Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 420998 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #840 on: April 28, 2011, 12:07:01 pm »
we have been passing a virus around and taking turns jogging to the bathroom ...

even lost  3 pounds ...

like Kay's weight loss program , I wouldn't recommend this one ... leaves you weak and feeling like you have been turned inside out

Hawaii Plan sounds alot better  ;D

we had tornadoes yesterday and I did get some exercise walking around the farm this morning checking fences ... drove back as far as I felt
comfortable and then walked ... was scared to get the truck to a point I would have to back out ... we have trees down and some flooding but
overall OK ... last report I heard had 165 deaths in 4 states do to yesterdays storms ... 5 passed over us ...2 dropped tornadoes in the county I live
Alabama hit hard ... my brother and dad had to evacuate when limbs started falling on trailer and still don't know if it is still there or not
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #841 on: April 28, 2011, 12:22:11 pm »
Kaybo, of course you are excused. Wish I could be there to help out. Take good care of yourself until you are fully recovered.

Soundy - oh my goodness! You take care too. Will keep you and your extended family in my prayers. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything about your brother and dad.

How is everyone else?

MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #842 on: April 28, 2011, 12:49:22 pm »
 I'm keeping an eye on Ms. Kaybo...and is she ever an eyeful these days!  :o :o She does look amazing, but I'm not opting for her diet plan either  ;). It was 92 here yesterday.  My days of walking outside are drawing to a close.  Back to the treadmill for me!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Kaybo

« Reply #843 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:11 pm »
Thank the good Lord for my angels, Clarice and Priscilla...Priscilla, for driving an hour to take me grocery shopping and making dinner and Clarice for been my ever present encourager on the phone and texting...she will probably be READY for her surgery so she can get a break from ME!!  ::)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #844 on: April 28, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »
Ms. Kaybo,
Any excuse I get for spending time w/you and your darling family is good with me.  I have been thinking so much about Addi esp.  Being around her makes me miss my girly ever so much!  You really did look amazing even if you were moving slowly.
Love you much!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #845 on: April 28, 2011, 09:33:02 pm »
Kay ......

You are my hero (or should it be heroine??) and the least we can do is be the rungs for each others' ladders when needed!  Sure wish I lived closer to you so I could hop in and see the new, skinny you!!  Well ...... maybe "hop" is not the correct word.

Word to the wise:  do not remain quiet and polite when going for a massage and your back is killing you!!  Had a bad experience today, but it was my own fault.  Just disgusted with myself for wasting the money on what my husband thought would be a treat for my birthday.

What was interesting was that after I had walked for awhile afterwards, I was OK again.  Back sure seized up when lying on my stomach too long!

Back to the Y tomorrow.  One more week to be in the best shape possible before surgery.  Sure hope I am not on my stomach for ??? hours during surgery!!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

cindyj

« Reply #846 on: April 29, 2011, 11:27:11 am »
After rising early to attend the Royal Wedding this morning (and how beautiful it was!), I did manage to drag myself to my class.  As usual, once I was there, I was so glad I went!  We have our dancing tonight, so will need to take a nap ;)

Kaybo, I hope you are improving rapidly!  Glad Priscilla and Clarice have been such a great support for you!  You girls, are awesome!  Clarice, too bad the massage wasn't relaxing and didn't feel good - that's supposed to be the idea, right?  Sara, you are inspiring me - keep it up!  Soundy, hope everything was found ok for your family after the tornadoes - that really, really was something, wasn't it?  I could not believe the wind that night and yet we didn't even have any tornadoes in the metro Atl area, fortunately.  Very scary - I usually don't take the warnings too seriously.  I suppose I will in the future. 

Enjoy the weekend, all - will see you back here next week for your reports!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Soundy

« Reply #847 on: April 29, 2011, 08:30:12 pm »
my Dad and brother are living at Best Western up in Fayetteville Tennessee... the trailer is damaged and not safe to live in

school went back today an hour late ...kids were glad to be back

need prayers for my half sister's grandmother ... she live in an area hit in Alabama and is listed as missing...
both the grandmother's home and an aunt and her family's home are gone ... praying that they are sheltered in a church or
school ... they don't have good records of people they have ... and some people pop in and out ... been a hard couple days
the aunt and her family are not listed as missing or as dead ... hoping that my sisters grandmother is with them and
they are somewhere safe and just can't make contact ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Jill Marie

« Reply #848 on: April 29, 2011, 10:41:06 pm »
Keri - Good to hear from you, was beginning to think you didn't survive the bike trip, glad it went well, despite the weather that is. Looking forward to hearing more about it and what else you have been up to.

Clarice - Glad to hear you made it to the Y again and enjoy the walks, I love to take walks with my husband and two dogs, it's good for all of us.  Hope you get some more time to exercise this week so you're ready and relaxed for your surgery. 

Sara - Why don't you like the stationary bike, think you mentioned it before but don't recall the details.  I ride the bike at the club a lot.

