Author Topic: feels like something is stuck in my throat  (Read 20118 times)

Lou

feels like something is stuck in my throat
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »
Just lately it feels as though something is stuck in my throat after eating... It also feels like it is closing up, has anyone else felt like this or is it just me.... Probably me, but thought I would ask anyway
''The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be''

Bilateral facial nerve neuromas
8mm left side and 7mm right side. diagnosed late 2011.Watch and Wait Staus -  Currently at
the mercy of the English NHS system

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
Re: feels like something is stuck in my throat
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:36:23 am »
Just lately it feels as though something is stuck in my throat after eating... It also feels like it is closing up, has anyone else felt like this or is it just me.... Probably me, but thought I would ask anyway

You wanted you to know you are not alone I have the same problems but I had surgery and a small piece was left behind I developed these symptoms along with a sluggish stomach that I never had prior to my surgery.

Best Wishes,
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Rob85616

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:23:31 pm »
I actually have the feeling like an irratation when I swallow.  It looks like I have a white sore on the back of my throat.  I am about 4 months post surgery and this has been going on a month or more.  My neurosurgeon said it was probably just from a cold I had.  But it's still an issue so I am going to the ENT wed to get it checked by them.  We'll see what they say.
4CM AN Right Side. Retrosig Surgery March 2012. SSD

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:57:21 pm »
Lou, I have hesitated to reply since our situations are radically different. Howe er, this has been ongoing problem for me for two and a half years since surgery. In my case it is clearly a case of trauma/damage to the 12th nerve. This nerve, the vague, wanders throughout the neck and abdomen with a lot of involvement including the vocal cords, swallowing, and gastrointestinal issues. I have been recovering from a variety of distinctions of these areas, but the feeling of something caught in my throat remains. My understanding is that this due to the lack of the minor/involuntary muscles working in the throat. What this means is that the normal flow of mucous does not  complete its journey down the throat and just stops.

Please note: this is what is happening to me after 32 hours of surgery for a large, sticky, hard to get at tumor, followed by 28  days of radiation. Your symptom may be completely unrelated to your tumor.

Hope this helps,
Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

Gearbox123

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:57:47 pm »
Hi , I am still new to the group, I have a small 3mm tumor and had some minor swallowing issues, but not sure it's the tumor , I also have GERD that tends to give me some trouble sometimes with that issue maybe your ENT can help with that problem, good luck, all the best!