Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 770601 times)

thecakes

Good Morning!
« on: February 27, 2006, 06:25:18 am »
       All of you {health} head people have a great day.  I will vacume the living room, do my cross word puzzle-good for the brain.  Go to my sons game and the library.

matti

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 03:28:16 pm »
Good afternoon Cakes! Wow seems like we have some of the same things on our "to do" list. I finished my vacumming a while ago, and I also do crossword puzzles. I really started to get into them after my AN surgery, hoping that it helps with the memory problem. I think it does! I usually devote a half hour or so a night, make sure I get it done before my reality tv comes on. My boys are grown now and I really miss those days of going to all their games. It was so much fun.

have a great day!
matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:41:32 am »
Hi cakes and Matti,

Well, slaving away here at work... my bosses won't stay out of my office, my Israeli customers are driving me crazy, weekly staff meeting at 1:30pm and on the phone with Beth Israel re: my CK appt and with BC/BS to determine my coverage for treatment.

I think I need more coffee! :)

Happy Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras to you all! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:35:22 pm »
Happy Mardi Gras to you too!

Sorry your day is a stressful one, hope it all turns out ok. Just keep thinking about the great vacation you, your boyfriend and his family will be taking soon.

Have a great day!

matti
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 05:59:35 pm »
thanks matti... wasnt' too stressful overall, but having one of my headaches tonight (extra credit points for the accentuated facial numbness today!)  Oh, boy, am I the lucky one! :)

...and you are soooooooo right!  Bf and I have been emailing today how I can't be rude to the French when I get there... he takes all the fun out of travels, ya know? ;)

Hoping you all had a good day and are feeling great!

Phyl

Happy Mardi Gras to you too!

Sorry your day is a stressful one, hope it all turns out ok. Just keep thinking about the great vacation you, your boyfriend and his family will be taking soon.

Have a great day!

matti
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kilroy1976

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 08:09:14 pm »
Bf and I have been emailing today how I can't be rude to the French when I get there... he takes all the fun out of travels, ya know? ;)

I say, be as rude to them as they are to you, no more, no less. Let the locals dictate the appropriate level of rudeness. When in Paris, do as the Parisians do. ;)

Fiancee and I are leaving on a cruise Saturday. Won't that be fun, heaving boat coupled with my unique sense of balance? I figure I'll just let people assume that I'm always drunk, and that's why I constantly fall down. It might be true anyway. I'll let you know how the French people in St. Maarten act if you'd like. :P
1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

matti

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 09:01:57 pm »
I went on a cruise shortly after my AN surgery. Had a blast, hadn't had any drinks, but it sure felt like I did. Good news is I saved on the bar tab.

Happy cruising Kilroy!

Phyl - don't ya just hate travel restrictions????

Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 09:28:33 pm »
Kilroy, JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS! Been on 5 cruises and now need to live vicariously through you! And if you've never been... PLENTY of hand rails for the drunken fools on board, so if your balance decides not to cooperate.. heck, you'll blend right in!  Oh, I am SOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! details, details!

matti, I think we need to form an AN Cruise... calm waters of course, but still.... I think ALL of us (pre- and post-treatments) need some smiles after all we are going through... you want to be Capt'n Stuebing?  can I be Julie, the Cruise Director? Who can we get to be Issac and Gopher? My concern is WHO will be Doc!!!  Now, that will be a challenge!

cakes, you want in on this? In light of everything ALL of us have been or are going through *rubs face to "feel" it* -- time for a giggle. :)

Phyl

Battyp

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 10:15:54 pm »
We'll just pick the one who seems to most knowledgeable at the time and make them be doc..heck we can eve give them a stethescope  8)

wonder if they can strap you to the boat like they do when you rock climb?  Then there'd be  no falling overboard  :D

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 06:06:12 am »
princess... OMG, a cruise ship named after you!  There's been the Pacific Princess... and in light of what all of us are going through... should we name this floating vessel the BattyPrincess? Can we use it??? :)

Kilroy1976

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 07:35:36 am »
Not sure if they'd want us all on the boat. I think they're a little hesitant to even let pregnant women or people with the sniffles onboard, so what do you suppose their reaction would be to a brain tumor cruise? Oh, and good luck trying to find a doctor for the boat; how many of us had a problem doing that even on land?

We were looking to cruise in December, when my first MRI comes back. Figured we'd either have a reason to celebrate or a reason to get away. But the deal on this one was too good to pass up, and after the past few months we definitely need some smiles.

1.8cm AN
Linac
December 13, 2005
Shands Hospital--University of Florida

Battyp

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 07:59:27 am »
If we use battyprincess do I get to break the champange bottle for the ship christening?  lol  Kilroy we're not going to "find" a doctor we're going to dictate someone from the forum to "play" doctor  lol  That would be more fun I think most of us are sick or real doctors anyway   ;D  I know I am!  So now all we need to do is pick our exotic locations to drop anchor! ;)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 10:48:48 am »
well, Kilroy, I'm still JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, we need a "Doc"... and a port o' call to drop anchor... so... hmmmmmmmm....

Doc - too many to choose from....
Port o' call:  Grand Caymen anyone? :D

As long as we have money there.. then they won't care if we walk warbly or not! :D

matti

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 12:14:32 pm »
Phyl - OK! I will be capt. stubeing, but here is the problem, since AN surgery I can't drive at night, so I guess we will have to dock during the pm hours and cruise am. May take us a little longer.

My idea for us dizzy/balanced impaired would be to have velcro stations set up throughout the ship and of couse we would have to wear a fashionable velcro vest. OOOH I will bedazzle mine with anchors (do they still make the bedazzler????)

As for doc... I agree with BattyPrincess, I am sick of real doctors, let's get an actor. Acutally with all the research and experience we have with AN's, who needs a doctor!

By the way, now I have the theme to the love boat stuck in my head. THANKS!

Set a course for adventure...

matti

Life is great at 50

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 01:07:24 pm »
Okay you all...I am reading this and having a Beavis and Butthead moment..."hehehehe...she said, play doctor"... :D
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.