Author Topic: What's normal post treatment  (Read 2434 times)

akaplan

What's normal post treatment
« on: March 06, 2006, 04:01:26 pm »
My wife had surgery in early December. The surgery was a success with no facial problems, or post operative issues. She lost complete hearing in her left ear. From my point of view she has done really well as she has been able to drive, work around the house, travel, etc. Lately though she has been complaining of more dizziness and her fatigue level has increased. Is this normal 3 1/2 months after the operation? How long did it take for people's energy level to return to normal and for the dizziness to really subside. Any suggestions or thoughts?

Battyp

Re: What's normal post treatment
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 04:36:02 pm »
I'm 6 mos post op and still waiting for the energy level to increase.  It does seem like it's gotten worse instead of better. Which could be due to expecting more of myself.  Has your wife done any physical therapy?  Is she pushing herself more?  Is she going through any depression?  I just started an intense 4 week pt treatment to hopefully help increase my stamina.   :-\

sunshine16

Re: What's normal post treatment
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 04:46:54 pm »
Hi Akaplan,

I had my surgery Nov. 15 of last year. I had  4.5 cm. tumor on my left side.  So it's been about 3 1/2 months also post op.  

Your wife is lucky that she didn't have no facial problems.  

Yes, it's pretty normal for me to still get dizzy esp.  if I just sit around on the couch.  I feel better when I lay down.  I'm pretty strong physically right now but on the end of the day I get dizzy and the ringing in my ear (AN side) gets louder.  

I can advice her to go for a walk if tolerable, get fresh air...   It helps me go through a better day, when I get up, have breakfast, take a shower, then go for a walk outside for a little bit. It seems to help me a lot when I go walk in the morning...  Try not to sit down for a long time?  Exercise, exercise.....  And eat more healthy foods..  In my case even I'm not hungry I still eat.  I'm still skinny though just 105 lbs.  the last time I checked it :)  So, I guess that's about it.  Think more positive, exercise, tried to get fresh air every day, eat, eat, eat...... One of my doctor have adviced me to eat lots of protein source food and most esp. Spinach........  

Hope this helps...... ÂÂ