Author Topic: BAHA scheduled  (Read 1830 times)

Karen4639

BAHA scheduled
« on: November 02, 2010, 09:48:54 am »
Finaly made the call to schedule my BAHA procedure. Dec 14 is the day. Now I have to decide which company to go with. My audiologist and a lot of the talk on this forum have 2 very different opinions. He really dislikes BP100 as he says he has always had to send them back for adjustment and has never had to send back a Pronto. I even asked my docs nurse if the audiologist could be getting an incentive to recommend one company over the other and was told the office does not accept any incentives so I don't have to worry about that. The audiologist and my surgeon are in the same office.
Going to call another audiologist to see if I can get another opinion.  I'd like to hear from people who like the Pronto and are happy with it.
Karen
translab 7/13/10
2.5cm AN removed
facial paralysis on AN side and balance issues

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Re: BAHA scheduled
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:30:22 am »
My suggestion to you is to ask to demo both models.  Perhaps they can let you try each of them for a couple of days.  That's how I made my decision to go with the BP100 over the Oticon Ponto Pro, but I think everyone is different, and you should try to see which you are more comfortable with.  I think that is far more important than any one else's opinion.  Let us know what you decide.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego