Author Topic: Digital BAHA  (Read 1765 times)

Dave_S121

Digital BAHA
« on: March 06, 2006, 06:07:49 pm »
Hello everyone.  I wanted to post me experience with the digital BAHA.  I have had the Divino for a little over a month and I love it.  I was fitted with the regular BAHA in March 2005.  My initial impression was it wasn't as drymatic of a difference as I had hoped.  The Divino on the other hand is everything I had originally hoped for.  The difference has been very noticable especially in crowded area.  I still have problems, but I have noticed and friends have commented that I can follow conversations better.  Nothing will ever replace natural hearing, but the Divino has made a positive impact.  I anyone is thinking about upgrading to the Divino BAHA I would recommend it. 
68 years old
2.2cm AN Right side
Removed 10/20/2004 Translab
Dr. Wiet and Dr. Kazan
Hinsdale Hospital, Hinsdale, IL.

wanderer

Re: Digital BAHA
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:04:51 pm »
I will get the divinio  in 2.5 months.    right now I just have the pin in my head,  but if I scratch over it, or tap it with my fingernail  I can hear it.   So i'm thinking this should work pretty well.

Pembo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 07:03:25 pm »
wanderer I was so excited to "hear" when I tap that implant! The device is fun!
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 08:22:51 pm »

yea.. its kinda neat to tap on the implant .. and hear it ... the brain actually gets better with time on hearing
from vibrations !

however note ... keep good care of your teeth ... I had a filling replaced recently ...  the drill was LOUD !!
my good ear picked picked up all the drill vibrations on my jaw as sound !! :o I was shocked how LOUD it was !!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital