Author Topic: 8 months post surgery!  (Read 1804 times)

balluff

8 months post surgery!
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:57:03 am »
Well Folks,
 It's now 8 months post surgery for my Hubby Tom(39)who had a 4mm AN removed. His hearing is good somedays bad others,  he gets headaches but nothing a good nap usually can't fix.
He hit a major mile stone this weekend!!!  Just last weekend he climbed back into his race car and hit the race track for a practice session and said he felt pretty good, no dizziness, the only thing that really bothered him was his helmet near his sore side of his head. If going around 1/4 at 50+mph doesn't get him dizzy I don't know what would ;D
I want to thank the team at the U of M, they did a great job for us.

Andrea B.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 8 months post surgery!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:37:43 pm »
Hey Andrea! Great news for Tom (and you) and quite the daredevil, isn't he? WOW!  Amazing!  Please send my wishes for continued wellness to him.. and if YOU are interested, we have a "Caregivers" forum here.. and as the spouse of an AN patient, I bet you have a lot to share there with others in your shoes. Please consider sharing your insights with others over there. I'm sure many would appreciate it.

Congrats to Tom!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:45:30 pm »
Hi, Andrea ~

Thanks for posting the great news about your husband.  What a recovery!  Assuming there are no obvious post-op complications, I believe that pushing yourself to accomplish what you really want to do is not only empowering but highly beneficial, physically, as the post-op AN patient forces himself (or herself) to surmount whatever obstacles may be in the way of what they want to achieve.  Just a theory - but I've seen it proven many times.  Your husband's recent practice race is now another proof.  May Tom have many successful races in his future.  (vroom, vroom!:)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 08:19:07 pm »
Truly amazing and wonderful news.

Thanks for sharing....

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 08:57:01 pm »
Congratulations to Tom on this very big milestone  ;D

And thanks to you, Andrea, for updating us.

It's good to know Tom's doing so well.

As we always say - there is life after ANs - and it's good!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways