Author Topic: Merry Christmas from Kaybo!  (Read 11036 times)

Kaybo

Merry Christmas from Kaybo!
« on: December 17, 2009, 08:59:28 am »

mErRY CHrIsTMas from our family to yours!  Hope all have a safe & wonderful holiday season and a great 2010!

Things have been a bit busy here lately (like they aren't always crazy busy!) as I have thrown something new into the mix!  I feel like I don't get to read everything that is written, but please know that I still care and am here for each & every one of you.  I have jumped off and started seriously pursuing my photography career.  I shot my first wedding on the 5th as the 2nd shooter and actually got some good shots - would love to share if anyone wants to see!  ::)  Now, I am working with a photographer here in town (she took these images) as her assistant and will be her "back up shooter" in 2010.  I will shoot under her name and take pictures for her when she has too much business or something comes up & she can't make the shoot - she has already used some of the pictures that I took last week with her on a shoot!  She says that I have a lot more talent than I thought...I always thought that I kind of had the "eye" - Lori said that at least if God had to leave me with only one eye, it was a REALLY good one!  :D  At he same time, I will be shooting on my own & building up my business and clientele.  Anyone need any pictures??

Love to all my AN family!
K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: Merry Christmas from Kaybo!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:34:56 am »
Beautiful picrutes of a beautiful family, Kay!  I'm so proud of you for following through on a deam you have had for awhile.  You DO have a good eye, and all the epictures you take of your girlies are gorgeous!  I hope you love every minute of your new work.  Have a VERY merry Christmas!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:51:04 am »
Beautiful picture of you and your family hope you will be famous with your photography business in the near future think of a name for it now. 

Happy Holidays,

Pat
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 10:24:09 am »
You guys look great as always, Kay. Best to you and Dave and the girls. Merry Christmas.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:29:32 am »
  I have jumped off and started seriously pursuing my photography career.  I shot my first wedding on the 5th as the 2nd shooter and actually got some good shots - would love to share if anyone wants to see!  ::)  Now, I am working with a photographer here in town (she took these images) as her assistant and will be her "back up shooter" in 2010.  I will shoot under her name and take pictures for her when she has too much business or something comes up & she can't make the shoot - she has already used some of the pictures that I took last week with her on a shoot!  She says that I have a lot more talent than I thought...

Good for you Kay!

One of the most fascinating photography portrait exhibits I have seen was  on doppelgangers by French Canadian photographer Francois Brunelle

Here is an ABC news article on him
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2912199&page=1

CBC news article (my favorite video)
http://www.francoisbrunelle.com/an/tv/tv4.html

Here is his website
http://www.francoisbrunelle.com/

Now that portrait photographers do not have to spend hours in a toxic dark room (as I did in my youth with my students) and there is Internet and digital images… this art-form has taken on such exciting dimensions.

Good for you for going after this…

Merry Christmas and many blessings to your family.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 10:31:36 am »
Kay, you have such a beautiful family!  Congrats on your dreams taking flight and about God leaving your good eye, yeah he is Good like that.   ;D  I've been meaning to tell you Thank You for contacting me right away when I found out about my AN, before I ever even found this place.  It really blessed me and I'll never forget it.  Merry Christmas Kay.
Anissa
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

Cheryl R

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 10:49:15 am »
Kaybo,Such nice pictures and such fun to see all of you.     The one little gal sitting by dad sure looks like him!         Your new job sounds very nice and I know you will do well.      It will be Kaybo Photography,won't it?       
                    Merry Christmas to all of you!                     Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2009, 10:57:39 am »
Merry Christmas to you too, Kay. Love the middle pic of you and Dave.

That's exciting about the photography too. And to think you have taken my picture! I feel so special.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

cyrmom2

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 11:08:00 am »
Merry Christmas to you too!

I love the pictures - your girls are beautiful!

Cyndi
diagnosed 7-27-09 4 cm CPA
12 hr translab 8-25-09
Dr Chicooca & Dr Welling at OSU/The James
sliver of tumor remains on brain stem
left SSD & facial paralysis (was 6/6, 2-3/6 at 9 weeks, 1/6 within 4 months) 6 month MRI on 3-17-10.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 11:42:28 am »
Merry Christmas, Kaybo!  Beautiful pictures of a beautiful lady and her beautiful family!!

Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

opp2

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 12:53:59 pm »
Look at all those blond curls!!!! Beautiful. Like mother like daughters, simply gorgeous.

Merry Christmas Kaybo.
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

another NY postie

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 01:10:14 pm »
I was thinking the same thing - look at all those gorgeous curls!  Wonderful pictures and a beautiful family.  Have a wonderful holiday and good luck on this new venture - it sounds like everything is falling in place and you were meant to do this!
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 01:20:38 pm »
Oh, Kay .....

What gorgeous pictures of a beautiful family!  ..... and congratulations on embarking on another new career!  What is they say about how many careers the average person has in a lifetime????  You certainly have chosen well for this one and I know you will find rich rewards with the pleasure others have from your excellent work.

Merry Christmas to you, Dave, and the girls!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 02:18:25 pm »
Kay,

Lovely pictures of a lovely family -- a very angelic looking group! And you've certainly been an angel to so many on this forum.

Merry Christmas to all!

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 04:22:11 pm »
Merry Christmas, Kay!  Great pictures of your beautiful family!  I'm glad this is turning into a career move for you!  Do I need pictures?  Dunno, but do you travel?  ;)  Btw, coming down to Houston anytime soon so that we can have another Houston-area get together with you?

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager