Author Topic: How many days in hospital?  (Read 16457 times)

ghenier27

Re: How many days in hospital?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 10:19:56 pm »
Hi, I had my surgery on October 19th at Shands Teaching Hosptial in Gainesville, Florida. I don't believe my surgery was one of the three types of surgery usually done for AN's. My scar is about 12 inches long, no they didn't cut my hair. I will also say, notice can see the scar unless I lifted my hair! No, I don't have thick hair. I had a chance to go home on that Thursday but didn't feel like I was ready. I left the hosptial the next day. My tumor size was 1.6 cm by .07 cm and was inbedded in the bone and the doctor had to stretch my facial nervous more than he felt comfortable with. BUT, I had a mircale, I was walking the streets the second day home. Four days later, I was walking a 1/2 block several times a day. At the end of the first week, I was drivng around the block by myself. If you were to ask me if I would do this again. Well. I if needed I would. My doctors are wonderful. At the begining of my fourth week of recovery, I am feeling back to normal. I still have some swelling around the site but that too will go away in time.

It also lets folks know that there are justed as talent doctors here without going to house.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: How many days in hospital?
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 10:23:46 pm »
It also lets folks know that there are justed as talent doctors here without going to house.

A very important point, that I've said many times on the Forum.  Although House has a great reputation, it's not a place that everyone can afford to go to - from a financial perspective as well as from a time perspective.  There are numerous highly-qualified, incredible docs "close to home" - and many, many of us are proof of that.

Glad to hear that your recovery is going so well  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways