Author Topic: ~~~Two Year Anniversary ~~~  (Read 5424 times)

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
~~~Two Year Anniversary ~~~
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:38:37 am »
Today is the second anniversary of the eviction of my boarder Bennie ...

doesn't seem like it has been that long but some days seems like it was forever ago that I had surgery ...
been a bumpy road and I have almost come to terms with the fact I will probably always have pot holes
to get past ....

been having a bad couple weeks but with support and being able to vent here I am doing better... I cannot
tell you all how much I need this place ... it has kept me sane in bad times

I am throwing myself a party with my favorite foods and a cake with a big 2 on it and getting myself as present
yet to be determined ... so chicken on the grill , salad with tomatoes from the girls plants , fried green tomatoes
cause I like them even if no one else does , green beans , smashed taters and fresh corn on the cob...
then the cake and Neapolitan ice cream ... then I get to open my present ...wonder what I will get  :D ... I wonder
if anyone will remember what today is besides me  ???

again many thanks for all the supportive people that are here to help us all over the bumps or lend an ear or
shoulder as needed

off to the big city to exchange some clothes that are the wrong size ... and pick up my cake (chocolate as requested  ;))
and my surprise  ;D ...wonder what I'll get

have a good day
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

epodjn

Re: ~~~Two Year Anniversary ~~~
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:53:36 am »
I'm not sure that anyone keeps track of those milestone anniversaries like we do. I don't think anyone keeps track of the progress either, except my friends here who understand how much it means. Happy 2, and have some cake for me. Let us know what the surprise gift turns out to be.
Julie
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:01:46 am »
Oooooooooooooh, this definitely sounds like a good way to celebrate ...... can hardly wait for my second anniversary!!   :D

Have fun and I can hardly wait to hear what fantastic present you bought for yourself!  You deserve it!!!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:17:26 am »
Congratulations Soundy.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:28:13 pm »
I gave myself a party at 10 years with friends (I thought that I deserved it!) - we all got together & had lunch...i planned it for a Monday - little did I know that they planned one for the previous Friday because they wanted me to know that THEY thought it was a big deal too and should recognize it.  I have got such great friends!!

Enjoy your day - I am VERY excited to hear how everything goes and what you get!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:54:19 pm »
off to the big city to exchange some clothes that are the wrong size ... and pick up my cake (chocolate as requested  ;))
and my surprise  ;D ...wonder what I'll get

wonder who made THAT request?  ;)

Soundy, MAJOR congrats on your 2 yr eviction of the brain booger!  W00t!!!!!  Go enjoy, celebrate... you've come a LONG way, bebe and I know its been a rough road, but it is certainly smoothing out and time to celebrate!  Ya done good! :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 04:00:34 pm »
Soundy ~

Congratulations on your 2-year anniversary!  I'm well aware of my surgery anniversaries but I've let them slip by with no fanfare.  However, I like your idea of actually celebrating - with cake and ice cream!  I may have to re-think my casual approach to my AN surgery anniversary next year.  Meanwhile, I hope you really enjoy yours.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 11:58:17 pm »
Well survived the day ...me and the girls just goofed off and after awhile I for got the tons of work
waiting for me at home ... before we left I made up my mind on my gift ...should have thought to pick
up a new USB cable ...and I am also going to need to find that tattoo thread we have laying around
here somewhere  :D

when we got home Bo was here ...I cooked and  we ate and then the girls brought out the cake ...
Bo is like what is going on and I tell him it is my Birthday and he argues ... I just told him I am old enough
to change it if I wanted to and did ... it had a big 2 candle and he still didn't get it ... so we go on with
proceedings ...

the girls sing happy unbirthday to me ... I blow out the candle and then demand presents ... Bo was handed
a gift to give me since he forgot it was my birthday and forgot a gift  ;D ... he gave me a TY Buddy that is a
koala bear named Outback ... very nice of him and I predict Sarah ends up with it ...

then Hannah gives me a big bolster pillow to add to my collection of assorted shapes and sizes of pillows ... this
one has a micro fiber cover and is about a foot around at ends and about 4 feet long ...

then Sarah gives me her gift ...it is a dress with spaghetti straps ... I go oh how nice and say I am going to go try
it on ... I dash back to bedroom and put it on ... I come back to table and ask Bo how it looks ...he says it looks good ...
I tell him to watch how it flares when I spin (spinning was not a good idea...should have just turned) ... so I spin and
stop face to face with him wobbling a little and he is really red , almost purple but smiling and said you got the tattoo ...
