Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 775157 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3255 on: September 19, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »
Damn, you two can dance!

Nice dress, Phyl.  I would have recognized you anywhere  ;)
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3256 on: September 29, 2009, 09:28:31 pm »
As the good ship PBW leaves shore for the relaxed lifestyle in the carribean on a long lost deserted island (that has a distillery) a distress call is received from the land down under by the newly formed Pirate party.

Captain Deb, never shy of a squarking battle, instructs the crew to "TURN SHARP LEFT YE VARMINTS AND HEAD THATAWAY. WE ARE GOING TO HELP THE PIRATE PARTY

The crew, being generally pi..ed as nutes, think that there is going to be a party on board for Pirates. Now most of the crew, being hard of hearing, usually get the wrong end of the stick so it was of no surprise to the Captain that the crew all go down into the grogmeisters cellar and get stuck into the rum barrels. A few of the crew, who shall remain nameless like Pooter and girly whirly, are hear gurggling as they dived into the barrels but hey, who cares, its one for yerself and yerself for one! - mmm, think I got that mixed up a bit.

Anyway, the Captain, flies (she is a bird after all) down into the galley, whipping everyone with the battery powered feather dusters and instructing them to get back onto the deck coz of the new mission. The squarks and feathers are flying all over the show.

Below is an extract from today's main newspaper

Hey Captain - I think the term Pirate is a little different here!

Aussie Pirate Party plans election onslaughtASHER MOSES
September 30, 2009 - 11:58AM Be the first to comment

A Pirate Party demonstration in Sweden. Photo: Jon Aslund

After winning 7.1 per cent of Swedish votes in this year's European Parliament elections, The Pirate Party has opened up a branch in Australia and plans to contest the next federal election.

The party, which will campaign on a platform of anti-internet censorship and the decriminalisation of non-commercial file sharing, has already signed up 550 members, enough for it to register as a party with the Australian Electoral Commission.

It plans to hold internal elections for leadership positions - president, general secretary, treasurer and their deputies - on October 7.

But party spokesman Brendan Molloy was quick to point out that free file sharing was only one aspect of the overall mission, which was to "bolster our nation's Democratic conventions".

"We've here to actively change the landscape of Australian politics forever, by advocating freer copyright and protection of our civil liberties, especially against [Communications Minister Stephen] Conroy's censorship regime, which is not welcome in Australia," he said.

"We also have a strong stance for the reform of the patent system to be much fairer, especially in regards to pharmaceuticals and software."

In the European Parliament elections in June, the Pirate Party won 7.1 per cent of Swedish votes, allowing its leader, Christian Engstroem, to take one of Sweden's 18 seats in the European Parliament.

The group gained significant traction in Sweden following this year's introduction of laws that criminalised file sharing and the sentencing of four Swedes to a year in jail for running illegal download site The Pirate Bay.

In the recent German elections, The Pirate Party won 2 per cent of the vote, short of the 5 per cent required to gain a seat in the German Parliament. Spiegel Online reported that the party won as much as 13 per cent of votes for first-time male voters.

Further, in the German city council elections held in August, the group gained seats in the Munster and Aachen councils.

The party has branches in 35 countries and they all co-operate via a collective called Pirate Party International.

The Australian branch is headed by a University of Sydney law student, Rodney Sarkowsky. He was not available for comment but told ITNews he would contest the next federal election provided he was permitted to register as a political party.

The party argues that file sharing should be legalised and, far from being detrimental to artists, was one of their best means of advertising their music.

It is worried by recent revelations that Conroy is considering legislation that would have persistent file sharers disconnected from the internet.

"Our policies are all geared towards copyright reform, patent reform, anti-censorship, non-commercial file sharing, policy in regards to having Digital Rights Management abolished and policy supporting the right to privacy of every Australian," Molloy said.

Despite its clear overseas success, the Australian Federation Against Copyright Theft does not appear to be alarmed by the presence of the Pirate Party in Australia.

"It will be interesting to see if a party advocating illegal activity is able to contest the election," a spokeswoman said.

"If they are able, perhaps they could do a preference deal with the Shoplifting Party."

Online activist group GetUp campaigns on similar issues to the Pirate Party and has obtained more than 115,000 signatures for its petition opposing Conroy's internet censorship policy.

