Author Topic: Headcount of Forumites attending Cinci Symposium  (Read 50054 times)

Mei Mei

Re: Headcount of Forumites attending Cinci Symposium
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »
Yes, she said it right   We are missing you all.  Just now at the banquet Cheryl R said that she's been to five symposiums and this was the quietest one so far.   It's coz the troublemakers aren't here and she missed them.    This is my first meeting and said we'd toast them.   I'll send some pics somehow when I get home.

Toast tomorrow at breakfast to all of you we miss.   Phyl said she had to focus but we'll do it at brunch.

Guess what happened to me?   My number was called at the raffle Fri. afternoon and I had to go up on stage to get a Flip video camera.   I had never heard of this before and I guess because I was focused the last couple of years on getting AN information.   I wasn't sure if I really won because I'm never sure if I heard things right.   Didn't want to go up and claim the prize if it was the wrong number but he said it was right and handed me the camera.   Whoopie!   I hardly ever win raffles!   I really felt good.   I wished all of you could get a prize.   Actually the prize is just being here.

Good night all you Forumites!
See you when we get home.
Mei Mei   ;D
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2011, 08:44:46 pm »
...and MeiMei's new cam hasn't been put away since! :)  I'm too tired to write but yes, I also agree that it is quiet and not the same without you all.  KathyM sitting out the door here so I'm going to go hugglez sit with her!

Night all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Mei Mei

« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09:12 pm »
Yes, night all.   Think of us tomorrow late morning as we raise an OJ to you at the brunch!   Here's hoping they give us Mimosas.

Hugglez,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Mei Mei

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2011, 05:15:48 pm »
Hey, I'm home and back on the Forum.   Glad to meet all of you there.   We didn't take that picture toasting Jan.   Things were too busy but I toasted her by myself.   I am looking forward to meeting more of you in 2013 out in LA hosted by House.   The flights to LA are cheaper than to Cincinnati.  Try to come, all of you!
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

Cheryl R

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2011, 06:12:12 pm »
Mei Mei.  Wondered how your flight went!      We are at our hotel and did outlet mall this afternoon and good trip north.     I am so happy to have got to meet you and can't wait to see my pics when get home.               The symposium was good as usual and some new info every time!
Just not the same without last years gang but fun to meet new people!             Big hug Mei Mei till next time!                 Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Mei Mei

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2011, 06:23:09 pm »
Big hug to you, too Cheryl.  You are a very special person and I wish that I lived closer to you as you would make a great neighbor.  Surprised to see you online tonight.   Thank you for your gift.   I will treasure it forever!  Hugs to you and Mark.   Loved having that great Cincinatti ice cream with you and all those meals together.  It was very special to me.

Hugs to you,
Mei Mei
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2011, 06:04:27 am »
2013 in LA???

Now there's an expensive trip for most of us  :(

As well as a city I'm really not too interested in seeing again.  Bummer!

Was SO hoping it would be in Boston.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2011, 08:31:12 am »
Hello to everyone!

Wrapped up my first symposium and it was all I had hoped it would be.  Phyl, Mei Mei, Cheryl, Tim, daniel, Barb, ombrerose (real name escapes me!), clarice, mizb??, and so many others....how nice to finally see you eye to eye. As I said over the weekend, my cyberfamily has been a lifeline to me and I love you all.

I took way less pics than I intended so I am anxious to see everyone's. I also am quite limited on uploading experience so any helpful hints will be appreciated.

My husband had a great time too and has mentioned L.A. Twice since we have been home.....hmmmmm. Maybe we will be going in 2013! I sure hope so!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

Kaybo

« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2011, 09:12:29 am »
I don't know, LA is LOTS more appealing than Cincinnati and I bet I can get a much cheaper flight. For those of who ALWAYS have to pay to fly...any Symposium is a HUGE expense. It was going to cost me almost $600 for 1 ticket this time...for those of you that can drive feel fortunate! Maybe that's why it is on the West coast next time - spreading the love!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2011, 09:17:11 am »
Don't forget that we can party with LADavid, Nancy and Lainie.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

moe

« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:01 am »
LA sounds much closer to and easier to do!
@ Mei Mei` you lucky duck winning a video camera! Now how to use the thing, right? (I'm showing my brain fog/age thought process deficiency :P ).
Sounds like a great time by all.
Will definitely keep 2013 on my radar (for some reason, I thought it was yearly......)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Keri

« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2011, 10:18:35 am »
i find posting pics on facebook waaaay eaiser than on the forum... so, have i missed pictures floating by on facebook?? i haven't seen any.
i'm glad everyone had a great time.
i was hoping for east coast next time! but, like Kay said, it's probably cheaper to fly to LA than to some obscure place.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

cindyj

« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2011, 11:22:46 am »
Glad to hear so many of you got to get together and had such a great time!  While to me Atl has always sounded like a great place for the symposium :D, I'm thinking LA will be good also.  Only been there once and was not quite myself then ;), so would love to go back.  And, yes, would be SO great to see the LA gang again!  No free flights for me either, Kay, so will have to start saving my pennies...quarters...dollars...

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

deheisel11

« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2011, 12:11:58 pm »
This was my first Symposium and I enjoyed every moment of it.  I have been to many conferences in my life and the ANers were the nicest of them all.

I found out that Kathy M and I went to the same elementary school even though it has been almost 50 years since I have lived there.

I also was able to put faces to the Forumites and to meet Clarise and Cheryl, who were both so supportive during my surgery last year.  I also found out that Phyllis wears the cruise director title very well.

When I lived in California for a couple of years, Los Angeles was not one of my favorite cities either, but I plan on being there after enjoying this one so much.
translab surgery of 2.6cm neuroma, right side, by Dr. Welling at Ohio State, 6-18-10.  BAHA base placed on same day.  Facial paralysis. Gold weight 7-14-10.

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2011, 05:05:20 pm »
LA sounds doable...will hopefully be able to turn the symposium trip into a "see the sites" road trip with my sweetie. Always looking to double up on the fun.

Sorry, I was a total fail at the picture taking thing. I would see someone, get involved in a conversation and totally forget about the recording the moment for prosperity.

Moment of truth... after two years of doing the Arkansas support group with no real growth in the numbers, I went to Cincinnati with the intention of telling the ANA folks that it was time to step back. There wasn't any lightning strike to change my mind... just a series of conversations, almost everyone of them that included a mention of how much the support group had helped them at one time or another. Those conversations swirling around in my brain during the plan ride home made me realize it's not about big numbers or growth (although that would be nice). It's making a difference in the life of that one person that shows up to the meeting. You really can't ask for anything better....touch one life.

Recommitting for two more years as support group leader.

See you all in LA...

..thanks for being...t
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi