Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775190 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2085 on: November 11, 2007, 02:43:28 pm »
Here's a pic of me and Batman after we plundered his Ma's kitchen lookin' fer treats!

Did you know Batman says "ARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!"

Capt Deb,
or should I say, Capt Nanny Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2086 on: November 11, 2007, 05:37:09 pm »
What a cutie.....Batman that is!!!!  Capt Deb, you are too funny.  I love it!!!  How's the head and Dr Love's back?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2087 on: November 12, 2007, 09:16:19 am »
Nanny Deb.... OMG!  Now THAT is cute!!!!!!!!!!!  :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2088 on: November 12, 2007, 09:48:04 am »
Glad that Dr.Luv is heelin and that you got to pilfer the kitchen and go trick or treaten!  Great pics!  Can't wait to see the rest!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2089 on: November 12, 2007, 09:50:40 am »
Glad that Dr.Luv is heelin and that you got to pilfer the kitchen and go trick or treaten!  Great pics!  Can't wait to see the rest!
Brendalu

Hey Brenda,

Just spoke with the Capt'n 30 mins ago. Said the Dr is now up and about, slowly but surely and was sitting at dining room table. Took a small walk and has a little more energy... ok, she used the word "fiesty" but.... :)  Says he's now on a terrific recovery road. As for the Capt'n... .she sounded great!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Brendalu

« Reply #2090 on: November 12, 2007, 02:28:32 pm »
That's great news, Phyl ! ::)  Soooooooooo glad to hear it1  Now what about you???

Huggles,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2091 on: November 13, 2007, 08:21:59 am »
Brendalu

Wish I could train him to heel, but all he can do is sit up and beg! ;)

Tee-hee-hee!

Capt Deb 8)

Brendalu

« Reply #2092 on: November 13, 2007, 04:21:23 pm »
Capt Deb,
I used to be able to catch those, but now they are down right funny sometimes.  I'm glad you enjoyed the laugh!
 I went to the neighborhood animal shelter this morning and picked out a blind in one, very skinny Senior citizen Boston Terrior to keep me and my Sophie LaRoo company.  I named her Miss Martha Jane.  It suits her and me too.  She can't see outa one eye and I can't hear outa one ear.  I'm making her a pirate's eye patch so she will be in style.  The shelter couldn't believe I chose her!  I said I couldn't believe someone else hadn't because she certainly is special!
Glad to hear that Dr Luv doesn't heel but he is healin!!!  (Gotta get out the Depends)
Hugs,
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Mary 117

« Reply #2093 on: November 13, 2007, 05:39:23 pm »
brendalu- That is so cool. You are a really special person. I know that I drove 350 miles(montana to idaho) to adopt a doggie that we found on the internet. My son said that the doggie was so homely no one would adopt him so we better go pick him up. He's pug, chiuhua/mutt mix. He has a crooked face which matches my crooked smile. Congrats on the "new" addition. They are unconditional love in a warm, furry package.

Thanks for making my day!
Mary

2cm AN, HEI Dr. Brackmann, 05/24/05
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #2094 on: November 13, 2007, 07:05:25 pm »
Brenda,

You rawk!  :-*  What a lovely gesture in bringing the Ms. Martha Jane into your loving family... btw, great breed. I miss my Maggie-Mony (boston terrier) terribly.  She lived to 15 yrs old, blind, deaf but oh, what love she brought me....

Mazel tov to your ever-expanding family.
Phyl

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2095 on: November 14, 2007, 07:25:59 am »
All this "barking" from you guys about your "friends" makes me miss mine all the more.  I really should say "my sons dog" Blu.  But it won't be long and we'll have Blu, a bullmastiff, back the day after Thanksgiving to doggie sit while he moves back to NY city as a traveling RN.  Blu and I met and bonded immediately when I was recuperating from surgery at my sons home.  He was by my side ALL THE TIME (he thought he was a lap dog).  He was very patient with me on our walks with my occasionally bumping into him.  Always knew when to stop and lay down in someone's lawn for a rest, knowing before I did when I needed to stop and rest.  Then a few days later, I'll be picking up at the airport my daughters bullmastiff, Zara arriving from Germany as she will be moving her hubby and daughter back to the US!  Zara will be with us until they find a home to move their new daughter into.  So, when it rains it pours I guess!  Having two large dogs will be a challenge for me and my hubby, but we can't wait to see them knowing they will be showing us unconditional love 24/7!  I told my hubby when both kids come to claim their dogs that's when we get our own bullmastiff puppy!  Can't wait. 

Oh, by the way, thank you to everyone for just being "here" as I look forward to checking in and hearing what all of you are up to.  Deb, very happy to hear your dear one is on the mend.  Your halloween costume was awsome!  You must certainly be the best friend in your grandchilds life!  Planting good memories with them for their future recall when times seem tough--wonderful!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Brendalu

« Reply #2096 on: November 14, 2007, 08:31:49 am »
Karen,
I've never met a dog I didn't love and I'd have a dozen if I had the room and my husband would agree to it!  I had a friend who raised and showed bullmastiffs and they were quite something special!  Have fun with "all" of your family when they get here!
Phyl...................you are the one who "rawks",  you just a very SPECIAL person.  I sure hope you are going to be at the 2009 thingy in Chicago 'cause I'm saving up gentle huggles.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2097 on: November 18, 2007, 03:39:05 pm »
More hijinx from Capt Nanny Deb and Dr Love wiv our Grandscallywags. Ain't we cute? BTW This ain't no costume.

Anyone wanting to post pic oughtta try photobucket. It makes it really easy. Frapper has been actin up lately.

We are on the lookout for a scallywagtail to join our lil family, too. In the form of a Laborador Retriever pup.  I know I sHould probably do the shelter dog thing, but I really need a gentle tempered doggie and I know the breed well as I've raised 3 of them and I'm nuts about 'em. Just NUTS!!!!

So who watches Cesar Millan , the Dog Whisperer on Nat Geo? Ain't he GREAT? The Power of the Pack!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #2098 on: November 18, 2007, 05:55:02 pm »
Hey!
I did my first computer animation!

It's called, "Capt Deb has a migraine, but she looks really good having it."
I have way too much time on my hands..........

Capt Deb 8)

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #2099 on: November 18, 2007, 06:06:20 pm »
  The caption for the family picture should be "Cake?  What Cake?"
  Capt, what software did you use for the animation?
Regards,
 Rob
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:57:40 am by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW