibly grateful that they offer to help and I just hope the MRI report arrived in the mail safely.

Trying to guess what they will say is gnawing away at me. It's a bad habit. But I'll report the moment I know anything from them and update here.

jsanders1379

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 11:15:51 am »
I mailed mine the 28th-also anxiously waiting...
Jeanne
Dx 10-25-2012
5x6x4 mm
3-27-2013 MRI 9x6x6 mm
GK  5-7-13 Swedish Hospital, Denver

jsanders1379

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 11:21:20 am »
Have you heard anything yet? I also mailed everything to House on Nov. 28
Jeanne
Dx 10-25-2012
5x6x4 mm
3-27-2013 MRI 9x6x6 mm

It is what it is

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 08:37:48 pm »
I hope you carry your questions with you at all times.  When I received my phone call, I didn't have my questions with me and couldn't remember to ask everything I wanted to know. 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 09:27:46 pm »
Just know that EVERYONE has several of these anxiety producing moments during this whole ordeal.  You are waiting on that phone call, then you might get a few more opinions. THEN you will have to decide, if you have different options of approach, of which approach and which doctor.  Then comes the procedure and all that implies...it goes on and on.  I only bring this up because in truth having an AN is NOT fun and not to be taken lightly.  Having a good attitude, arm yourself with information and of course seek support from your loved ones or even on this forum will only help you in the long run.  It's ok to vent here, we've all done it. There's no such thing as a stupid question.  Good luck and hope you hear from them soon!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 06:41:49 am »
I'm anxiously awaiting the news. I sure hope you both hear soon.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

anothereveryman

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 08:43:23 am »
My news is half-news: I get the consultation on Wednesday. No information yet. Reading my own MRI summary, the report couldn't even decide if it was a schwannoma or not. Hopefully the House people can make that determination.

The first step in a journey should involve knowing which direction one has to go.

It is what it is

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 09:37:11 am »
Thanks for letting us know that much. 
Until Wednesday,
 Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

jsanders1379

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 01:47:03 pm »
Talked to Dr. Friedman @House Monday. He pretty much agreed with the track I'm on right now... also offered to look at my repeat MRI scheduled for April...great service they offer...
Jeanne
Dx 10-25-2012
5x6x4 mm
3-27-2013 MRI 9x6x6 mm

millie

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 08:06:54 pm »
Praying for you guys.  Hang in there, everyman. Glad you sent your info to House; they contacted me within the week too, and the doctor I spoke  at that time with suggested the procedure I eventually had in NYC  five months later.
Millie