Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421255 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #810 on: April 17, 2011, 09:23:05 pm »
Finally got out on my bike today - didn't log nearly as many miles as Patrick, but it's a start  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jill Marie

« Reply #811 on: April 17, 2011, 10:33:07 pm »
Looking forward to hearing how you did Keri, posted on your other thread about the bike ride so won't do so here!

Congrats Jan on getting back on the bike, your headed in the right direction now!

Hubby hurt his back on Wednesday and has been pretty much on the couch since then, we took a walk to the store to get out of the house today.  He goes to the doctor tomorrow, hopefully it's nothing serious.  Been walking the dogs after work but hope to get back to the club or on the bike around home this week.  Should be no rain and in the low 50's, I can handle that!  Jill ::)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #812 on: April 18, 2011, 12:40:47 pm »
Clarice , I would think they are talking hair spray , cleaners etc . not an inhaler that is medically necesary... I'd double check
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #813 on: April 18, 2011, 03:36:59 pm »
Just got home from a pre-op visit with my primary care doc.  I asked her about the inhaler use ..... without hesitating she said they cannot mean no inhalers ..... too many people need them.  As you said, she said it is most likely hair spray, spray deodorants, etc.  I will ask Seton Hall just to double check, however.

Back to topic, I do not know why but just could not make myself go to the Y today to work out.  Gotta go tomorrow.  Will not give in!!! :-[ :-[

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Jill Marie

« Reply #814 on: April 18, 2011, 08:59:49 pm »
Clarice, lets make a pack, I will go back to the club tomorrow and you will go to the Y!  I didn't go to the club tonight because I wanted to get home and see what the doctor had to say about Hubbies back.  If all goes well this week he should be back at work next Monday.  I WILL GO BACK TO THE CLUB TOMORROW, THAT'S TUESDAY APRIL 19, 2011.  CLAIRE WILL BE AT THE Y ALSO!  Jill :D
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Kaybo

« Reply #815 on: April 18, 2011, 09:03:11 pm »
Y'all should try my weight loss plan - I've lost 21 pounds since I returned from the hospital (15 of that was water weight - I thought that I was going to explode my skin was so tight - they pushed SO MANY bags of fluid/blood), since then, I have lost 6 more that I had when I went in!

K   ;D

*I really wouldn't recommend it though!*
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #816 on: April 19, 2011, 06:49:17 am »
Jill ......

WOW, this thread really is a motivator!!   ;D  Thanks, I needed that.

Kay ......

Isn't there a saying "Be careful what you wish for!"  Think I'll pass on the suggested way to lose weight.   :o

March, march, march ........

Clarice

cindyj

« Reply #817 on: April 19, 2011, 10:46:29 am »
Kaybo...are you ok now?  How did I miss that you were having surgery?  Take it easy!

Clarice, I agree w/ Soundy that the no aeresol must mean hairspray, etc.  No way are they saying no inhalers...well, I'm pretty sure ??? 

And, did you get to the gym yet today, Clarice?  Jill, how about you?  This is Tuesday, the 19th!  Jan, good for you for getting back on your bike!  Keri, how did your ride go? 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #818 on: April 19, 2011, 04:27:20 pm »
Alas, I did not make it to the Y today, but probably got my heart rate up to the desired cardio range just waiting 2 1/2 hours for the cardiologist appointment!

Actually the cardiologist encouraged me to exercise a minimum of 25 minutes per day, 5 times per week so I really have no excuses any more.

TOMORROW I WILL GO WITHOUT FAIL!!!

Clarice 

Jill Marie

« Reply #819 on: April 19, 2011, 08:50:47 pm »
HHHMMM, Hawaii weight lose program or the Kay hospital weight lose program, both cost lots of money, both serve you food you're not use to, one has you fly there while the other one gives you drugs so you think you flew there, depending on which hospital you are in the view might be similar to Hawaii's, but something tells me I should go with the Hawaii program.  Kay - Hope all went well, let us know if you want to.

Cindy - Yes, I made it to the gym and to be honest I did it because I posted it.  It was a bit nicer out today then yesterday and I was tempted to just go home and walk the dogs.  Got to the gym and it was hailing so it was a good call.  Biked for 48 minutes and burned 490 calories.  Got home and the dogs wanted to go for a walk and Hubby needed to get out of the house so we took a little 15 minute walk.

Clarice - Waiting that long for a doc appointment is just wrong, hope it doesn't happen again.  Tomorrow April 20, 2011 you will be at the Y and I will be at the club.  I stated the date so there would be no confusion about when tomorrow is, as we all no tomorrow never comes.  Clarice I'm going to need your help, you've got to go so I keep going.  I have to work extra hours Friday and I work Saturday(don't usually do that) so it's going to be hard to make myself go to the gym Thursday and Friday after work, If I know you're counting on me to go so you will go then I will go.  Hope that makes sense! Jill ;)

Kaybo

« Reply #820 on: April 19, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
I even texted Clarice to get her to go to the Y & I will again tomorrow - that's one thing I can do from this blasted bed!! Surgery did NOT go well...comPlications...ICU, back to surgery & 5 blood transfusions. Why can't I do anything the EASY WAY? I'm sure it'll all be good in a few days!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jill Marie

« Reply #821 on: April 19, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »
Kay so sorry to hear that things didn't go well at all!  I guess you are destined to be an example for the rest of us.  "If you think you've got it rough see what Kay went through and is doing just fine!"  Five blood transfusions my goodness it sounds like we and your family are lucky to still have you here with us.  Will be thinking about you the next few days and hoping that each day gets better and no more complications.

Glad to hear you will text Clarice, once she finds out what you have gone through I'm sure she will be at the Y so she won't let you down, perhaps she will even get her husband to go as well.  Take care of yourself and please keep us updated.  Jill :) :)

Kaybo

« Reply #822 on: April 20, 2011, 06:40:36 am »
Thanks Jill!

I assure you Clarice knew what going on the whole time - to some degree - praying & pacing me thru it!

There's always someone in a much worse situation than you - that's what I have always tried to remember...even though this wasn't good & it's unfortunately taking me a bit longer to "bounce" back, I will be OK...some don't have that luxury!!

:D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #823 on: April 20, 2011, 07:07:02 am »
Hey, I need to count that as exercise ..... all the pacing I did last week!!

Yeah, yeah ...... I'm on my way to the Y shortly!!!!!  Jill, are you????

Clarice

Kaybo

« Reply #824 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:17 am »
I MAY try to get a shower & have Mom take me to Target. Once there, I plan to use a motorized cart (watch out, baby!) but getting into the building will definitely be exhausting for me!

Wish me luck!

;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!