Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775042 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2385 on: April 16, 2008, 07:55:29 pm »
You don't know what you're missing....................Sawyer is a dam good looking bloke!!! 

I'm partial to dark European men, but Sawyer is blond and yummie, yum, yum....I don't need any rum!!!
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2386 on: April 16, 2008, 07:57:23 pm »
well, I got me a very pale lookiing UK bloke (as most are....)......will have to check out Sawyer sometime....

Signed,
Your cursed cruise director... far too overworked and far underpaid....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2387 on: April 17, 2008, 12:44:09 pm »
Phyl, on Lost, if you think of it as your senior year of high school....

Matthew Fox who plays Jack (and by the way, there must be 147 characters on TV and in the movies named JACK!) is the most popular kid in school, the class president or maybe the star quarterback.  He's boyishly handsome, and with the exception of needing braces to fix a few crooked teeth, he's pretty darn cute.

Evangeline Lilly, who plays Kate, is the cheerleader,  (but with a mysterious past, of course) who is pretty and, even though moody at times and fickle with her love, she is just too darn perky. 

Josh Holloway is Sawyer,  the bad boy.  The skater dude.  He smokes in the boys room.  He's a blonde Danny from Grease, only greasier.  He has twinkly blue eyes and a devilish grin that was just made to make girls swoon.  He is confident in his effect on the girls and uses it to full advantage. He has the tender soft side that doesn't show much and you know you are just the girl to tap into that side of him but more often he's the huckster and con man and will break your heart in a New York minute.  Awwwww, who couldn't resist that?  ;)

You could probably come up with a nice Wizard of Oz comparison to Lost also.  Maybe  Sawyer is the Tin Man, looking for his heart. 

The weekend is coming soon, hope everyone has a good one.  Here in the Great Pacific Northwest, winter is having a hard time deciding to leave.  Snow will once again fall at the 1000 foot and higher range and it might get close to freezing here in Portland/Vancouver one night.  My hubby will have to put back some of the plants into his greenhouse so they don't get unhappy out in the cold night.  Last Saturday was unseasonably warm and it was great.  Lots of  people were out washing vehicles, mowing lawns, trimming, digging, planting (Ooops and here comes some cold weather!) and embracing the sun.  Didn't last long.  :(

Sue in Vancouver (although today is pretty nice. I can still hear birds singing through the window...)

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2388 on: April 17, 2008, 02:47:16 pm »
Sue,
You did an awesome job of describing the characters on "Lost"!  The poem was just what the ship needed!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2389 on: April 17, 2008, 03:17:10 pm »
Boy Sue, you should do the LOST recaps!!!! 
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2390 on: April 17, 2008, 04:52:58 pm »
Thanks Guys!!! ;D

If I had it to do all over again, I'd figure out some way to have some sort of career in the entertainment industry.  Maybe.  I wish I'd taken photography classes too.  And, even though I made it (barely) to the school newspaper, I wish I'd been more into the creative writing and maybe the school yearbook.  I wish I'd gotten whatever degree it is you get to be one of Oprah's producers on her show.  Wow...now that would be a dream job.  But, see....I just wanted to be wife and mom at the time.  Didn't know about television production when I was in school.  Didn't think about the possibilities.  Didn't want to be a nurse, didn't want to be a teacher. Didn't want to be a secretary.  Guess I'll be a wife and mother. 

PS on Lost....And Phyl, guess who the cheerleader Kate finally decided to "snuggle" with?  The Quarterback or the Greaser?   Hmmmmmm?  Yep, Bad Boys win sometimes.   ;D

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2391 on: April 17, 2008, 05:02:40 pm »
geesh! sounds like I need to catch up on "Lost"... boy, do I feel left out!  :-[
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2392 on: April 17, 2008, 07:29:45 pm »
Phyl, I do not know how you catch up on "Lost".  You would probably have to buy the series and start at the beginning.  It's the most convoluted, crazy plot line. 
You would, literally be lost, for sure.  But I gotta give the show credit for trying to be different.

