Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775143 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #765 on: June 05, 2006, 10:28:50 am »
I bet you ABSOLUTELY get lucky--you know who much guys like mayonaise, not to mention motor oil!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #766 on: June 08, 2006, 04:22:03 pm »
OK Ya Wenches and Seafarin' Swashbucklers!
Captain Deb has emerged from her cabin and waddled up on deck to see what the heck's goin' on!  Are we there yet?  Is that beeee-oooo-teeee-fuuul crystal blue water I see? An white sugar-sand beaches with gently swaying palm trees?  And Rasta music wafting down off the mountainside along with the smell of frangipani, ganja, rum, and stew goat? Am I dreaming or are we cruising downwind through Sir Francis Drake Channel, somewhere between Tortola and East End, St. John?

I really HOPE so, cuz anyone who hasn't been there don't know where heaven is!
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A pirate's life for me!!!!

Capt Deb 8)

matti

« Reply #767 on: June 08, 2006, 07:15:01 pm »
It all sounds great to me  ;D    (except for the stew goat)  I am still drooling over the "Flippin" chocolate cake you made for Dr. Love
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #768 on: June 08, 2006, 08:52:19 pm »
The World's Best Choccie Cake Recipe is public domain. It is on the box of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa powder, and so is the icing.  The trick is to slightly underbake the cake and put on 2 coats of icing, refridgerating between coats, a la Martha.
Go ahead
Pig out
you're still alive to enjoy it!
Capt Deb

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #769 on: June 08, 2006, 09:08:12 pm »
My step-mom got a cat at a garage sale...a lovely part siamese with pretty blue eyes and a calico coat....her name was Ganja.  We couldn't figure out how she got that name or what it even meant.  We didn't know..  It wasn't until much later that we found out what Ganja means.  Too late to changer her name.!! 

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #770 on: June 09, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »
West Indian food is among the world's best!  Particularly when cooked over a "coal pot" on de beach! Grouper poached in coconut water with fried plantains, stew conch, rice and peas....I'm a' droolin!  Been living on "ulcer food" :P for a week and me wan' sometin' spicy, mon!!!
Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #771 on: June 09, 2006, 05:57:48 pm »
My step-mom got a cat at a garage sale...a lovely part siamese with pretty blue eyes and a calico coat....her name was Ganja.  We couldn't figure out how she got that name or what it even meant.  We didn't know..  It wasn't until much later that we found out what Ganja means.  Too late to changer her name.!! 

Sue

I laughed my butt of at that one!  A boat I worked on had a cat named Doobie but it was spelled Dubhe which is one of the stars in the constellation Ursa Major.  That was the name of the boat!
The dinghy was called Ursa Minor. We used to catch these itty bitty fishies with a hand line which we kept in the chart table drawer and every time the drawer was opened she went bananas cuz it meant a fish for her to play with then devour on this huge fordeck of the 85 foot wood boat! Great memory. Thanks, Sue!
 Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #772 on: June 10, 2006, 09:44:14 am »
OK--still cravin' West Indian food!

For Dr. Love's birthday, 3 years pre-AN, I threw his a** on a sailboat along with 2 of my bestest sailin' wench girlfriends and dragged him to a little island called Anegada. It lies north of Virgin Gorda and is surrounded by a HUGE coral reef, which keeps the novice sailors away (or it USED to--they wised up and marked the coral-head studded channel so tourists can sail there without crashing their shiney new rented boats) We radioed in our lobster reservations to Neptune's Treasure restaurant (there are two on the island) When we got there they had decorated up our table with balloons and a big "Happy Birthday Eric" sign which still hangs in my studio.  We had the world's best conch fritters and then they brought out 3 incredible fresh grilled West Indian lobsters. Erics was HUGE and the feelers overhung  the gigantic platter it was served on by a foot.

Earlier that day, while "folicking" on the 5 mile long completely deserted north shore beach, Dr. Love and I discovered a lobster carapace that was at least a foot wide, meaning that the old granddaddy lobster who used to own it had to be at least 20 pounds and 3 feet long from feeler to tail. The Anegadan fishermen go out in rowboats, mostly, and hand catch these big suckers with a mask and snorkle. They bring them back kicking and screaming and put them in a big pen, built next to the dinghy dock till suppertime, and they are lots of fun to watch.  As the sun starts to sink and the rum comes out, the fishermen start this big driftwood fire and spread the coals out smooth when it dies down.  Then they whip out this big homemade grill thing, prop it up on cinderblocks on the corners, and throw on the lobsters.  You feel real sorry for 'em DYIN" like that, till you have your first BITE and then you are sorry no more!