GetUp chief executive officer Simon Sheikh said his organisation might decide to work with the Pirate Party on campaigns but could not support any individual party directly "because we're a non-partisan organisation".

"In saying that, we believe in intellectual property reform and we believe in protecting Australia's internet from Senator Conroy's censorship agenda," he said.

A spokesman for Conroy did not respond to calls requesting comment.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3257 on: September 29, 2009, 09:29:46 pm »
Did my picture get attached?

It doesn't show on my work P.C as other pictures don't

laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3258 on: September 30, 2009, 06:17:59 am »
Did my picture get attached?

It doesn't show on my work P.C as other pictures don't

laz

tried to fix the pic.... link isn't working... :(

But, I see you were in one of them moods, bucko! :D  PBW got all politikal on us!

xo
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #3259 on: September 30, 2009, 11:49:13 am »
WOW LAZ!!!  you had a little spare time did ya??? LOL   Yootee here, just stopping in for a mug of grog

thanks for keeping in touch via pm. I'll email ya the latest shortly. 

patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3260 on: November 19, 2009, 06:13:45 pm »
Avast ye scurvy scallywags and wun-eared wenches!! Yer dear captain actually made it below decks to the PBW floating art studio today!  Somethin' that ain't been done in months what wiv all the problems I been havin as of late.  Felt good to slap some paint around.  

Fer those of you who ain't seen this here thread before, it is best read from the beginnin' as the wacky adventures of the Princess Batty Wench crew are chronicled here.  Be sure to lash yourself to the chair as folks have been known to injure themselves a' fallin' outta it and onta the floor laughin'.  

AAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3261 on: November 19, 2009, 11:01:32 pm »
The adventures will start up sopon. Just waiting for the chronologer to get over his brain wrecks.

Good ter see ya back on / under deck Capt'n

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3262 on: November 20, 2009, 03:51:37 pm »
Avast, Laz, ye scurvy son of a bilge rat's arse-wart!  How be the ship's chronologer?  Methinks you and me oughtta kidnap that there doc wot's from Cleveland and make  the dastardly bloke operate on our noggins and fix 'em!!  Just yank alla them pesky head nerves right outta there--they be drivin' yers truly just nuts!!  I know ye ain't much better than yer Captain in the wonkynoggin department.  So dry out yer powder and sharpen yer cutlass--it's off to Cleveland we sail.  Kidnapping anyone???????

(picture of Capt Deb wiv a brainwreck!)

Capt Deb

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3263 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:26 pm »
*hiccup*   :-X

Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3264 on: November 20, 2009, 04:14:59 pm »
*hiccup*   :-X

Pooter...

By Neptune's trident, me hearties--Pooter's still stuck in the $#%@ing rum barrell!!!  Gadzooks will someone pull that slimey son of a pox-ridden sea hag outta there!!!!  AAAARRRR!!!!!!!

Capt Deb

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3265 on: November 23, 2009, 09:23:55 pm »
Save some for the rest of us, Pooter.  We need our rum!!  So, we navigate the St. Lawrence to the Great Lakes and into Cleveland?  Sweet!! 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3266 on: November 24, 2009, 08:07:32 pm »
I wish you taught me grammer at school Captain!!!!!

i can't see the pics at work coz they won't let me download flash and stuff separately. Gotto wait until I get home to have a squizz.

I feel like tipping Pooter ota dat rum barrel and divin in meself!  Might create another issue but hey, would be good for a few minutes

We'll start adventurin agin when i find dem oars!

Laz (AKA scurvy son of a bilge rat's arse-wart)
Chronologer of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3267 on: November 26, 2009, 02:48:36 am »
Gadzooks will someone pull that slimey son of a pox-ridden sea hag outta there!!!!

Bet you've never been called something like that before, Pooter!!  :o  :D
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #3268 on: November 27, 2009, 10:30:05 am »
AAARRR! Jan scrawled on the GM thread!!!

Aye, I try to keep me cussin' G rated wot wiv all them mods around!

Capt Deb

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3269 on: November 27, 2009, 07:48:52 pm »
I've scrawled on the GM thread before.

You don't think I get all my amusement from Lori, now do you??  :D

Jan