I think he is recovered but we surprised him for sure ... he didn't think I would ...I have tried to get him to go with
me and he wouldn't and even though he said he didn't care if I did I wasn't sure how he felt

I got the picture that my then not quite 5 year old , now almost ten year old , drew that is my avatar picture... it is
about and inch and a half wide by 2 inches tall ...on my right arm just down from shoulder ... I had shrank it form
the copy paper size down to what I wanted and took it along with the full size drawing with us ... the guy looked
at it and said there had to be a story and so we told him ... he said it looked kind of dark when he first saw it but
understood for me it wasn't ... that a 5 year old drew that and told me it was me with a headache and did the
drawing 4 months before the tumor was found still amazes me ... she didn't know I had  the tumor until about
2 weeks before eviction

Now let me tell you about my tattoo guy ... he was young enough to be one of my sons (around 25-30)... he
had the greatest accent ... he was born in in Yorkshire ... home of the James Harriot of All Creatures Great and Small
fame who as a 3rd grader I wanted to marry  ... and he was cute to boot ... and my girls noticed  >:( ...Sarah oohed
and ahhed over him all day after we left ..they don't need to grow up so fast ... after reveal to Bo she informed him
that the tattoo artist was young and really cute ... and mom even said so ... his name is Matt

he was so nice ... showed me all the equipment and what things did what ... he showed me the factory seal single
use needles and said without them he would be out of business due to infections ... he made several transfers and
played with placement ... and then asked a million times if I was sure ... he was so sweet ... he told me he would
take his time and be gentle with me since it was my first time and I almost started laughing ... it just sounded funny
when he said it ... the tattooing didn't hurt much at all ... not nearly as bad as the fire ant that bit me a day or two ago ....

before we got there the girls were asking what if the people were creepy dirty, didn't have teeth and the bosses
name was Bubba...my kids are crazy ...they couldn't believe how clean and tidy the place was and that even with alot of
tattoos Matt was a clean cut guy ... neat trimmed hair , nice casual clothes , clean hands and appeared to have
all his teeth ... don't know where they are getting their ideas of what a tattoo artist looks like but going to have
to check in on it

it is almost 1 in the morning ... and this tattooed lady needs to go to sleep but have a bit of a rush going on ... something
funny happened ... since deciding a while back this drawing was going on my body somewhere at some point in time
told oldest daughter to design me something and it would go on too ...she hasn't got it down yet... but about 10 minutes
after he was done I was thinking I was ready for another  :o ...  if Hannah had her design ready I would have went back
and got it too

Good Night ... this party girl has gotta catch some ZZZZZZZZZZZZ s

PS... this was not an impulse ... been thinking about it for occasionally for 5 years and seriously for last few months ...
happy with my choice

Translab July 2 ,2007

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 06:45:11 am »
Wow Soundy, what a day. I'm happy that you were able to celebrate life in such a joyful way.

Now enjoy the holiday weekend.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 06:51:52 am »
Soundy, congratulation on getting inked! - and I really like your choice. 

Looking forward to pictures!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 07:21:48 am »
what a way to cap an ANniversary!  Hope you got to sleep in, that the cake calories don't get to you, enjoy the gifts and can't wait to see the pics! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 08:15:44 am »
Great day, Soundy!  So did your hubby "get it" about the whole day and did you go with your letter?

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

cin605

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2009, 02:51:38 pm »
Congrats your two year n also on your new tatt!
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 04:22:13 pm »
Soundy ~

Congratulations on your pleasant AN anniversary - and your tattoo.  As usual, you gave a very clear, informative account of the day - and we appreciated it.  I suspect that your kids got their ideas of 'tattoo parlors' from TV, movies or, just as likely, other kids, who often have wild imaginations.  I think tattoo places once were pretty seedy - but that was decades ago.  I'm sure the tattoo looks great and it seems to have been liberating for you.  Enjoy!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Soundy

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2009, 04:45:06 pm »
I didn't sleep in because Bo is haying and I had to do morning stuff he usually does ... well I did it about an hour
later than he does but the chickens and donkey don't know how to tell time so there is no one to tell on me
for being late ...

He didn't get it until I went and put th dress on and spun so he could see it ...kinda shocked him ... he rolled over
and looked at it this morning when he first woke up ... I think he was checking to see if it was real or if he dreamed
it ...we had the reveal to him all choreographed ... the presents with the dress last ... and other than the stuffed
koala  the pillow and dress were planned ... and on the way home we came up with the plan of me trying on the
dress and the spin (not thought a well thought out bit of the plan ) so he would just see it ... my girls are great ...
it almost killed them not to tell before the big reveal ... he said he had forgotten and asked was it really two years
ago ...

I also got a call from my sister from Knoxville and she said she was coming this way this evening with her fiancé and
then a call from my mom a little later that said she had talked to my sister and we were having a 4th of July cookout
at my house around 2 tomorrow ... I like the warning they give me  >:(... so me and girls went and got some stuff to
toss on the grill and mom is suppose to be getting chips and cold salads ... I have corn on cob , green salad makings
and drinks ... sister is in charge of desserts .... and then I get to shock my mom ,sister , BIL to be , my brother and
my sons all in one felled swoop ...  ;D

now back to cleaning house ...something I neglected through last weeks day camp and this weeks recovery and
bump in road ... I think the tattoo put a period at the end of a sentence called chapter 2 of my post AN life ... it
almost instantly mentally gave me a lift and said to self OK this part is done ...next chapter... and I marked something
off my list of things to do before I die  :D... know there will be bumps but can deal with them and I can plan on next
years unbirthday event ...
Translab July 2 ,2007