Author Topic: After surgery, at the hospital, I wish I had brought ........................  (Read 7970 times)

Seal

i brought nothing, and I wore the rattiest clothes I could find.    They were warning us about the increase in theft at the hospital due to the economy.  Wouldn;t know my luck?      I got it all back!       Now I have to throw them out!
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
I brought nothing, and I wore the rattiest clothes I could find.    They were warning us about the increase in theft at the hospital due to the economy.  Wouldn't know my luck?  I got it all back!    Now I have to throw them out!

That's funny!  :D  I never considered using the hospital as a method for getting rid of old clothes.  Very resourceful!  I brought my regular clothes (but nothing too valuable).  However, like you, I didn't lose a thing!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
That's funny!  :D  I never considered using the hospital as a method for getting rid of old clothes.  Very resourceful!  I brought my regular clothes (but nothing too valuable).  However, like you, I didn't lose a thing!  :)

Jim

I lost a tumor, and someone ran off with most of my hearing.  Does that count?  ;)

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Kaybo

Good one, Ernie!  :D  I lost those things and about 50 pounds too!! ;)
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

OTO

I brought an old pair of glasses and took off the bow so it could fit even with the bandage on my head.   After about two days, they unwrap the bandage so I could wear my regular glasses. 

If you're having surgery at St Vincents (affliated with House Clinic) and staying at Seton Guest Hall.   You may want to bring some DVD or VHS tapes.   The rooms don't have cable, so the TV selection wasn't too good.   The TV room has a VCR and DVD player.   The available tapes and DVDs are old.... so they are always asking for donations.