Author Topic: heading to Texas; prayers & support for my daughter  (Read 7117 times)

moe

Re: heading to Texas; prayers & support for my daughter
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 11:06:57 am »
Keri,
Congratulations on your son's accomplishment with the Air Force and best of luck to him. Also glad to hear that Shannon made it through the hard part of the ceremony. :)

Prayers for peace and  fun with your family on the rest of the weekend.

At least you can be flexible with activities. I think the stress of just knowing you're in a situation where you can't go  hide" is tough. And I know  how those military ceremonies are! Especially in the heat of TX. So at leasts that part is over...

We are Texans/Washingtonians. Lived in Corpus area for 6 years.
Now live near Tacoma WA. BUT when we sold our house in Corpus, (actually we lived in Portland, TX), we bought a little "winter home" which is now being rented out.
We have 2 kids in San Antonio, SO  don't mess with TEXAS!!!!! Plan is to "open up" the TX house when the third child goes to college (3 years). I'm planning now!

I miss the winters, of course but it is soooo pretty here in WA, in the summer.

Take care of yourself when you get back. Pamper/ spoil yourself for one day at least! And Shannon too. She will deserve it.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 12:32:36 pm »
Keri ~

I was so pleased to learn that your family was able to observe and enjoy Scott's graduation ceremony.  My congratulations and respect go out to Scott as he serves his country and to you and your family as you support him in this effort.  Enjoy the family 'reunion' and the great Texas food.  If you're not used to it, the Texas heat is trying - but you'll be out of it soon enough.  Godspeed as you return home.  :)

Jim
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 01:59:37 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Jill Marie

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 07:42:02 pm »
Hi Keri,  Glad to hear that things are going well in Texas.  Congratulations to your son on his first of many accomplishments with the service.  My son just got out of the Army after 7 years so I know how proud you are of your son.  I hope the rest of the trip goes well for all of you!  Jill
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.