Author Topic: Eye Weight removal  (Read 5272 times)

rsteph

Eye Weight removal
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:39:27 pm »
I am four years  post op and my neurosurgeon says I don't need the eyeweight anymore. Has anyone had their eyeweight removed?  My eyelid is stretched to the max now.  I am 3/5 Brackmann scale.
3.7 cm AN Translab Aug 08' 100 percent removal UT Southwestern - CSF leak, Bacterial Meningitus. Rt side Facial Paralysis.  Partial facial movement returned 11 months post op.  Still healing

Jeanlea

Re: Eye Weight removal
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:53:35 pm »
I still have my eye weight and it's been just about seven years now. I've gone from no movement after surgery to about a 3 or 4 out of 5 now.

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD

rsteph

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:03 am »
How long did it take for you to recover from the eyeweight?  Was it painful?
3.7 cm AN Translab Aug 08' 100 percent removal UT Southwestern - CSF leak, Bacterial Meningitus. Rt side Facial Paralysis.  Partial facial movement returned 11 months post op.  Still healing

Brewers7

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »
I had my weight removed after about 6 months.  A breeze.  Back to work immediately.
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

rsteph

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:06 pm »
wow!  No pain!  Why is the doctor loading me up on meds before then?  He is also going to lift up the bottom eyelid because it droops a little.

Brewers7

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 03:21:17 pm »
I am sorry.  By "immediately" I mean the next business day.  I am guessing the doctor is giving you some antibiotics in advance as a preventative measure?
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Kaybo

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 07:29:12 pm »
I've had 3-4 weights in and out over the years...EASY PEASY!!  However, I have no feeling on that side!  I have learned over the years that even though I have no feeling in the right side of my face, when I have procedures done that would cause a fair amount of pain, I just feel awful all over instead of just my face.  It is very hard to explain but what I am trying to say is that when I had weights removed, I didn't have ANY problems!!

Good Luck!
K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

rsteph

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 04:44:37 am »
Yes, the doc is loading me up with antibiotics and hydro and something to help sleep.  In addition he is doing a little plastic surgery to lift my bottom eyelid up a notch so the white portion of my eye is not showing so much and to help with symmetry.  Thank you for your responses.  I was just anticipating a lot of pain with all the meds he loaded me up with.