Author Topic: ANA Volunteer Opportunities  (Read 6860 times)

MShea

ANA Volunteer Opportunities
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:51 am »
ANA Volunteer Opportunities

Support Group Program
ANA Support Groups are led by volunteers and are people just like you.  ANA Support Group volunteers serve as Leaders or Co-Leaders, scheduling and coordinating Support Group meetings in their local communities. The meetings provide opportunities to learn about acoustic neuroma topics of interest through educational presentations and guest speakers as well as offering supportive time for caring, sharing and networking with attendees.  Volunteer with one of our many existing Support Groups today! Visit https://www.anausa.org/programs/support-groups/find-a-group to find a Support Group in your area. If there is not a Support Group in your area, please consider starting one now.  Contact ANA for more info., at volunteers@ANAUSA.org.

ANetwork, Peer Support Program
ANetwork volunteers are valuable resources that provide a one-on-one personal connection for support and encouragement via phone and email contact.
The ANetwork Program provides access to a variety of acoustic neuroma patients from across the U.S. and covers all treatment types, various tumor sizes as well as caregivers/family members of acoustic neuroma patients. The participants in the ANetwork Program volunteer their time to share their own personal AN experience in an effort to increase awareness and educate patients about AN diagnosis and treatment, as well as provide encouragement and support. This helps in reducing the isolation and loneliness that many acoustic neuroma patients feel. Contact ANA for more info., at volunteers@ANAUSA.org

New! Community Connections Program
Community Connections provides informal meeting opportunities with acoustic neuroma patients in a variety of local areas across the U.S. Enjoy casual networking time with other acoustic neuroma patients and find encouragement and support through shared experiences. To host a meeting, contact volunteers@anausa.org.

Storytelling volunteers
Finding common experiences can break down feelings of isolation and build supportive networks. Your individual story could be invaluable to someone still searching for a similar experience. It’s also an impactful way to raise awareness about acoustic neuroma and can help researchers, doctors, and donors understand the human dimension of the work they support.  If you have a story you want to tell, share it with us. If you don’t know how to get started, we can help. Personal stories may be used in our newsletter, on our website or on our social media platforms. Email your written or video story to volunteers@ANAUSA.org.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:17:58 am by ANA »

ANA

• Administrator
Re: Local Support Group Leaders Needed - Contact ANA Today!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

ANA

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:40 am »

ANA

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:44 am »

ANA

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

ANA

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 10:07:24 am »

ANA

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:09 am »

MG

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 01:19:42 pm »
Some day I might consider being a support group leader here in Inverness, Fl. I don't see any around this area. I did see one in Orlando but that's too far away for me. I have only been a member for a month, so I guess you have to be a member for 6 months before you can become a support group leader. I will check back in 5 months.  :)

MG
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016

ANA

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 03:19:01 pm »
Dear MG,

Thanks for your interest in being a local support group leader in your area.
Just to clarify, below are the requirements for being an ANA local support group leader:

-Current member of ANA
-Post-diagnosis (watch and wait) or post-treatment for six months
-Current email address and answering machine or voicemail

Please feel free to contact me at the National Office at 1-877-200-8211 toll free or email: localgroups@anausa.org, or visit our website, www.ANAUSA.org, Support Groups link to request additional information.

Melanie Hutchins
ANA Local Support Group Coordinator

MG

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »
Hi Melanie,
   Thank you for replying to my e-mail. I was diagnosed with a AN on July 25th,2013, so it hasn't been six months yet. I am still interested in helping out in my local area and I would be happy to be a support leader. Let me know what the next step is.  :)

Sincerely, Cathy Foley (MG)
Resides Inverness, Fl.
Diagnosed w/ AN tumor Aug 2013  9x5x6mm
 2016  1.3 CM Touching Brain Stem 
'Wait and Watch' is over. w/ symptons of tinnitus along w/ ear pain and pressure most every day. Will be having Cyber Knife in June 2016