Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775064 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #750 on: May 25, 2006, 08:05:11 pm »
Hi Sue,

I have lived in NZ for 15 years (the good ship PBW will visit there coz I would say that it is the most beautiful (scenic) place in the world without a doubt.My wife's a Kiwi) - not the bird Capt DFeb ya parrot head. Kiwi is whts they call New Zealanders. Anyway, it has all of the beauty of the scandenavian firds and stuff, combined with snow covered mountain ranges, a desert , old and new cities.

As for that movie, there was quite a lot of talk about that movie in NZ - I thought the movie was a bit slow but because it was based on a true story, it was quite shocking really.

When browsing through NZ, take a visit to - ah, we wait for the PBW to get there.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #751 on: May 25, 2006, 08:33:59 pm »
All of us that saw The Lord of the Rings, know how lovely New Zealand is.  A scenic wonderland.  It wasn't all special effects!! LOL

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #752 on: May 25, 2006, 08:47:07 pm »
I sailed with a boatload a' Kiwi gents (pirates) on a leg at Antigua Race Week a few years back (pre-Dr. Love) They was a FINE lot!  Way more polite that the Ozzies!  More teeth, too. ;D

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #753 on: May 26, 2006, 01:45:43 am »
Now Captain sqwarko,

I suppose I gooto agree on the manners bit. as fer the teeth well, how do I say this, nah, I'm not going there at all. Ask Dr Love!!!!!!!!! :-*

Sue, where the bulk of the lord of the rings was shot was a hillside area known as the haywards. I livede not far from there. It's predominately farmland, there is a golf course but its mainly used as a drive through area as a shortcut from one town to another.Most locals take it for granted.

It's a curse to drive through especially if ya get behind a caravan (single lane most of the way). It's very green and picturesque.

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #754 on: May 26, 2006, 06:19:10 am »
You drive on a golf course?

I think you'd be shot in Fl for doing that  LOL :P

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #755 on: May 26, 2006, 08:20:15 am »
Whoopsie,

I meant to say that there is a golf course. The haywards are used for a drive through. Slip of the old finger! I've gone mad. Got mad cows disease! ;D

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #756 on: May 28, 2006, 09:27:52 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MIDDLE EARTH!!!!
Home of that hottie LEGOLAS and that super-hottie ARAGORN!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't mind chasin' them through the mountains and fjords!
Capt Deb

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #757 on: June 01, 2006, 01:20:17 pm »
HEY!
Havya heard? The fastest single-handed sailor in the world is a WENCH! I saw one of those newsmags thingies and this Ozzie wench broke the record for a single-handed circumnavigation--big trimaran! Can't recall her name, but then again sometimes I can't even recall my own name!

So!!!
Am I destined to follow in her wenchsteps and single-hand this big vessel all by my lonesome? Has my crew abandonned me? Or are they off in the Virgin Islands celebrating "Hurricane Supplication Day"--a national holiday and an excuse to have a few 'Ladas?

I wanna go campin' at Cinnamon Bay with you guys!!!  We would have too much fun--an all-Wench campout!!! Well--we COULD bring summa our Blokes if we wanted--dunno if they could handle it.  When I go to FL in the winter to party with alla my lady capt friends, Dr. Love is sometimes the token bloke and he loves it!

Anyway, the PBW is still afloat--52 pages and counting!!!!!

Love and Kissies to all esp Karla-wench! ;D
Capt Deb 8)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #758 on: June 01, 2006, 04:42:23 pm »
The good ship PBW has raised her anchor and has just about hit the shores of Adelaide. For those of you that are saying Adelaide? where the hell is that. Well, ya ignorant pirates, in technical terms, picture this great land down under, go to he middle of the country, now go down to the bottom and ya landed in Adelaide.

meanwhile the good dingy girly whirly has hit the shores of Californeeeyyaaaaiiiii and is waiting for karla wench, youngen karla wench and wenchette to hop aboard. How girly whirly found them is anyone's guess. It's a bit ditzy at times our girly whirly dingy. back aboard the good ship PBW, Captain Deb and her band of merry wenches and swashbucklrs are ready to hit the shores when batty wench reports back to Captain about rather mischievous behavious in this here town called Adelaide. capt Deb is bemused as Adelaide is regarded as the City of Churches. What is it batty Wench who is becoming rather distraught, and this is evident by the toy she's holding shaking about and it's not even switched on!

Stay tuned when we find out - Has batty wench broken her toys? Will the good dingy find its way back to the good ship PBW, What's in store in the city of churches?

laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #759 on: June 03, 2006, 09:45:31 am »
So our dear Laz is off to yet another witch doctor!! Actually a wich doctor would probably do  him more good! We are all gunnu be dancin' and chantin' fer ya during yer appointment! Contacted my gal in Haiti for this one and she says it's a sure winner for Laz's Jumbie!
Ready Wenches?

Here we go!

First, we gotta strip down to the leopard thongs.

Then we gotta mix up the goo!  Recipe is:

One quart Lo-fat mayonnaise
One quart 30 weight motor oil
2 Tablespoons purple fingerpaint(the washable kind)
3 boxes Kellogg's Corn Flakes (for texture)

Mix all this stuff up in your favorite hand-carved wooden bowl (you will hafta chuck it afterword, buy HEY it's for our LAZ!)

Smear it on alla the not-covered-by-the-thong-places.
Place your favorite shower cutain on the ground in front of your house.
Next, cut open your favorite expensive down pillow and shake the contents onto the shower curtain. Spread the feathers evely.

