Author Topic: This Week 5/30/10 in the AN World  (Read 1517 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 5/30/10 in the AN World
« on: May 31, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »
Today is Monday 5/31/10 Memorial Day, a day where we honor those that gave their lives defending America’s freedom, and to all the Men & Women currently in the U.S. Military defending our nation.

Alexis’ (mom2cbnt) husband Robert had translab surgery on 5/26 (not on the AN calendar, thanks Denise S).  Though the surgery itself was a success, Robert developed a CSF leak.  Alexis we’re sorry that Robert is having difficulties but so glad to read that the actual AN removal was a success.  We hope that Robert’s CSF leak will stop quickly, and the two of you can get home to the kids.

Carol Ann (iluuvpups) had her translab surgery on 5/27.  Her surgery went well though they did have to leave a small amount behind to be treated at a later time.  Carol we’re sorry they weren’t able to get it all, but hopeful that this saved your facial nerve function, and that the treatment of the remaining piece is a complete success.
Thank you Denise (Denise S), and Sue (sues1953) for keeping us all updated.

Congratulations to our newest Posties.

Brian (Pooter) it looks like there is good reason to celebrate your MRI written report ”no definitive evidence of residual or recurrent tumor is identified”.  We trust that your Dr. will confirm this great news at your 6/15 follow up.

Jan (leapyrtwins) we were very happy to read that your 5/12 MRI results were clean also.

Congratulations on your clean MRIs.  Very Good news :)

Across the country we have three translab surgeries this week:
Wednesday 6/2 Stefani (stef84) in NY.
Thursday 6/3 Cathy (chatty cathy) in TX.
Friday 6/4 Kris (ksiwek) in CA.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with each of you this week for successful and uncomplicated surgeries, and for quick recoveries.

Thursday 6/3 Nancy (NancyMc) will be going for her 1 year MRI.  Nancy we’re glad you finally made the appointment, and will be keeping positive thoughts for clean MRI results.  Please let us know how you make out.

There is also a lot to celebrate for 3 of our cherished, and respected Hero Members:

Jan (leapyrtwins) you have a lot to celebrate this week.
Monday (today) makes 3 years since your retrosigmoid surgery, and on Friday it will be 2 years since your BAHA Gotcha Day.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARRIES Jan.

Sara (saralynn143) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you on Wednesday as you celebrate 2 years since your microvascular decompression (MVD) surgery.

Cheryl R (Cheryl R) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you on Thursday.

For all that are recovering we hope you are feeling better each day.

Happy Memorial Day,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week 5/30/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 07:14:53 pm »
Thanks for the update, Rich.

Good luck to all having surgeries this week; congrats to Saralynn; good luck in the tube of gloom Nancy Mc; and happy, happy birthday, Cheryl R  ;D

As I sit here 3 years post op - and almost 2 years after my BAHA Gotcha Day - I have to say that life is definitely good!  ;D

Am thinking of celebrating with a 2nd tattoo.  The first one was to commemorate my AN surgery date, the second one will be to commemorate my BAHA surgery date.  And then I'm done.  No more ink for me!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways