Author Topic: 16 hours sugery  (Read 5518 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 16 hours sugery
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 03:49:12 pm »
Speedy recovery, Funny.... get some rest, enjoy the valium and just remember... "day by day, inch by inch....."

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ksiwek

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 08:15:10 pm »
Congrats on being on the other side of surgery.  Recovery is defn more like a marathon than a sprint...hang in there!  Glad you were able to sleep with the steroids, they kept me up with crazy dreams and sweating...ugh! 

Rest up, keep pushing forward and know that it will continue to improve as the weeks pass on!
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

keithk

• Cochlear Awareness Volunteer (Chapter Leader)
    • Retrosigmoid Surgery
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 01:26:33 pm »
My surgery was 9.5 hours. I had problems with vertigo for about the first 24 hours. I was on morphine for pain and Valium for the vertigo. I was also given something for nausea. I hated the leg massages also. It was in the 90s when I was in and couldn't get the room cold enough. I was just glad to get home after 4 days even though I still felt like crap I was home.
AN surgery 8/19/10, 9.5 hrs
8mm x 5mm left side
Retrosigmoid, Drs Reichert & Harvey
Severe hearing loss in the left ear before surgery. SSD after surgery. Balance issues. Tinnitus (mild). Buzzing in left ear.
BAHA implant surgery 11/17/10
BAHA activation 2/1/11