Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775046 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2745 on: July 20, 2008, 11:29:15 pm »
It's good to be back breathing at about 90%.

As for the rum - share - you gotta be kiddin'!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Laz

Hey, Phyl, Laz's isn't playing nice.  He's refusing to share his rum  :(

Don't moderators have the authority to do something about this  ???  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2746 on: July 21, 2008, 06:46:37 am »
Laz,
  Oh, right.  It was all in me head.  That will teach me to stay out of the mescal.
Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2747 on: July 21, 2008, 05:23:06 pm »
mmm Mescal! - never heard of this down under so I looked it up as "Hispanic a colorless Mexican liquor distilled from the fermented sap of some species of agave plant" Sounds rather exotic - whats it taste like?

Must get some janis Joplin juice on board (Southern Comfort) and some VB (Victoria Bitter) - thats beer for the uninitiated. Oh, and can't forget those Tim Tams.

Now, as the crew disembark the good ship PBW, or should i say stumble over the side coz the only way the crew would leave was after a barrel or three.

the crew led by the wing flapper approaches the island shore, this strange chanting becomes clearer and clearer. the Crew, now well alert by this chant seem amazed by the words especially as this Island is in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

The girly is tied to a long tree standing on lotsa branches piled up in front of her. "This doesn't look good for the girly" squarks the Captain. "Right, you mangy flea ridden crew, it's Plan B".

Stay tuned when we learn what the chant was. What is plan B? is Plan B better than plan A or is there a Plan C/ - reminds me of the Monty Python skit in the Holy Grail where they encounter the rabbitt and they will attack on the count of three, you know just before 4 and just after 2. They then started counting and charged on 2 if my memory serves me well. Anyway, i digress, Stay tuned.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2748 on: July 21, 2008, 10:21:31 pm »
  Wooo Hoooo, it's Friday!   I just came on deck when I noticed the ship picking up speed.  All the sails are out, and the PBW is flying straight and true.  But there is no one at the helm!  Hmm, is the PBW haunted?  Maybe the lung jumby put a curse the ship to take us out of the Caribean to colder waters.  Where is the PBW headed?
Regards,
  Rob

'Scuse me.  I may have 'ad too many o' dem beans at lunch.  ;)

Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2749 on: July 22, 2008, 06:02:07 pm »
Doggonit, Pooter - haven't we talked to you about this bean thing before???

Debbi, sporting my pirate smile!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2750 on: July 22, 2008, 07:16:26 pm »
You know, I WAS kind of wondering what that funny smell was  ???
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2751 on: July 23, 2008, 08:24:31 am »
Do  we need to have to have a chili cook-off to get up some speed on this vessell?

Yes, It is I--Yer fearless Captain returned from R and R at the Crystal Coast. The Kiteboardin and the Windsurfin and the Shaggin(dancin', you fools!) were GREAT.  Bought a new bikini and a new Boogie board.

Looks like some of the crew found the key to the liquour locker that I hid! Naughty naughty!  The spankings will take place on the quarterdeck at sunset, right after happy hour!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2752 on: July 23, 2008, 09:08:46 am »
Welcome back o fearless Captain!  Let get those pictures posted of the new bikini.  ::) ( thought I'd ask before Laz does)  Chili cookoff indeed...............................lots of kidney beans to boot!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2753 on: July 23, 2008, 01:13:50 pm »
Capt Deb -

good to see you back; we missed you!

Your R&R sounds like it was very relaxing  ;D

I take it the nerve block is still working well.

Jan

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2754 on: July 23, 2008, 09:13:09 pm »
A sceam, as loud as it can be, AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH was heard and it was the girly. "What is that' she yelled.

With the Captain's plan B in action where the motley crew are all dressed up like the natives (with only a loin cloth), the crew surprise the natives and begin tickling them to death with the feather dusters. The natives are rolling around on the ground sneezing and laughing and trying to breathe whilst the crew untie the girly. Captain parrot asks the girly if she is ok and the response - well, here it is anyway. "I'm fine but you guys in a loin cloth really startled me"!! ;D ;D ;D

The crew hurridly run back to the good ship PBW and as patti yodeleyhoohoo is about to bellow her voice, she spots someone on top of the mountain range. Who is this mysterious person? Stay tuned when we find out who that person is standing on top of the mountain range. Will the crew maintain their new dress code (scary)? Will the girly be scarred for life after seeing all those loin cloths?

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2755 on: July 24, 2008, 08:34:30 pm »
Welcome back from yer R&R capt!  Let's pilliage and plunder and drink rum and stuff!  Heck, let's have rum first!  Should we have that chilli cookoff first and get outta 'ere?

Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2756 on: August 05, 2008, 04:36:34 pm »
Well the crew of the good ship PBW decided that they have had enough torment, kidnap and adventure and decided to ignore that strange person on the mountain top and head off to the sunny bahamas for some well earned R&R where no sea monsters exist. The captain points in the direction and squarks "thata way" as all good Captains do.

The good ship PBW arrives at the Bahamas and it's girly drinks, rum, beer, champagne, the works, it's all bubbling and overflowing. The weather is a fine sunny and warm day, the crew after cleaning out the alcohol stocks are enjoying their skinny dip in the crystal clear blue waters.

And so the current adventures of the good ship Princess Batty Wench resides for the time being. The crew are all satisfied with life at the moment, plenty of alcohol, plenty of skin (perhaps a little too much!) ;D, good weather, no stress and pleanty of R&R.

This is the place to be (and a tax haven from all that booty we have in store).

To the crew, enjoy the moment.

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

TOM101

« Reply #2757 on: August 05, 2008, 07:51:49 pm »
I made a post about possible ways of shrinking our AN's and got no replys and few looks. Is this a serious forum or a chat session?

Kaybo

« Reply #2758 on: August 05, 2008, 08:28:51 pm »
Hi Tom~
I'm not sure about this question...this forum can be very serious and we try to address questions and welcome new people here.  However, this is the "Community" section so pretty much anything goes here - we see ourselves as a very close-knit community who share the good times and the bad and a LOT of laughs in between.  I've been out of pocket most of the summer and am not very good at searching, but I have not seen your post - I am so sorry.  Please give us another chance...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

sgerrard

« Reply #2759 on: August 05, 2008, 08:53:15 pm »
I made a post about possible ways of shrinking our AN's and got no replys and few looks. Is this a serious forum or a chat session?

Both.

I haven't heard of any effective AN tumor shrinkers in the last year, either here or elsewhere, so I don't think there will be much for any one to post about.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.