Sue, lost in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #2393 on: April 17, 2008, 08:17:51 pm »
Tonight's episode just finished!

Phyl,
They do rent the Lost season's at Blockbusters etc...In a way, it is nice because there are no commercials.

That being said, I agree, that starting at the beginning would probably be best to understand the plot.  I understand the season finale will be May 29 and be two hours. They are making an extra episode..inspite of the delay related to the strike.

Kate
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:20:49 pm by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2394 on: April 17, 2008, 08:39:39 pm »
Okay, am I going to be the only one who doesn't watch Lost  ???

Sounds like you guys have converted Phyl  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #2395 on: April 17, 2008, 09:21:36 pm »
Jan~
I don't watch either -- I don't have time.  I wanted to start watxching 24 and loaded some episodes on my ipod.  I really like it, but just don't have time...guess I'll watch some tomorrow!!  Dave & I also started watching Numb3rs when in Baltimore (I went to Blockbuster & found something that was 1st season for us to take) -- we REALLY like it, but haven't watched it since we have been home!  :o(

I'll be Lost-less w/ you!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2396 on: April 18, 2008, 12:19:14 am »
Well, I watch too much TV and always have.  I've tried to pick and choose lately.  I tend to like the shows that are a bit different, like Lost.  I watched New Amsterdam and liked it.  I got my husband hooked on 24 and he loves Prison Break.  We like House.  I loved Eli Stone.  Some of these have a bit of "fantasy, Sci-Fi, mystical, off beat" quality that I enjoy, I guess  LIke Heroes.  And Chuck.  I thought Chuck was hilarious.  I know..I know.  I"m embarrassed sometimes that I'm a big television fan, but there are worse things I guess.  But I do read also and I do my genealogy and I take care of my family...so I'm not a total write-off! HA

So, if they ever decide that TV causes acoustic neuroma, then that will explain ALOT. 

Okay, enough of THAT.  I'll return you now to your regular programming.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2397 on: April 18, 2008, 05:28:23 am »
....  Some of these have a bit of "fantasy, Sci-Fi, mystical, off beat" quality that I enjoy....

Did someone way SciFi "Ghost Hunters"? OMG, we are HOOKED around here, so much so, the bloke purchased all 4 seasons on DVD and now I'm caught up.... the episode in Salem, MA is dear to me... the restaurant they investigated is actually owned by my dear friend's father and I spend much time there.... original building where Alexander G. Bell did his famous first long distance phone call and original homestead to one of the first accused "witches" of Salem.  I think there are some other "hidden" fans here as well.... I know of one, in particular, on the "worst" coast who's son is as hooked as we are! ;)  You know who you are........   :-*

Lost... you all want me to get "Lost"..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... how should I take that? ;)  Lordy have mercy on me... how am I going to watch it and get caught up on it if I'm always here, harrassing you all?  I can multi task with the best of them, but geesh!......

Phyl

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2398 on: April 18, 2008, 02:30:49 pm »
One of my step-mom's direct ancestors was Susanna North Martin, who was one of the "witches" tried and executed in Salem.  My step-mom loved the TV show Bewitched, and I used to tease her about being my "mean wicked step-mother".  She isn't of course.  Then, I find out about her ancestor, and I said, "SEE!  I told you so!"  Her family tree is very cool.  Very early New England families.  Not the Mayflower, but the boat after that!  :)

Sue in Vancouvr
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #2399 on: April 19, 2008, 09:50:29 am »
So here is the island where all you wenches and pirates hide out! We French have an affection for piracy AND cruiseship love. My...what a long thread!

I waited and waited for them to explain the polar bear siting on LOST, and having never been offered an explanation for that and other things, I lost interest.

Hey, I read that some people tried as witches were those that had survived the Black Death. This brought suspician apparently. Ancestors from those people are also immune to AIDS.

3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!