Soundy - Glad to hear your Dad & brother are ok, so sorry to hear there home isn't safe for them to be in.  Hope you get news soon about your half sisters Grandma.  I hate to say it but I've been so busy at work that I haven't kept up with the news, didn't realize how bad things have been weather wise.  Will read about it this weekend.

Priscilla - We are living in opposite worlds, it snowed for over an hour this morning, luckily this afternoon we got up to 55.  You are already heading back in to get out of the heat and I'm hoping for good weather so I can go out in the heat.

Cindy - I want to go dancing too!  Details please!

Hubby, the dogs & I walked every night this week and I made it to the club once to ride the bike.  Since Hubby is home with a bad back I've been walking with him so he can get out and get some fresh air.  The walks actually seem to help his back now, at first it killed him to walk.  I've been working overtime a lot the last two weeks but that should hopefully end tomorrow so I can get back on the bike and ride, outside that is.  Gotta get to sleep now as I work tomorrow.  Jill :(

Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Soundy

« Reply #849 on: May 01, 2011, 09:09:26 pm »
Worked at church from noon until around 5:00 ...we unloaded donations of personal care items and then packed bags for individuals ... we made womens bags , mens bags and then children's bags... we hoped for about 200 and ended with 600 ... the bags have been delivered and tomorrow we are sending food and water ... walked several miles and lived thousands of pounds ( 10-15 pounds at a time) the radio station came out and broadcast from the church community room and asked for donations to add to what we had collected ... it is unbelievable the amount of good that were brought out ...there was a call from workers at ground zero needed soap , shampoo, diapers and stuff like that ... they had been getting food and water deliveries but needed soap , towels and stuff  ... something else we were asked to round up were can openers ... many people were given bags or boxes of food ... much of it canned ... only to find that they couldn't get into it ... we called for them on the radio and had about 50 manual can openers brought to us ...

my legs and back know I have been busy ...so tired I can hardly think , but it is a good tired ... going to get some sleep and go back and help sort and load tomorrow ... Hannah is just finishing homework ... she and Sarah worked right along side me at anything they could do ...proud of them ...

still no word on family members that are unaccounted for ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

Kaybo

« Reply #850 on: May 01, 2011, 09:35:33 pm »
Such a good work...what a good thing to be sore for...awesome, Soundy - so proud of you!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #851 on: May 02, 2011, 06:15:58 am »
WOW, Soundy .......  What an awesome task you did.  The recipients I know are extremely grateful.

Sure hope you get word about your family members soon.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Soundy

« Reply #852 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:26 am »
feet are killing me and a bit dizzy ... over did ...

we have a 5K this weekend to raise money for our efforts so will get in that exercise ...I am going to take what girls Scout cookies I have left , about 25 boxes and add to food going down... will help load food trailer and then coming home ... my house has been neglected since storms hit and will soon be declared a disaster area if I don't do some work on it ... I say scrubbing , sweeping and folding count as a work out ... already have sheets and blankets washing ... gonna pack up the blankets to encourage cold mornings to move on ... hoping rain holds off so I can hang things out ...

see the up and down from basket to line and the nearly touching toes to bend and pick up stuff are all exercise ...

I think I am too tired to be typing ... kinda silly feeling ...

still no word but keeping busy helps to not dwell ...
Translab July 2 ,2007

cindyj

« Reply #853 on: May 04, 2011, 12:10:34 pm »

Cindy - I want to go dancing too!  Details please!

Hubby, the dogs & I walked every night this week and I made it to the club once to ride the bike.  Since Hubby is home with a bad back I've been walking with him so he can get out and get some fresh air.  The walks actually seem to help his back now, at first it killed him to walk.  I've been working overtime a lot the last two weeks but that should hopefully end tomorrow so I can get back on the bike and ride, outside that is.  Gotta get to sleep now as I work tomorrow.  Jill :(

Ah, we started dancing about a year ago - lessons once a week and then we started going down to an American Legion every Fri for "real" dance practice.  We just love it!  Can't imagine what we used to do on Fri nights!  We started out just w/ West Coast Swing, but have since learned a little bit of numerous other dances (Waltz, ChaCha, East Coast, etc).  The spins can sometimes be a challenge, but I figure it just helps the brain adjust...besides, it's just too much fun - I can usually overlook the extra wooziness I may experience.  It actually would have been a challenge even before life w/ and w/out an AN ;D  Hope your husband's back is doing better!

Soundy, what a great contribution you guys are making!  So needed and so rewarding, I'm sure...

I am trying a Tai Chi class tomorrow - my gyno recommends it to all her over-a-certain-age patients, and said it would really be good for me (w/ vestib challenge).  Said here in the West, we focus on strong bones in case we fall as we age, but in the East, they focus on strengthening balance so they don't fall in the first place - won't break a hip if we don't fall ;), so thought I'd try it...will let you guys know how it goes...

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #854 on: May 05, 2011, 08:02:10 am »
Hit the treadmill hard this morning. I won't be able to go to the gym tomorrow because it is Civil War Day at school. My husband and I have been volunteering for the past six years. This year and one more and we will retire. It's fun but very tiring.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13