Author Topic: Yet another new one  (Read 15421 times)

volleymom

• had pressure on my Pons
Re: Yet another new one
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2009, 02:25:04 pm »
I am doing very well.  Exhausted, it takes 1-2 hours to eat a small meal.    I've beeen up to  sit on the side of the bed a few times and it gets easier each time.  I had a sitdown shower this morning which was wonderful.  Later today I wiil work with PT.  I was very wobbly in the hall last night.  Might get discharged tomorrow.  Minimal nausea, I quit taking the ZofrAN today.  I've had pain pills every 3-5 hours,  I need another nap now.

Kathy
9mm X 16mm diagonsed in August 2009.  Retrosigmoid Nov, 2009 at OHSU in Portland, OR.
post-op had some facial nerve weakness, nearly resolved. Mild tinnitus. Left sided deafness.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2009, 03:17:55 pm »
I am doing very well.  Exhausted, it takes 1-2 hours to eat a small meal.    I've beeen up to  sit on the side of the bed a few times and it gets easier each time.  I had a sitdown shower this morning which was wonderful.  Later today I wiil work with PT.  I was very wobbly in the hall last night.  Might get discharged tomorrow.  Minimal nausea, I quit taking the ZofrAN today.  I've had pain pills every 3-5 hours,  I need another nap now.

Yea!  Another 'Postie' joins our ranks!  Congratulations on your successful surgery and continuing recovery.  Thanks for posting but get the rest you need.  We'll be here when yo have more energy to post.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

epc1970

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 05:33:31 pm »
Kathy
I'm thriiled to hear that you are doing well!  I knew that you were in great hands. I hope they are taking good care of you there at OHSU though I'm sure you will be happy to go home. Get lots and lots of rest when you can. Keep us postie on your progress!
Erin

moe

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 10:31:24 pm »
Kathy,
Yes, I'd say you're doing VERY WELL!  A short email, 2 days post brain surgery. I was still "gorked" out on pain meds!
What a relief. Take it easy, we'll hear from you as you progress in your recovery.
VERY important to take it real easy. Baby steps we call them.
Eat, fluids, walk, rest, nap, repeat cycle!
Sounds like you ROCKED it :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Tricia (horsekayak)

• Keenah and Tricia
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2009, 12:54:08 am »
So glad you are doing well.  Keep up the good "rest".  Listen to your body, and enjoy your leisure time!!!
Tricia (horsekayak)-Diagnosed 8/10/09
1.5 cm right side AN
Gainesville, GA (near horses and Lake Lanier)
Linac radiosurgery at Shands Hospital/Univ of Florida  12/1/09  Go Gators!!!

"Excellence is to do a common thing in an uncommon way"...BT Washington

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2009, 02:33:21 am »
Kathy -

sounds like your post op recovery is fairly typical and that you are doing well.  The fatigue will last for a while - afterall you've just had brain surgery - but in time it will get better.

Get lots of rest and don't overdo it.  Patience is key; though hard to come by at times.

Hang in there,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 04:33:01 pm »
Kathy .....

Good to read that you are successfully and safely on "the other side."  Rest, walk, rest, rest, walk, rest, etc.

Thoughts and prayers for a continued uneventful recovery.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

volleymom

• had pressure on my Pons
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2009, 11:16:38 pm »
I am getting a little stronger.  today I had the whole head shower and it was good.  After surgery, I kept marveling that I hadn't reached the 3rd day yet, but I was getting better, not too miserable and just sleeping all the time.  I'll keep recovering here at my mother-in-law's house for a few more days.  Most of the family has gone on home so it is quieter.
my surgery only lasted 3-4 hours, so the tumor wasn't firmly attached I think.  I was discharged just 4 hours short of 3 days post op. I could have stayed longer, but just to sleep and take pills an an inpatient.
I have a slightly weak facial nerve, that should recover well.  They only shaved a tiny bit of hair.  I'm not hearing on the left side now, but there is a chance that it will return when the swelling goes down.  I can hear my eye muscle close my left eye, weird.  I am much less dizzy than I expected to be, so I am relieved.

Thank you all for your support.
Kathy
9mm X 16mm diagonsed in August 2009.  Retrosigmoid Nov, 2009 at OHSU in Portland, OR.
post-op had some facial nerve weakness, nearly resolved. Mild tinnitus. Left sided deafness.

moe

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2009, 11:29:54 pm »
Kathy,
continue your gentle positive healing! You will continue to feel stronger. And I bet that head shower was the best!
Sleep is good, it is helping your body heal from the stress of BRAIN surgery, even though it was "only" 3-4 hours, it is still brain surgery.
Enjoy it while you can. And drink lots of fluids, gentle walks, and before you know it you'll be busy getting ready for the holidays :o
Take care,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

sgerrard

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2009, 01:04:16 pm »
Hi Kathy,

It sounds like it went very well. Enjoy your nap time, the next holiday season is coming up fast.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 06:34:09 pm »
Good to hear how you are doing after surgery, hope you continue to do well.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!