Now lay down in the feathers and roll around to create an even coat of feathers.
This MUST be done in your front yard--if you live in an apartment, you will have to go to the nearest public park--the headache jumbie is enourmously attracted to public insanity.

Now start dancing around in a circle--those of you who have recovered enough balance may want to spin if possible--those who are still wobblin' can just circle and hop a little.

Now--the CHANT!!

Ickle Pickle Bumpy-dump!

Limpy Gimpy Doozle-doo!

Oozle-boozle Humpy-rump!

Ippy-dippy Moo! Moo! Moo!
[/b]

We must get the timing right! Laz, what time is yer appt in American time?  If it's the middle of the night we will all ned to rig floodlights and loudspeakers to wake up the neighbors as this needs an audience.

Good Luck everyone!

Capt Deb 8)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:47:33 am by Captain Deb »

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #760 on: June 03, 2006, 09:50:53 am »
The good ship PBW has raised her anchor and has just about hit the shores of Adelaide. For those of you that are saying Adelaide? where the hell is that. Well, ya ignorant pirates, in technical terms, picture this great land down under, go to he middle of the country, now go down to the bottom and ya landed in Adelaide.

meanwhile the good dingy girly whirly has hit the shores of Californeeeyyaaaaiiiii and is waiting for karla wench, youngen karla wench and wenchette to hop aboard. How girly whirly found them is anyone's guess. It's a bit ditzy at times our girly whirly dingy. back aboard the good ship PBW, Captain Deb and her band of merry wenches and swashbucklrs are ready to hit the shores when batty wench reports back to Captain about rather mischievous behavious in this here town called Adelaide. capt Deb is bemused as Adelaide is regarded as the City of Churches. What is it batty Wench who is becoming rather distraught, and this is evident by the toy she's holding shaking about and it's not even switched on!

Stay tuned when we find out - Has batty wench broken her toys? Will the good dingy find its way back to the good ship PBW, What's in store in the city of churches?

laz

Speakin' o' chruches, back in me drinkin' days, I was gifted with this fabulous flask!  It had a little chain that attached the cap to the neck of the bottle! When I was drinkin' in church and dropped the cap, I no longer had to crawl under the pews ter fetch it when it rolled onto the floor!  Great invention, huh!!!
Capt Deb 8)
Captain Deb
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 09:55:47 am by Captain Deb »

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #761 on: June 03, 2006, 10:14:11 pm »
Okay, you guys...after reading some of the Good Morning thread, the phrase, "to sail the Chocolate Seas..." came to mind and I couldn't get rid of it, so I came up with this, with the help of The Owl and The *****cat.  (oh, for heaven's sake, they think this is a bad word! It's a CHILDREN'S CLASSIC NONSENSE POEM!!)  I was going to get the island in Lost and Sawyer involved and somehow make a better pun of party with a purpose/porpoise...but I guess I wasn't clever enough.  But, hey...I tried!! :D Captain Deb, maybe you can make this better!!

With profound apologies to Edward Lear, author of above said poem.

Deb and Laz and Pearly Girl,
 Set sail for the Chocolate Seas,
They took the crew,
 And plenty of brew,
To make the trip with ease.

A rollicking time was had by all,
And Deb was heard to say,
What a wonderful crew I have,
I have, I have,
What a wonderful crew I have.

But storms came and went,
The crew was all spent,
But, Captain, she had a fine thought,
“Let’s go Down Under
To Pillage and Plunder,
From there a new course we’ll plot.�

They sailed away,
With a cheer and hooray,
To the land of the billabong tree,
But they saw a motion, and there on the ocean
A porpoise was grinning with glee,
With glee, with glee,
A porpose was grinning with glee.

“I’ve heard of your ship,
And your wonderful trip,
Your quest for the Chocolate Sea,
So Wenches and Pirates,
I’ll be your pilot,
And waive my standard fee.�

The porpoise led, straight ahead,
To the secret place he knew,
Then they were there,
With chocolate everywhere,
And the porpoise partied with the crew,
The crew, the crew,
And the porpoise partied with the crew.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 04:05:40 pm by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #762 on: June 04, 2006, 09:20:41 am »
BOY!
What a beeeee-oooo-teeee-fuuuul mornin'!  Big poofy clouds, gentle breeze, bout 70 degrees, soft painter's light,  and now a wonderful sea chanty from Sue to make me grin and grin and giggle! Life is GOOD! ;D
Capt Deb 8)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #763 on: June 04, 2006, 11:48:59 am »
Perhaps, dear Capt Deb, you might consider painting a wonderful tall ship sailing on the Chocolate Sea, with a porpoise or three frolicking about, and chunks of white chocolate could be the ice bergs...or???  I can see it, but you have to paint it!!  Or Larry, you write the children's book and Deb can illustrate it.  I'll just take credit for thinking up all the work I want you guys to do!!

It was a wonderful morning with blue skys and grey clouds and it's still wonderful in the Pacific Nortwest even though the grey clouds thickened up and it is raining. It has been quite humid these past few days, and it made me feel like I was back in Hawaii - minus the trade winds.  My son's friend came to visit from Greeley, Colorado and he brought his two little girls. They said to him, "Daddy, why is the grass so green?"  They don't get a lot of rain in Greeley, Colorado.

Ta Ta
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Battyp

« Reply #764 on: June 04, 2006, 08:00:11 pm »
Great Poem Sue!
Funny chant Captn' Deb...I prefer to do mine at an all male populated area like hmm...maybe the soccer(football) stadium laz mentioned  LOL  Maybe I'll get lucky?  LOL :-*