Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 420311 times)

kerijacobs

Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #1320 on: December 05, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »
I think that we've all been so busy with exercising that we haven't had time to post about it !!

I'm running a marathon this Saturday. They've taken on a whole new meaning (sorry to be so cliche). I run in memory of one of our fallen troops. This weekend will be very special... sad, though, too. I'm going to post a link or article about it in the next day or so.

Hope everyone is moving ! Walking, running gyming, biking, whatever!

Keri

It is what it is

« Reply #1321 on: December 05, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »
Good luck with your marathon.  I skied for the first time since the surgery.  Hurray!

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1322 on: December 06, 2012, 10:30:38 am »
I think that we've all been so busy with exercising that we haven't had time to post about it !!

Sorry to say that's not true in my case  :(

Hope it's true for others!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #1323 on: December 08, 2012, 04:06:07 pm »
You're not alone, Jan!  Been SOOOOO busy and attending to a "concussed" girl to boot!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

It is what it is

« Reply #1324 on: December 09, 2012, 09:09:40 pm »
Sorry to hear about the concussion and the difficulties for others either finding time or feeling good enough physically to return to activities.  I am finding downhill skiing a great "exercise" in my recovery.   Snow or fog "white outs" challenge my internal vestibular system since my vision gets compromised.  But, I am having a blast!!!!

karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

cindyj

« Reply #1325 on: December 27, 2012, 10:46:23 am »
Had to really drag myself to the gym this morning after being out for a couple of weeks...huffed and puffed thru the class...

New Year next week - everyone resolve to get going again!

;D

cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1326 on: December 27, 2012, 07:41:56 pm »
New Year next week - everyone resolve to get going again!

I'm with you!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

« Reply #1327 on: December 28, 2012, 11:58:36 am »
Last few times I've been on here, I've been logged on as the '2nd me' who is Keri Jacobs (who is a newbie with 9 posts). I finally figured out how to login as the old me. The real one.

So, I ran last Saturday. I haven't been doing much since.  I need to get moving too!

Glad you are all still checking in.

I don' t have any energy. ... oh well.

I'll try to check back soon with a better report.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

cindyj

« Reply #1328 on: January 10, 2013, 03:34:49 pm »
Last few times I've been on here, I've been logged on as the '2nd me' who is Keri Jacobs (who is a newbie with 9 posts). I finally figured out how to login as the old me. The real one.

I'll try to check back soon with a better report.

Keri

I had noticed that "new" you and wondered about it - glad to have the "old" you back ;)  So do you have a better report for us?  Get your energy back?

How about everyone else out there?  If you have all your holiday decorations put away, then it's now time to get back on the exercise wagon!  If you haven't been on the wagon at all, then it's time to get on it! 

Let's go!  (I say this for me as much as for y'all, you know ;) )

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

texsooner

« Reply #1329 on: January 10, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »
Trying to do my part....running in the Houston Marathon this Sunday.

Patrick
3.5cm left side AN; 11 hour retrosigmoid surgery 8/11/08 @ Memorial Hermann, Houston - Texas Medical Center with Drs. Chang and Vollmer; home on 8/13/08;
SSD(w/tinnitus); dry eye; Happy to be here and feeling good.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #1330 on: January 11, 2013, 02:33:52 pm »
between weather , viruses, holidays , etc I have been idle... need to get moving ... have gained a few pounds...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1331 on: January 11, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »
Well, like always, lots of you (Keri, Patrick, etc.,) are putting me to shame.  I don't think I'll ever be on that level, but my New Year's resolution was to lose weight/get back in shape and I've been to the gym 4x this week so far; going again tonight.

I have the time to go, just don't always find the motivation - and I can come up with a million excuses  ;D

Jan

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #1332 on: January 17, 2013, 04:02:16 pm »
Hi All,

At this juncture in the New Year (which I hope is going well for all of your respective journeys) I am reading Tina Fey's "Bossypants" which is a laugh riot! I am reading it because my wife received it as a gift last December(2011) and my wife just got around to getting me a Kindle white(2012). I recently downloaded it from Amazon. It works!

Mike

1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

Keri

« Reply #1333 on: January 18, 2013, 03:16:04 pm »
Well, I'm not doing much of anything. This past fall I have had on and off issues with achilles tendonitis (likely spelled wrong). I've been to the doc twice. I got better, still did some marathons but very slowly (as in much slower than my usual slow). I love running trails but that has made my problem with my AT worse. So, I really need to back off running. I'm going to try to bike tomorrow, even though it's freeeeeezing cold. Everytime I bike, I tend to forget that you can't dress like you're dressing for running - i.e., you'll 'warm up' after being at it a bit. You freeze because of the draft.

I was going to run the National Marathon in March. One of my friends got me involved in "Running in Memory of our Fallen Heroes" (running in honor of fallen military). This has evolved a bit as I've gotten to know some military moms who have lost their sons due to combat PTSD (suicide or drug OD). These are heartbreaking stories. Anyway, in October, I ran in memory of one of these soldiers at the Baltimore Marathon. Then in December, a larger group of us (6) ran in memory of 3 fallen soldiers/Marines. This March, for National, I am trying to get a larger group to run in memory of more of these heroes. Unfortunately, there is no shortage right now of those who have lost their lives to suicide. It is very moving and special for us as we run for them. So, even if I can't do the whole marathon, I'm going to do the half.

In the meantime, I need to find the discipline to cross train.

Check back !! Keep moving !!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1334 on: January 19, 2013, 11:52:05 pm »
Becoming a regular at the gym.  Helps immensely with stress - which unfortunately has soared in the New Year  :(

Jan