Author Topic: Bad veins...  (Read 6366 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Bad veins...
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:14:46 pm »
Nah, no correlation between veins & an's.  I have big fat veins and lab techs always smile happily when they see my arms.  Especially the right one.  It practically pops out of my skin begging to be stuck.  I exaggerate a bit of course.

Sharon ~

I'm sure you do exaggerate just a tiny bit - but I agree with your contention that there is no correlation between having an acoustic neuroma and the size of your veins.  I had a large AN and my veins are definitely hefty.  I've never had a problem when a blood draw is necessary - and I had lots of those prior to my surgery (testing, I guess).  Although this is all anecdotal evidence, I don't see how a small tumor on the lining of a nerve in your skull could have any connection to the size and elasticity of your veins.  Of course, I could be mistaken (but I doubt it). 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cindyj

Re: Bad veins...
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 08:54:47 am »
Well, I'm happy to report that today's visit was successful - blood flowed out and after only one stick!  I did everything you all told me to do - I was taking no chances - what a difference - I was so relieved.  I'll no doubt have a migraine tomorrow (mine are stressed related), but I don't even care :D 

I must say that on the way into the room, I could see the chemo patients recieving their treatments...that certainly put my silly problem to bed.

Thanks to you all!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings