Moe is right. I A "pleased as punch" that another BAHA wearer will be joining the "group" and I hope you love your BAHA just as much as I love mine.
It really is an amazing tool for those of us who are SSD
Once you get a surgery date, please PM me your mailing address so I can send you one of Lori's and my Official BAHA Recovery Kits. They are free of charge - not much in life is, these days - and I think you'll enjoy it.
glad to see you will be joining the BAHA ranks, yourself
I'm guessing the "screw" (aka titanium rod) already implanted into your skull is a Cochlear product, since Oticon wasn't manufacturing BAHA systems until just recently.
Are your doctors sure that they can attach an Oticon abutment to a Cochlear "screw"? I'm pretty sure they can - until September - but I'm not 100% certain, so it might be a question to ask.
Recently developments by Cochlear (see my post in the hearing section) will make the processors (tiny hearing aids) and the "equipment" (titanium rods and abutments) manufacturered by Cochlear incompatible with Oticon products.
I'd offer you a BAHA Recovery Kit, but 98% of the contents are only useful to those having the surgery that you've already have. The other 2% though, as you've probably already heard from some of our recipients, is chocolate. So in the spirit of BAHA, I'll send you chocolate if you'll PM me your mailing address.