Author Topic: 16 hours sugery  (Read 5516 times)

Funnydream

• Texas in my room crying. Guys can't cry. DARN IT.
16 hours sugery
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:11:09 am »
Woke up thowing up for a whole day. Looks like I have a leak from the throwing up. Surgery was mon 27th. They are keeping me till the 4th cuz of leak. Did a spinal tap that gave me a massive headache. I want to go home.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
left hearing gone, balance getting better.
16 hour Surgery 9-27-10 CSF leak fix 10-4-10 3 hours
Miracle I feel my left face and tongue again.
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

cin605

Re: 16 hours sugery
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:19:08 am »
Sorry to hear.....Do they have yo on morphine?If so that might make you sick...ask to be switched to delauded.....morphine was also giving me the headache.
Hang in there...Hope you get to come home soon.Keep us posted.HUG!
Cindy(cin605)
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Tod

• My blog (work and life)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 01:03:39 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you are in such discomfort. The good news of course is that you finally had surgery and you came through it. Don't try to tough it out with the headaches...take the pain meds.

I do hope you start to feeling better quickly.

-Tod
Bob the tumor: 4.4cm x 3.9cm x 4.1 cm.
Trans-Lab and Retro-sigmoid at MCV on 2/12/2010.

Removed 90-95% in a 32 hour surgery. Two weeks in ICU.  SSD Left.

http://randomdatablog.com

BAHA implant 1/25/11.

28 Sessions of FSR @ MCV ended 2/9/12.

LisaP

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 01:07:42 pm »
Hi,

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and to go home.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  What kind of surgery did you have?  I am still W&W.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 01:27:15 pm »
FD ~

I'm glad you finally had the surgery - but sorry to learn about these complications.  I hope you'll be home, soon.  Thanks for making the effort to post an update while struggling with nausea.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Funnydream

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »
They told me the steroids is what was making sick. Lucky for me I was still able to get sleep. Was told those steroids keep you awake. I'm also on valume (how ever its spelled) that really helped me sleep and made the tinnitus a none factor. Only pain i have so far is from lying on my right side so long. Very bruised on right side of body. ENT says he can fix my leak threw my ear. Hope it works out. Cuz I hate antesea with a pashone now.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm
If we evolved from monkeys into humans? When do we stop being human and become something else? What would that something else be?

Funnydream

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 03:58:34 pm »
Feeling my left side of my head is like a miricle. I keep playing with my teeth and toung. Im a lucky one so far. I eat tums alot for ant~asid and was told my bones wear rock hard. I also love milk. The docs complained that I was a heavy bleaded. But they went forward cuz I been cancled twice already. Thease are by far my worst days.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:16:56 am by ppearl214 »
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 06:44:10 pm »
16 hour surgery  ???

Just how large was your AN?  I thought it was similar in size to mine (about 3 cms) and my surgery only lasted about 7 1/2 hours.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

nanramone

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 07:49:54 pm »
funnydream - I'm glad your surgery is finally over with. I'll continue to look for your posts, and hope you feel better soon.

Nancy

Funnydream

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 08:45:18 am »
16 hour surgery  ???

Just how large was your AN?  I thought it was similar in size to mine (about 3 cms) and my surgery only lasted about 7 1/2 hours.

Jan

I was aheavy bleader. They said they would have cancled. But that would have been 3th time. Also very hard bones from all the milk I drink and tums I eat.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm

Funnydream

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 08:48:34 am »
Im in no pain. Just feel like crap.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm

Funnydream

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 09:01:27 am »
Hi,

My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery and to go home.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.  What kind of surgery did you have?  I am still W&W.

LisaP ;D

Retro with 10% chance of cronic headaches rest of my life. Im only taking valume. I feel NO pain at all. Just feel like crap.
Age 42, AN left, 2.8cm

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 09:26:51 am »
Not sure how being a heavy bleeder and having "hard bones" relates to an extended surgery, but then again I'm no doctor.  Also don't see what cancelling a third time would have achieved.  It's not like the hard bones or the heavy bleeding would have changed if you waited.

Regardless, at least the surgery is over and now you can move down the road to recovery  :)

Don't sweat the potential for headaches.  Lots of us had retrosigmoid and don't get them. 

I had no pain either post op - other than the stiff neck from the way I was positioned during surgery which was more a discomfort than a pain.

Feeling like crap is normal; won't last forever.  Try not to take the valium longer than you have to.  While I'm sure it's necessary or the doc wouldn't be giving it to you, it can be addicting.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 09:52:05 am »
Funny, glad it is over and wishing you a speedy recovery.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Stephanie

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »
Glad to hear the surgery is over but at this point you probably felt better before, huh? Once I got out all I wanted was to go back to how I felt before the surgery. I had surgery 2 1/2 mo. ago (14 1/2 hrs) mine was also rescheduled twice but for different reasons ("3rd times a charm") . I had an alergic reaction to the steroids and as soon as they injected the morphine into me I threw up! Unfortunatley I was so medicated it took a couple of times before I realized that is what did it to me so I threw up the whole day. Nothing like throwing up when you haven't eaten for days and just had surgery on your head, the headaches were tremendous. I ended up with a leak too. They tried to stop it with medications but ended up having to have another surgery. I was leaking from the nose as well as a constant drip from the incision.  I couldn't wait to get out of the hospital and get those stupid messaging leg cuffs off of me, nothing like 106 degree weather and neoprene leg cuffs up to your mid thigh 24 hrs a day, sure the hospital was airconditioned but it didn't feel like it then! I do feel much better now (no headaches at all) but I never thought it would happen and ultimately I am glad I had the surgery because the tumor ended up being almost twice the size they thought it was once they got in there. I hope your leak is easily fixed and you go home soon! Believe me when I say I feel for you and understand the crappy feeling but it will get better : )
AN 3 cm left side (1.7 cm @ diagnosis 5 mo. prior - MRI didn't show all)  Surgical removal 7/12/10, CSF leak - surgical repair 7/26/10