Lobster with lots of lime and butter, rice and peas, fried plantains, a little bowl of kalaloo, homemade mango ice cream for dessert!  Then we proceeded to dance all the skin offa the bottoms of our feet to a rockin' little steel band.

That was probably the best meal of my entire life and I thought I'd share it with you! ;D

Love, Capt Deb 8)

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #773 on: June 10, 2006, 07:09:47 pm »
Bruce,
I never did get to the Western Caribbean much, but my big brother smuggled a Margay Tiger back through customs from Costa Rica into the Virgin Islands 1972! I have lots of friends who love Costa Rica and it is one of the places I'd love to visit. Sousops are great if you can get past the seeds. A lady on the west end (Fredericksted) of St. Croix named Miss Mary used to make these drinks called Fantails out of soursop juice, 151 rum, coconut water, and who knows what other kind of "bush medicine"--whatta buzz! And flavor!
Guess I'm missin' the islands!
Capt Deb

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #774 on: June 11, 2006, 06:54:59 am »
Ok, Captain Deb, try this un for size!

The good ship PBW sets sail around the bottom (otherwise known as the a*** end) of the land down under and head toward Adelaide - the city of churches. As the anchor is chucked over the side, the lookout (my surgeon!) yells, "enemy ship approaching". Captain deb, puts on her pirate hat, and tries giving instructions to the crew in squarkeeeze but none of the wenches can understand her. Captain Deb then makes a decision to load the cannons herself, but has Captain deb gone mad (er) ? she loads the cannons with the gallies supply of jaffas.(small balls of chocolate covered in orange lollie - yum). She lights the cannon and fires on the enemy ship. Kasplat (as they say in batmanese). But as the thousands of jaffas approach the enemy ship, the lookout says - whoops, made a mistake its the dingy girly whirly.

Wench karla and Andrea are on board and are about to be consumed by a fistful of jaffas. Luckily for the incumbent wenches, Captain Deb's aim was off and the wenches survived the attack.

Meanwhile, the crew on board the good ship PBW row ashore to enjoy this great city. Captain Deb leads the walk through the city and discovers a number of underground restaraunts. As the crew is feeling rather peckish after Captain Deb released the entire stock of chocolate, the swashbucklers were rathjer attentive in this restaraunt as it was topless. Not even a T shirt to be seen (bad luck Mom and matti wench). It's true, loads and loads of restaraunts are topless, the problem is that these places are all underground and too many goosebumps a flying everywhere.

The wenches weren't very impressed so they left to go to this suburb called Norwood. Now, Norwood is famous for its Pie Cart. Why is this? well, Captain Deb, your stomach pains are over. You have to try the traditional Pie Floater. This is a meat pie smothered in vinegar and tomato sauce (ketchup), floatinmg on top of a thick green bowl of pea soup. Let me tell all of you wannabe pirates, you can only try this if you have had one or thirty and then it dopesn't want to stay in your body for too long.

After devouring the pie floaters, a mass outbreak of dissentry through the PBW has onset the crew but never mind, coz the chronologer (otherwise known as rubber guts) has taken the vrew to one of the finest winery locations in the world. Its called the Barrosa Valley. Many fine reds have been consumed here and the crew has not been disappointed at all.

Stay tuned for the next episode when we find out whether the pie floater has completely destroyed Captain Deb's stomach, will the good dingy girly whirly stop spinning in time for the encumbent wenches to actually board the good ship PBW. Will the good ship PBW ever get out of the a*** end of the Indian Ocean?
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #775 on: June 11, 2006, 07:40:15 am »
I just got fatter reading that!!!!!!!  :o ;D :D

Great port-o'-call!  Hope my passport doesn't expire!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #776 on: June 11, 2006, 01:54:09 pm »
Well, THAT was a fun trip.  Thanks for the great stories, real and imagined!  I think a little to the left of where Larry took us, must be where the Chocolate Sea is. 
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #777 on: June 11, 2006, 03:48:57 pm »
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........................................PIE FLOATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #778 on: June 13, 2006, 02:37:06 pm »
WOW only 1500 or so more posts(can't subtract--math nerve severed during surgery) onboard this ship and we'll have us 10,000 and the powers that be here will have to make a bigger "number of posts" box for us here Blokes and Wenches!  A world's record of insanity and giggles!

Yo-Ho-Ho!!!
Capt Deb 8)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #779 on: June 13, 2006, 05:06:34 pm »
*looks around*

who's insane?

*looks at self*

Yep!  ;D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"