Author Topic: AN convention  (Read 1612 times)

Karen

AN convention
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:22:23 pm »
I was so flad to see everyone at the convention.  My husband and I were at Jackie's facial talk Friday night.  I was the one whose pictures was on her computer at the end.  It was so good to swee everyone that I read posts from.  I met Leapy Twins, Sara Lynn, Kaybo, Phyl      and so many more.  We thought the covention was great.  Just wished I could have gone to all of the talks.  I missed Tessa's facial tlalk and the eye one.  Anything new in the eye dept?  I have an appoinment to See Dr. Neely about a BAHA.  Still not sure but have been thinking bout it.  Loved the Drake, a little expensive but oh well.  Congratulations to Phyl on her award!!!!  My computor has been down or a would have posted before.  Has anybody checked about the moisture         chambers on regular glasses like the one woman had?   

Just to let everyone know how good Jackie is , the plastic surgeon     who I had the 15 minute consult with couldn't believe that I had retrained my brain to smile without using my tongue( Ihave had the 12/7)  I have been traing with Jackie for about 3 years now.     He did suggesst some Botox              around my lip.     

Loved all the pictures of everyone.  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: AN convention
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 07:24:52 pm »
Karen -

glad I met you, too  ;D

As you know, I love my BAHA - so if you have any questions about it ask away!

Did you try the BP100 demo that Cochlear had at the symposium?  I thought it was even more amazing than my Divino.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Cheryl R

Re: AN convention
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:01:39 pm »
Karen, I sat kind of  front of you by the table Fri night and do remember thinking how well you have done.     That was a very good session and hope is how they will do a Fri night one every time now.       I did hear of someone who went to a different type one and and was not good at all.             Jackie is wonderful and so good how she is willing to be so friendly and helpful.                 I thought of the goggle talk also and haven't heard it mentioned anymore.               Good you are back on.
                                                           Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care