Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775055 times)

comfortzone

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1575 on: November 26, 2006, 03:12:15 pm »
Ok I've got it now! ;D I'm a hairdresser so maybe I could take care of everyone's hair on the PBW? Do you have a hairdresser yet? I saw one of the great pirates, Keith Richards, in concert with his Rolling Stones crew last night - using earplugs made it pleasurable and I just have a little extra headache today. The old guy was touched at the crowds warm welcome - many an inlfatable palm trees were waving so he would feel at home in cold and snowy Canada. I almost thought I saw a tear in his eye...
8 mm left side AN Retrosigmoid surgery with Dr Akagami at Vancouver General Hospital April 3, 2014 SSD

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1576 on: November 26, 2006, 04:18:19 pm »
The deck of the good ship PBW is overglowing with newbies, full employment and bellies filled with Turkey and tim tams. This barrell of good food, rum and humour be sailing off in6to the distance shortly, searchin for some booty ta looty.

Me thinks da cruise director needs ta get some games going on da deck be it above or below - no matter coz the winds be silent and da bellies be full.

Where shall we sail te dear Parrot! perhaps to Jaimaica mon, or perhaps we set sail for some different shores like Antarctica. Where shall it be?

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

comfortzone

« Reply #1577 on: November 26, 2006, 04:58:47 pm »
Oh pleeeease somewhere warm. The snow's been fallin' for 24 hours now and I'm dreamin' of some warm sunshine!
8 mm left side AN Retrosigmoid surgery with Dr Akagami at Vancouver General Hospital April 3, 2014 SSD

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #1578 on: November 26, 2006, 05:30:01 pm »
Ah, dear Corinne, as one who officially retired from our lovely profession of Cosmetology, you running the ship-board spa does certainly sound good to me...with me in the wings offering guidance to those unruly coiff'd folks who claim hair frizz due to ocean salt air.... I think it just may work! :)

Ok, folks!  Toss the BAHA-like-a-Frisbee-Boomerang up on the sundeck in 5 minutes!  Torching SSD rejection letters bonfire will be at midnight at the base of the ship's smokestack......  "I've got a secret" game for good right ear hearing at 2pm... good left ear hearing at 3pm... in the piano bar!

Grog to be served 24/7! :)

Capt'n, taking all of Laz-Scallywag comments into consideration, can we set sail for islands off the coast of E. Africa?  I hear the Indian Ocean is the place to be... well... based on Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes-Cruise, that is!

Signed,
Your Curse...er... cruise director
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
« Reply #1579 on: November 26, 2006, 05:34:28 pm »
I wanna take the pictures of the people on BPW

Is that job taken yet? hehe
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #1580 on: November 26, 2006, 05:41:33 pm »
I wanna take the pictures of the people on BPW

Is that job taken yet? hehe

Ship's Photographer!?!?!? OMG! I have no clue (I ain't reading all over 100 pgs here to see who got what) but I know folks here are tracking it... I think you'd make a GREAT ship's photographer Taylor.  Clean pics only... gotta keep it clean!   Except for when Laz enters the belly flop contest and upon water entry, his swimming trunks start to go and his um....derriere shows.. then you can snap that pic! :D

Capt'n, do we have a ship photographer yet?

Phyl

the cursed cruise director
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

TaylorsMom

« Reply #1581 on: November 26, 2006, 07:17:08 pm »
No, Captain, we haven't done a night dive, yet.  I'd like to, though.  It would be so cool.  The only way to see the octopus,  I know.  We did 10 dives in 5 days on that trip.  I ended up with a raging ear infection.  Taylor and her Dad had no problems.

I'm hoping Taylor recovers enough that we can all go and do that again someday!!!!!!

Kathy

PS--- I'm a hairstylist, too.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1582 on: November 26, 2006, 07:49:44 pm »
Calling Captain parrot, where are ya?

Decisions ter be made, wheel ter be steered, and you are probably fressing that Turkey and having a "whale" of a time!

Rendezvouss on the deck at midnight huh ms cruise director. Hope taylor has her infra-red switch ter on! Not sure whether ya want to break the lens on yer camera on your first day on the job by taking a pic of "my better side", maybe the wenches will get lucky with a visit by the Chippenddales are they still around? and yer can take lotsa these wenches drooling over the 6 packs!

I bags we have another wet t shirt competition - 'twill be pretty hard to beat our incumbent champions but.

The good ship PBW continues circle the seas as Captain parrot has not yet surfaced. perhaps we need to send out a general distress signal in parrotese.

SQUUUUUAAAAAAAAARRRRRK   CALLING CAPTAIN PARROT   SQUUUUUUAAAAAAARRRRRRRRK
LAZ

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Chris

« Reply #1583 on: November 27, 2006, 02:27:09 am »
Glad you like the Tim Tams Capt Deb. Now if anyone else over there can't get their hands on Tim Tams let me know. I may not be able to send them to everyone but I can try over time.

Regards
Chris Wench
Keeper of the Tim Tams and protector of the rum
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #1584 on: November 27, 2006, 07:15:27 am »
Glad you like the Tim Tams Capt Deb. Now if anyone else over there can't get their hands on Tim Tams let me know. I may not be able to send them to everyone but I can try over time.

Regards
Chris Wench
Keeper of the Tim Tams and protector of the rum

Chris, heck of an offer... I need Original and Dark Chocolate... request from friends here when they found out I still had some TimTam's left from Laz (hey, I savour them!)

Ok, where is our Capt'n?  Will place ship-to-shore call to her today to check on the wench!  BAH! She doesn't show up, I'm taking control of the wheel! :D

signed,
Phyl, your cursed...er...cruise director

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #1585 on: November 27, 2006, 08:02:59 am »
Capt,
  I was able to do some night diving in St. John.  Very Cool.  The sea turtles where sleeping under coral "shelves".  And there where other creatures that you wouldn't see during daytime dives.  Although it was a little unnerving not knowing what might cruise in from the blackness on your blind side.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1586 on: November 27, 2006, 10:08:45 am »
WOW, Gone 5 days and 2 more pages.  Hope everyone had a great Holiday Dieting day. I gave Thanks for me AN ship mates fer sure! 
  Newbie Corrinne, you mentioned you were getting the "S" word at your place (snow)  Where does ye live? I'm complaining from time to time about the ole Splenda that keeps falling from the sky in these parts (Park City Utah). I was in Calif in 75 debrees, came home to nice sunny 45 degrees yesterday and this morning, Darn splenda covering everything. Gives me the major Wonkey head for sure.

All the talk about diving and snorkling, I started a thread a few weeks back that didn't get much attention, about diving AFTER AN. Anyone done that??????  I'm worried about the pressure being a problem for posties. Any feedback on this??

Phil,  swimming with the sting rays in Grand Cayman was so cool. I want to take my kids to do it, but  the darn things been poking people in the chest lately. (such a sad thing, poor Steve).

Laurawench,  Pirate reality show, what fun that would be. Too bad we would all fail at the challenges when they have us stand on one leg on a floating dock or something.

As for new games, I'm playing the pig out detox game this week. (burp) too much turkey and grog,

Patti yootee

2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

comfortzone

« Reply #1587 on: November 27, 2006, 10:35:11 am »
I'm here in Vancouver, Canada Patti. We don't usually get this much snow... rain is typical but we are getting hit with some major white stuff right now. It is STILL snowing and has been since Saturday night. I am officially snowed in as I live up on the mountain and do not want to drive down the hill! I also found that whirling snowfalkes coming at the windsheild make staying in one lane a little challenging...outta my way people! Slidin' swervin' slippin' ANer coming down the hill!!!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1588 on: November 27, 2006, 01:01:30 pm »
Had some snow here in Vancouver, USA, but it isn't going to stick down on the valley floor - just above 500 feet.  Yes, it hit harder further north, as Vancouver, Canada can attest.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1589 on: November 27, 2006, 01:05:17 pm »
Ok I've got it now! ;D I'm a hairdresser so maybe I could take care of everyone's hair on the PBW? Do you have a hairdresser yet? I saw one of the great pirates, Keith Richards, in concert with his Rolling Stones crew last night - using earplugs made it pleasurable and I just have a little extra headache today. The old guy was touched at the crowds warm welcome - many an inlfatable palm trees were waving so he would feel at home in cold and snowy Canada. I almost thought I saw a tear in his eye...

Oy what a cutie and a ragin' scallywag ta boot!!!

I definitely be needin' a haircut!!! I been keepin' it about an inch long ever since I ran away to sea at the tender age of 19 and learned to wash me hair in Joy and seawater. Lately it has been growin' out a little ever since I saw Emmylou Harris and decided that long silver hair was HOT! Well, it may be hot but it's a lotta work wot wiv that blow dryer and dippity-do and staightenin thingy what I burned me dang ear on!!!!!

I'm all for having a bonfire for all the SSD rejection letters--I been gettin' 'em for 3 years!!!!  Bein' captain of the PBW is the only job I can do wiv a screamin' headache and it don't pay much!!!!

You lot are the best crew ever!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW