Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775220 times)

lori67

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2130 on: December 11, 2007, 10:35:02 am »
Deb - how 'bout "Pin the Eye Patch on the Pirate"?  (or the AN patient...).  That sounds like a fun game.

Guess you can't very well keel-haul them.  Some parents might get mad...

Ow - my eye!!   ;)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2131 on: December 11, 2007, 01:40:44 pm »

I found this'n on line. Bein' an artist and all, I think I'll just copy it on a big sheet of paper and use some double sided sticky tape so's we don't ruin Ma's wall! Thanks fer the idea!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

lori67

« Reply #2132 on: December 11, 2007, 03:08:08 pm »
Aw, and I was hoping to make my first milliion off of that idea.  Guess someone beat me to it.

I'm  sure your version will have a whole lot more character than that one!
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2133 on: December 12, 2007, 04:36:40 pm »
This motley crew of the PBW needs ta get inta some lootin and plunderin. It's gettin toooooo soft with piratekitties and the like.

Saddle up ye all (for da mid westerners of the gang) da Good Ship PBW is to set sail again. Fill the armery, load the rum, get those sword (feather duster) belts done up (best now before Xmas otherwise, we'll need to loosen the belt a bit after). get the plank ready for all the other pirate captures we gunnu do and last but not least, get that Barbie (thats BBQ for all norther hemisphere folk) on board - we gonna find that headache monster and fry its butt off.

Stay tuned

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2134 on: December 13, 2007, 05:47:08 am »
Ah, Laz we haven't been on a good plundering cruise in a long while.  Where da ya thinks the best lootin will be????????  Too cold near the North Pole.
Wench Brendalu standin ready to sail
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #2135 on: December 13, 2007, 10:13:59 am »
I think we need to make a stop to load up on grog.  I say to the caribbean for some rum as there's plenty of pillaging opportunities there.  LOTS AND LOTS of sparklies!!!!  I like sparklies!!!!!   ;D
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Brendalu

« Reply #2136 on: December 13, 2007, 11:49:32 am »
Sparklies are very good...........................the blue water sounds pretty invitin too. ::)
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2137 on: December 13, 2007, 01:46:37 pm »
  The PBW silently slips into the bay in Barbados, under the cover of darkness.  The waves gently lapping at the sides of the ship, and the smell of fresh seafood and caribean spices is in the air.  The grogmeister opens the hold, and peers towards shore.  Row boats begin appearing out of the mist, lots of them, each with a brown cask.  Each oarsman, or oarswoman, is paid a gllittering gold coin, and another cask is lower into the hold by the crew.  Piles of fresh fuits are gently but quickly loaded onto the PBW, as shouts are heard from shore.  As the PBW heads back out the sea, and steadily picks up speed as the sails are unfurled, canon shots are heard.  Toothy grins reflect the moonlight, as the spray of open ocean waves begin to break over the port side of the bow.  They break out cups, schooners, glasses, and a blender as the PBW  heads for a fogbank.  Another successful rum run for the crew of the PBW.  They should now have enough grog to get through the holidays.
  Here's a picture of the hold, taken the next day.
Regards,
  Rob 

« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 01:48:54 pm by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Brendalu

« Reply #2138 on: December 13, 2007, 04:00:02 pm »
Do you think that is going to be enough????????
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #2139 on: December 13, 2007, 06:14:08 pm »
It's Cruzan, it will do the trick for now!  Been to Barbados, sampled the good Cruzan!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2140 on: December 14, 2007, 04:43:33 am »
Captain Kidd's ship found off shores of the Dominican Republic!  Let's go plunderin to fill the bildge with the good stuff!

http://www.livescience.com/history/071213-capt-kidd-ship.html

1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Brendalu

« Reply #2141 on: December 14, 2007, 06:14:03 am »
It's Cruzan, it will do the trick for now!  Been to Barbados, sampled the good Cruzan!
Sounds good to me! 
Captain Kidd's treasures!  Now his kin will be lookin to claim that.  I worked with a descendant of his, Darryl Kidd, used to be a baseball player, now he sells cars in Kansas!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2142 on: December 14, 2007, 11:03:40 am »
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anchors Aweigh (that's aweigh, not away, ye landlubbers) me hearties, we're off ter the Caribbean. I believe it's Mount Gay that's made in Barbados, not Cruzan, grogmeister-- git yer rums straight! Jeez!

Me homeport fer  25 years was the Isle of St Croix, birthplace of the dreaded Cruzan! Me Pappy was the local doggy doc there. I even dated the nephew of the owner of the dreaded Cruzan factory! Been there many times and partook of the dreaded product more times than I care to tell! Hence me status as the designated driver of the PBW!!!!!!!

Calderwoods is made in Cane Garden Bay on Tortola and is 151 proof, and generally makes you lose your dinghy and forget your name. Here's a pic of the place:

Driving you rummies around the Caribbean so's ye can plunder rum factories sound's like fun. I could use some salt air in me lungs fer a change.  Good thing that Canadian handyman hunk Mike Holmes reinforced the rum hold! I learned some great new cuss words from him whilst he was a'workin' down below here on the PBW. Them Canadians sure loves ter cuss! My kinda people!

So off we go!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

« Reply #2143 on: December 14, 2007, 11:37:41 am »
Beautiful picture.........makes want to be there instead of here.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #2144 on: December 14, 2007, 12:35:50 pm »
That was me Captain...you're right, Mount Gay!   I still have a mini bottle of Cruzan from that trip!  We stopped in St. Croix too.  Must have been drinking a little too much on that trip!!!!  We also went to the Bacardi Factory in Puerto Rico.   Maybe that's why the next two times i just went to the USVI and didn't move around so much!!!!!

I'd like to get me some of them Columbian Emeralds too, let's scoot off in that direction!!!!  I need some green sparklies for my trip to Ireland!!!!