Author Topic: CONGRATULATIONS to Phyl!  (Read 15355 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: CONGRATULATIONS to Phyl!
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 07:49:26 pm »
Well deserved Phyl.  Thank you for all of your hard work.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

JerseyGirl2

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 07:57:07 pm »
Phyl,

Congratulations on this very well-deserved honor. And thank you so much for all that you've done -- and will continue to do -- to help the AN community. You're a true blessing to all of us.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 08:48:39 pm »
thanks again all..... now, let's get back to the topic at hand... which is......  ok, name something.

I tried to move in the direction of a "Name that City for 2013" topic, but face it Phyl, you are more interesting.

Sara

P.S. I'll start the bidding with Memphis. Graceland and Mud Island and all that. Just stay far, FAR away from the Airport Inn, where I had my most miserable hotel experience ever.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 08:58:39 pm »
P.S. I'll start the bidding with Memphis. Graceland and Mud Island and all that. Just stay far, FAR away from the Airport Inn, where I had my most miserable hotel experience ever.

Boston.. gotta be Boston... all AN treatments are done here... great touristy attractions... airport that accepts all locations of flights.... and great chowda' and lobsta'! My vote... Boston! :D  (I know, slightly partial on that but hey, I'm allowed)

Donnalynn.... I thought I heard cheers all the way from there to here. Please give my VERY precious V and J BIG hugglez for me.. and keep some for yourself!  :-*  :-*  :-*

thanks again all... let's have this thread die off now..... its too much for my frail body to handle! ;)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 09:06:29 pm »
But Cincinnati is north, and a couple of people asked for a southerly locale. Boston in 2015? Sounds like a long way away, but really isn't.

Sara

P.S. Phyl, you are a global moderator . . . flex your moderator muscle and lock the thread. Dare ya!

P.P.S. I don't really want you to lock the thread. I just wondered if it is ever actually done. Seems to me that everyone plays nice here.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:09:22 pm by saralynn143 »
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

lori67

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 09:16:22 pm »
Phyl, BACK ON TOPIC, Please!!!!!!     >:(    Ooohhh, felt good to say that to you for a change...he he!

Congratulations - we all think you're awesome for all you do!  Thanks!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 10:42:38 pm »
Phyl, BACK ON TOPIC, Please!!!!!!     >:(    Ooohhh, felt good to say that to you for a change...he he!

Yeah!  Payback finally  ;D  :D

Pooter, Cindy, and Saralynn -

here's the deal with the symposium location as I understand it.  There needs to be a doctor willing to sponsor it.  2009 was in Chicago because of Dr. Richard Wiet.

So, lobby all your docs in the South and see what you can come up with for 2013.  I'm sure the ANA would be more than happy to have a symposium anywhere - they just need the support that goes with holding it in a certain locale.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »
Phyl,

Congratulations on the award -- you deserve it!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 06:31:28 am »
here's the deal with the symposium location as I understand it.  There needs to be a doctor willing to sponsor it.  2009 was in Chicago because of Dr. Richard Wiet.

Correct... per Judy Vittuci, a dr has to sponsor it to be in their city. That is why I am going to push 2 of my docs to help the cause! :D  Spoke to Judy yesterday, noted it to her, she noted others lobbying for west coast and south...... but noted to her (the sales person in me came out) about the advantages of Boston :D  Line forms behind me, folks! :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:44 am »
P.S. Phyl, you are a global moderator . . . flex your moderator muscle and lock the thread. Dare ya!

P.P.S. I don't really want you to lock the thread. I just wondered if it is ever actually done. Seems to me that everyone plays nice here.

I'm coming close... finger is twitching over the "lock thread" button :)

thanks again all..... and Boston for 2013! Sounds like we are working our cities like the candidate host sites for upcoming Olympic Games! :)

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 09:41:23 am »

I'm coming close... finger is twitching over the "lock thread" button :)

Not before I get my 2 cents in!!

You are truly extraordinary and deserve to be recognized for all you do. Can’t wait to see you again in Worcester.

Congratulations!

P.S. I’m behind ya…. Boston all the way…. 2013!!!

Scarlett & Rich
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 09:18:52 pm »
Phyl,

You are just a wonderfully wildly weirdly eccentric character who most simply deserved this award- because the forum-ites love you… You are good at what you do! (Besides I think you love doing it and have a heck of a lot of fun in the process. .. Yes?!?)

Got your message while I was riding sand tricycles at Cannon Beach with my kids…so glad the captain is back at “the grove”.

I hope to get my symposium photos posted soon- my teenager is promising me technical help.

I have great photo of you phoning “the bloke” to tell him the news… with big huge gianourmous glass award in the foreground.

HUGS to you Pearly Whites.

Daisy Head Mazy

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 06:00:24 am »
Phyl,

You are just a wonderfully wildly weirdly eccentric character ........

naw, I'm just me! :D  Can't wait to see the pic... does my nose look big in it? If yes, please Photoshop the pic first to make it look smaller! :D

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Phyl

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 08:54:26 pm »
Phyl,

Did you see my husband's nose in the pictures that I posted a few weeks ago?  Louie is also known as BN (big nose) by his best buddy.  Louie has his uncle's nose and refers to him as Zio Big. 

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 09:14:48 pm »
Pearly Whites, ;D ;D ;D Phyl, Phyl, Phyl,   :-* :-* :-*

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your nose!!!!!… Both nostrils flare just fine and that is what the nose is for. Everyday I have to do the nostril flaring exercises and stretching thing. Some days I can blow both sides of the nose ...and some days I cannot. As long as when I flare my nostrils flames don’t come out. :o

I bet you did not know the “D” in DHM stands for DRAGON-lady. (Just kidding  ;))

Phyl your nose is JUST fine!!!

DHM :)

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!