Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421375 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #1305 on: September 21, 2012, 09:26:23 pm »
not at all ready to walk but walking while Hannah runs tomorrow in annual Heart Walk / Run ... she has been working at cutting her 5K time down and aiming for this to be her first walk ... then got announcement a few weeks ago that they have a Band competition tomorrow ... suppose to register at 7:30 for Herat Walk and be at school at 7:30 for band ... got approval for her to come early and do her run then sign in as she is leaving ...not she she needs to run then head off to a marching competition but she says she can handle it

finally got approval from Pfizer for Lyrica for next 6 months ...had been without for a bit over a month and was very happy to see Fed Ex man coming up my driveway with capsules in hand ... three months worth or $1638 if we want to figure it in dollars ...  our insurance had sent a letter saying the would now cover it .. I had a little hope that insurance was getting better until I had the pharmacy run it through to check and on a 3 month supply they would pay $69 ... the pharmacist did tell me that to make it easier to pay for ,  I could take a month at a time but they would charge about 15% more and the insurance would pay less doing it that way at only $28 per month worth  ??? ... so went back to Pfizer and they came through...we have been a 40 day of prayer thing at church leading up to a county wide revival ... first week we were to paray for personal and family needs ... wrong or right Lyrica was top on my list ... Sarah told me I shouldn't really be praying for drud so I changed wording to pray for something to relieves pain that starts with an "L" ...  ;D ... Sarah just rolled her eyes at me

think about me tomorrow as I limp/ wobble around the route and Hannah as she runs ... Sarah is saving her legs for marching and will be helping set up crew ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1306 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:08 am »
Shout out to our own Phyl, who is doing the Alzheimer's Walk this weekend in MA - and she even has a broken toe!

Go, Phyl!!!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

It is what it is

« Reply #1307 on: September 22, 2012, 11:34:12 am »
I join Jan in cheering for Phyl! 

Karen
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Soundy

« Reply #1308 on: September 24, 2012, 02:31:15 pm »
Hope Phyl had a great a great walk.

Hannah decided not to run Saturday. With to competitions she thought it would be too much. I walked for all of us. Our school won the $500 prize for most participants. It will go toward something to improve heart health. Probably should have skipped it . By the time I could stop following kids around I was worn out.

The band took Grand Supreme at first compitition and second in their class at second competition along with our drum major taken Best Drum Major. Rolled in to school a little before 1:00 am. Not sure I am rested yet

Did learn I am out of shape. Had got in better shape when we were logging alot of hours but have back slid badly. Bo got a horrible triglyceride report. 389 when it should be 50 :o ..Got to work on his det. He gets more exercise than most people I know.
Translab July 2 ,2007

Linda1947

• Scheduling Surgery
piercing ear pain
« Reply #1309 on: September 24, 2012, 04:20:00 pm »
I am 8 weeks post-op; things were going OK. All of a sudden I have been having piercing pains in my ear--like a muscle spasm! They happen when I move my head a certain way--like when I rinse my face or get out of the car. Has anyone else experienced this? My doctor said it was a muscle spasm at the base of my neck and that I should message it. But that is not helping.
LindaR

Keri

« Reply #1310 on: September 26, 2012, 09:22:06 pm »
Linda - I'd definitely start a new post with your piercing pain issue - maybe put it in one of those different categories. I think more people would respond with help or ideas.

Nice to hear from everyone else. I did a marathon in Omaha last weekend. I was visiting my son in the USAF stationed at Offutt AFB. I flew through Chicago and waved to Jan!

I have some type of injury now - I had a really slow marathon. It's either an achilles tendon thing or plantar fasciatis. I don't know how to spell!

I want to bike if I can't run. But I think I'll start with a trip to the doc first. Actually, I'm feeling rather unmotivated right now.

I hope everyone is able to get moving if that's what they're trying to do. You know you feel better afterwards; I just need to convince myself of this advice many times as well.

Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #1311 on: September 27, 2012, 01:05:10 pm »
I thought I saw someone waving at me the other day  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

« Reply #1312 on: October 12, 2012, 06:24:20 am »
I twisted my ankle the day of the heart walk ( not at it , after it while herding kids ) … walking in grass stepped in a hole that mower had went over leaving the elusion that the ground was level … I thought it was sprained and wrapped it , then put elastic brace on it ...

last Saturday  it was hurting to the point I went in and x-ray showed a break running from ankle up my leg that is about 3 inches long ... Funny thing is the end toward ankle is partially healed meaning that it broke when I twisted it and walking on it is just pushing beak up my leg … also have 2 bone spurs that the doctor called gnarly and he can’t figure why they are not bothering me … the ones on my left foot do give me trouble … these are just there

Now have boot and cane … boot has put a raw sore  on one side of my leg and a bruise in the shape of the metal stay on the other… but ankle feels a lot better … this is right ankle and walking is making left side hurt  from favoring the right … went in and they gave me some memory foam pads to put over hot spots and said the sores / bruises are normal ... I have been coming in as soon as I get home and taking the boot off to let skin breathe and let the open sore have healing time ... I cut a hole out of the pad they gave me to keep pressure off the sore so far it is not infected ... trying to keep it that way

But that said , armed with my trusty Quadra Ped cane ( it has four tips for extreme balance assistance so I guess would be a Quadra Ped … and besides that sounds cooler than cane) , I went through our annual corn maze trip … wandered through maze for about 2 hours … I like just wandering aimlessly through without map or hints that when you get to a numbered marker you can answer questions to tell you which way you should go … kids had been out about 30 minutes before I popped back out … just kinda peaceful walking through the corn with just yourself and your thoughts … and in my case my trusty Quadra Ped cane   ;D
Translab July 2 ,2007

It is what it is

« Reply #1313 on: October 12, 2012, 06:34:48 am »
Ouch!  But obviously, nothing keeps you down.  :)
.7cm, left side AN , Tinnitus, Hearing preserved, Middle Fossa 8/1/12 at HEI, Drs Friedman and Schwartz, Sharing your story is extremely helpful to me.

Soundy

« Reply #1314 on: October 18, 2012, 11:20:07 am »
When I am tired and laying i  bed trying to go to sleep I have sane moments where I think that I need to quit moving and take a breath....but the compulsiveness in my make up won't let me stop...I joke about it and grumble but all jokes aside I think I need treatment to overcome some OCD and other compulsive issues i have

I don't consciously think it , but sorta think if I don't keep moving I may quit all together.... ???

So I don't stop :-\
Translab July 2 ,2007

It is what it is

« Reply #1315 on: October 18, 2012, 11:41:26 am »
What an incredible picture your child drew!

Karen

Kaybo

« Reply #1316 on: October 18, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »
Have been to the gym 3 times this week...groan...but I know will be better soon!  ARC seems a little kinder to my heel than just walking or running!  Hopefully I'll get thru this soon!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

It is what it is

« Reply #1317 on: October 18, 2012, 04:24:45 pm »
I'm impressed!  :)

Soundy

« Reply #1318 on: October 29, 2012, 08:43:54 pm »
What an incredible picture your child drew!

Karen

that was drawn before Bennie , my AN was found ... she told me that was me with a headache ... she was not quite 5 at the time ...now it is permanently attached to my right shoulder in the form of a tattoo ...

well last x-ray looked good ... healing up nicely ... another 3 weeks and I can turn my fashionable toeless boot in for something closed toed since winter is coming on and my toes are freezing at football games ... our football team is undefeated and we have state playoffs beginning Friday...yay Bob Cats ... and The Giles County Band of Gold ... the girls want shirts that say " What is that dirty football team doing on our marching field?  ;D  ... they  think they may get beat up so skipped them

Took a walk through a haunted hayfield at some friends farm Saturday and had a stick enter boot under my foot and send me tumbling but only injured my dignity …

Will be glad to get rid of this thing and start walking again… I am still walking a lot just because I have to in the course of my day … but want to rev that up… have started doing light home physical therapy on ankle … getting a little stiff …
Translab July 2 ,2007

Soundy

« Reply #1319 on: November 08, 2012, 09:53:27 am »
I get rid of boot on the 17th and go to a brace with metal plates in it... yippee... I can wear two shoes again

bad thing is my shoes that were 2 weeks old when all this started now don't match... the left one looks older than the right   >:(  ... I think I will wear the boot on the left for 6 weeks and make the shoes match...  ;D

my left foot is a little bigger than the right due to screwing it up back in the summer and that is why I got new shoes ... so left foot wouldn't be squeezed into numbness... tried to wear old shoe a few days so new ones wouldn't get screwed up and couldn't take it... I am writing Santa and telling him I need a new left shoe to match the right

I weighed in yesterday and have gained 4 pounds since being booted... grrrrrrrr ...
Translab July 2 ,2007