Author Topic: ANA Volunteer Opportunities  (Read 17795 times)

MShea

ANA Volunteer Opportunities
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:51 am »
ANA Volunteer Opportunities

Support Group Program
ANA Support Groups are led by volunteers and are people just like you. Volunteers coordinate meetings in their local communities or online, providing opportunities to learn about AN topics of interest through educational presentations and guest speakers as well as offering supportive time for caring, sharing and networking. If there is not a Support Group in your area, please consider starting one. Visit https://www.anausa.org/programs/support-groups/find-a-group to find a group in your area. Contact ANA for more information, volunteers@ANAUSA.org.

Peer Mentor Program
Volunteers provide one-on-one support via phone, email and video chat.  They represent a wide variety of AN experiences and are located across the U.S. They share their own personal AN experiences in an effort to increase awareness and educate patients about AN diagnosis and treatment. Contact ANA for more information, volunteers@ANAUSA.org

Community Connections Program
Community Connections provides informal meeting opportunities with local acoustic neuroma patients in a variety of areas across the U.S. Enjoy casual networking time with other acoustic neuroma patients and find encouragement and support through shared experiences. To host a meeting, contact volunteers@anausa.org.

Storytelling volunteers
Storytelling volunteers provide a unique type of support. Finding common personal experiences is so important to others that may be searching for a story that resembles their own.  Anyone affected by acoustic neuroma has a story to tell.  It’s essential to speak up – your story could be invaluable to someone. It’s also an important way you can make a difference, raise awareness and help ANA share the many voices that represent the AN community. If you need help getting started, contact us and request our Storytelling Toolkit with ideas, tips and suggestions to help you communicate your story and experiences.  Personal stories may be used in our newsletter, on our website or on our social media platforms. Contact ANA for more information,   volunteers@ANAUSA.org.

Milestones
There are milestones or anniversaries that people remember as a significant event noting a special achievement during the AN journey from a very personal, individual perspective.  For some, a milestone can be making a tough treatment decision after months of information gathering.  For others, it may be a treatment anniversary, or perhaps reaching a specific goal after treatment.  Whether large or small, milestones and anniversaries are meaningful markers and are as unique as the individual. Submit your milestone/anniversary and upload a photo or video using our online form:  https://www.anausa.org/forms/milestones-submission

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 12:30:09 pm by Director »

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
Re: Local Support Group Leaders Needed - Contact ANA Today!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:40 am »

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:44 am »

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:24 am »

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:09 am »

MG

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »
Some day I might consider being a support group leader here in Inverness, Fl. I don't see any around this area. I did see one in Orlando but that's too far away for me. I have only been a member for a month, so I guess you have to be a member for 6 months before you can become a support group leader. I will check back in 5 months.  :)

MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »
Dear MG,

Thanks for your interest in being a local support group leader in your area.
Just to clarify, below are the requirements for being an ANA local support group leader:

-Current member of ANA
-Post-diagnosis (watch and wait) or post-treatment for six months
-Current email address and answering machine or voicemail

Please feel free to contact me at the National Office at 1-877-200-8211 toll free or email: localgroups@anausa.org, or visit our website, www.ANAUSA.org, Support Groups link to request additional information.

Melanie Hutchins
ANA Local Support Group Coordinator

MG

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »
Hi Melanie,
   Thank you for replying to my e-mail. I was diagnosed with a AN on July 25th,2013, so it hasn't been six months yet. I am still interested in helping out in my local area and I would be happy to be a support leader. Let me know what the next step is.  :)

Sincerely, Cathy Foley (MG)
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016