Author Topic: Dr. Heilman at Tufts in Boston  (Read 2970 times)

Helga

Dr. Heilman at Tufts in Boston
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:50:29 pm »
Just wanted to post this for people searching for a doc/hospital in Boston as an alternative to MGH. Although my hearing couldn't be saved, I consider my surgery a great success. My recovery time was minimal, I was discharged from hospital on day 2, never had any complications, no dizziness, balance problems, headaches, and most importantly, no eye or facial issues. My incision has been healing splendidly, although, due to the suboccipital approach Dr. Heilman uses, it is a little longer than some and goes a couple inches down my neck behind my ear area. Pre-op and all other appointments were scheduled very well, no long waiting times. You check in once at Tufts, then, once you have your little blue patient card, that's all you need. The hospital nurses were excellent, very responsive, and super friendly. Dr. Heilman, what can I say? I just love this man!!! I know, everyone's surgery is different, every tumor is different, every outcome is different, I just had a great experience and needed to share that.
Helga

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: Dr. Heilman at Tufts in Boston
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 08:00:32 pm »
I'm so thrilled to hear you had such a great experience!  Congratulations!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Dr. Heilman at Tufts in Boston
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 04:51:06 pm »
Thanks Helga for sharing this! More patient recommendations certainly help others here in their decision-making processes.

Here's hoping you are also able to attend the brunch next month.... :)

Wellness wishes continue to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"