Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775159 times)

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1950 on: August 28, 2007, 01:03:02 pm »
MMMM   one of my favorite topics - FOOD !!!!  Now there's something I can relate too !!   I don't think this is gross or strange, but I LOVE fried eel.  We have it for Christmas Eve dinner,  but I wish I could eat it everyday - DELICIOUS !!   Oh, & my nana once cooked fried cow's brain when I was about 9 y.o. - I remember liking it until she told me what it was, at which time I proceeded to her bathroom ...
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #1951 on: August 28, 2007, 01:17:10 pm »
One of my last trips to the UK before the bloke and I were married, we went to this lovely cafe around the corner.. and what was on the menu? Kangaroo! :o   2 folks ordered it, I tried a bite and decided "been there, seen it, done it", won't partake again!  ew!  I think it was just the mental image of it....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1952 on: August 28, 2007, 04:49:43 pm »
Yeah, I have had kangaroo. Got to be careful how you cook it. Overcooked and it is like leather but with a pong. Indigineous Ozzies eat witchety grubs - yukko.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1953 on: August 28, 2007, 05:22:53 pm »
How about the worm from the bottom of the tequila bottle..........geeze.....must have had some of that tequilla first in order to have gotten the worm down the hatch....yuk...that was a long long time ago.

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #1954 on: August 28, 2007, 06:26:11 pm »
Patti:   Was that YOU at that bar in Nogales?   lol   (I remember the worm in the Tequila - isn't it called 'mesquite' or something like that ?
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #1955 on: August 28, 2007, 07:21:25 pm »
yukko is right!   :P

Yeah, I have had kangaroo. Got to be careful how you cook it. Overcooked and it is like leather but with a pong. Indigineous Ozzies eat witchety grubs - yukko.

Laz
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1956 on: August 29, 2007, 06:04:51 am »
The good ship PBW has hit turbulent waters heading toward the dreaded triangle. This triangle is full of nasty tumors spread all over the place, they are multiplying and causing havoc with the native wildlife.

Captain Deb musters the crew, "Choccies down wenches and scalleys", we are on a mission to destroy this ugly sea monster once and for all. Looks like we weren't successful last time or that sea monster seems to have multiple lives.

Off the Port bow Captain cries the lookout - It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's the sea monster, no, it's multiple sea monsters

Battle stations crew, to the armery, load all the guns, this is the biggest challenge ahead, orders the captain.

The ship is swaying in the turbulent waters and the crew are struggling to keep their balance on the deck. The sea monster is calling on it's siblings for assistance. It's the Good ship PBW versus the sea monster and siblings,

Stay tuned - Will the good ship PBW withstand the challenge that lay ahead? will the Captain fire her secret weapon?

Stay tuned.

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #1957 on: August 29, 2007, 06:08:42 am »
multiple sea monsters?   :o Oh, no! 

*grabs 8' bullwhip and arms self to fend off those nasty tumors and monsters*

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #1958 on: August 29, 2007, 11:51:10 am »
Crew,

Did you see the article about the lady pirate, Cheng I Sao?  She was the most successful pirate of all time.  She " controlled a fleet of more than 1,500 ships and upwards of 80,000 sailors -- and she did it all without the help of facial hair."  Having lived with around women most of my life, it makes sense to me that the most coniving and bloodthirsty pirate of all time was a female.  ;D Maybe we can get her to help with the seamonster and her kin.
   She had some interesting rules (see the link to the article below):
 "Cheng I Sao's most famous laws applied to the taking of female prisoners. Ugly women were returned to shore, free of charge. Attractive captives were auctioned off to the crew, unless a pirate personally purchased the captive, in which case they were considered married. Of course, if that pirate cheated on his new bride, Cheng I Sao had him killed."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/worklife/08/27/woman.pirate/index.html

Regards,
  Rob
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:53:32 am by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1959 on: August 29, 2007, 12:38:45 pm »
Yes, I did see the article about the lady pirate...but I didn't read the whole thing. I guess I should have.

Wow, I must be really out of it, because I missed this whole last business with the Sea Monster. Too busy down in the hold writing poems I guess and didn't notice an impending battle on the horizon.  That sounds like me!  Always the befuddled one.... :D

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1960 on: August 29, 2007, 04:56:58 pm »
The Good Ship PBW, witrh crew dressed in full battle gear (bikini's for the wenches) armed to the teeth with feather dusters , cannons loaded with spitballs, the air is tight, a mist desends on the region of sea that is about to encounter the major battle of all time.

Captain Deb, sensing that she needs some help. calls on her mentor Cheng I Sao whose spirit still lives inside all the chocolate thirsty Captains (and parrots). "Cheng, Cheng, lend me your"  (woops, wrong speech) "Cheng, Cheng", cried the Captain, and then in a moment of inspired madness, the Captain, hurridly moves towards the cannons, loads the "ace spitball" now the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy describes "ace spitballs" as a special weapon to be used by Captains when having a tussle with sea monsters.

the Captain removes the computer guidence system from auto to manual (very upmarket pirate ship this), aims and fires.

The crew nervously awaits the outcome, the spitball finds its target and in a moment not seen before, the spitball bounces off the sea monster and hits the sibling as well.

Woo Hoooo yells the crew, as the dreaded sea monster and its sibling fall and they sink into the deep ocean waters to never be seen again.

"It's party time for the crew, we are off to the bahamas.

Stay tuned when we discover that - mmm, dunno, stay tuned anyway.

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1961 on: August 30, 2007, 11:14:26 am »
Let sleeping dogs lie
and sea monsters stay sunk
We'll cruise the Bahamas
and all get drunk!

(except for your designated driver,
Capt Deb 8))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 12:33:43 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #1962 on: August 30, 2007, 11:34:47 am »
I'll raise my mug o' grog to that toast, Capt'n! :)

Mary 117

« Reply #1963 on: August 30, 2007, 03:24:15 pm »
Was sitting in the doctors office yesterday, reading magazines and one was actually current. It contained a very important date for September which you may already have marked but I thought I better let you know,  September 19th is official "talk like a pirate day". So good luck with that one. Grog with breakfast might make it easier to talk like a pirate all day long.  Cheers! 
Mary

2cm AN, middle fossa, HEI, Dr Brackmann  05/24/07
2cm x 1.5cm AN, Middle Fossa, Dr. Brackmann  05/24/05
Mild hearing loss, mild facial weakness, no balance issues

"well behaved women seldom make history"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1964 on: August 30, 2007, 04:34:52 pm »
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Weeze talks like bloomin Pirates everywhichday wench Mary!

It's rum and tim tams time on the good ship PBW and we be headin off to da Bahamas for some well earned plunderin of the drinking establishments.

Laz

p.s - great Poem Captain but don't quit your day job!!!!!!
Chronologer of the PBW