Author Topic: My Beach Vacation  (Read 15906 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: My Beach Vacation
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »
Alicia ~

Thanks for your informative and basically positive update.  Has it been 3 weeks, already?  Ah, how time flies when you're having fun....or even if you're not, I guess.  ;)

I trust that whatever problems you have now will resolve soon and that your recovery will be both rapid and complete.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2009, 03:39:14 pm »
Great to hear, Alicia! I too was surprised at how much the IV's hurt during this process. It was something I would have never thought of. But, that parts all over now.

Anyway, we're so glad to hear you are doing well and upbeat and active and all that!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

GARZAP

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2009, 05:30:23 pm »
Hi Alicia,

I have been worried about you and wondering how you ended up.  My computer has been acting up and I haven't been online much.  I am so happy to see that everything turned out okay.  I was also happy that you met up with Laine, Dave and Nancy, they were awesome!!! As for me I am at 8 weeks post op, and still having some headaches, but I really think it's my own fault, I am a work alcholic and I want to get things done around home before I have to go back to work!!   And, I hope you were happy with Friedman and his crew.  Your tumor was huge!!  Probably one of the larger ones they have done!!   Take care, and take it easy...really.       
Peggy
Less than 2 cm L AN discovered 02/09 on MRI due to noticed hearing loss.  No other symptoms.  Surgery 4/14/09 Drs. Friedman, Swartz, and Stefan of House Ear Clinic, LA,CA....my heros.  Retro surgery, no loss of hearing or facial nerve or any complications so far (ten days post op)

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2009, 03:31:21 pm »
Before I forget, one final comment for Newbies on the "beach vacation" with side trip for brain surgery...

I left Seton early and spent my last 2 days in CA in Manhattan Beach.  I did walk the beach while I was there!  The sand on my feet and sound of the ocean almost made me forget the previous 10 days  ;D
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm

sgerrard

« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2009, 11:15:36 pm »
Hi Alicia,

It is hard to believe you are now a month out from surgery. I hope you find yourself feeling "pretty good" every day, and better and better as the weeks go by. I hope you succeed in returning to that active lifestyle, too. All the best.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Lilan

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2009, 06:36:58 pm »
Alicia, you sound great. So glad.

Garzap! So glad to hear from you too. I hope your headaches resolved. I was so happy to see your name in the Seton Guestbook, it was like seeing a celebrity was here (who I knew)!  :D
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:00 am »
Well...time sure does fly by!  I am almost to my 1 year diagnosis and 10 months post op.  I am doing great.  Still have mild ringing in the deaf ear and some weird noises occasionally when I lay down, but all in all, I am completely recovered!

I have just returned from 2 ski trips - Colorado and Utah!  It was great.  I was very hesitant and prepared everyone I was with that I may fall when I get off the lift - Get out of my way!!

I skied better this year than I ever have in my entire life!  No exaggeration!

I just want the newbies to realize things can be OK after all is said and done.  You can endure!  Alicia
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2010, 03:20:50 pm »
Alicia ~

Fabulous news!  Thanks for sharing your splendid recovery story with us.  You've likely encouraged more people than you realize. 

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.