Author Topic: Lahey Clinic MA  (Read 2921 times)

BAD

Lahey Clinic MA
« on: August 21, 2009, 01:05:26 pm »
Wandering thro these pages I see nothing in Boston area mentioned except MGH (I went there first and really disliked neuro service-just not for me.) Then went to Lahey=good people-pleasant and concerned acting , efficient systems etc.  I am comf with them but I have seen nothing from anyone else re this group-Has anyone out there used Lahey?

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Lahey Clinic MA
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 02:04:37 pm »
Hi BAD and welcome.  Many of us from the area... Lahey Burlington is down the street and around the corner from me!

Many treated at MGH (surgical and radiation), this is true. Many of us had radiation at Beth Israel Deaconess (Cyberknife) ... and my docs are actually out of Brigham Womans!

Lahey Burlington has a newer installment of the Trilogy radiation system (I believe MGH also has it... I heard Trilogy is what was used on Sen Ted Kennedy).   I am not familiar with the AN surgical teams there.

Are you noting from a radiation standpoint? Surgical removal standpoint?  As this was your first posting here, can you share some of you AN history so we can help better?

Again, welcome.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Lahey Clinic MA
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 05:07:51 pm »
About 1 1/2 years ago I was talking with someone in person who'd been diagnosed and was seeing doctors at Lahey Burlington (friend of a cousin of a friend type of connection).  I had expressed some questions to her about the lack of experience of the Lahey team (in terms of # of patients seen there vs. MGH, B&W, and Beth Israel) but as far as I know she went ahead with surgery at Lahey.  I never heard back from her so I don't know how things went.

That's my only experience with ANs and Lahey.  But in the end, what matters and what will give you peace of mind is making a decision about treatment that YOU are comfortable with.  No one else is in your shoes and no one else can say what will work best for you in your own personal situation.  That's up to you.

Good luck.  I'd love to hear more about your experience at Lahey - it's good to have as much info as possible.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)