Author Topic: Anyone else?  (Read 3117 times)

28Lisa

• pre opt
Anyone else?
« on: April 09, 2009, 11:35:44 am »
I've lost sensation in my entire right side, cant feel hot, cold or pain, but I can feel touch.

Has this happen to anyone else?

My AN was on the LEFT side

Was wondering
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:22:23 pm »
Lisa ~

I doubt this is AN-related but I'm not a doctor and that is what you need, as soon as possible.  This is not normal.  I hope this can be explained and resolved, quickly.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Keri

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 09:54:32 pm »
I haven't heard of that happening either. I hope you can talk to a doctor and find out what's causing it soon, for your peace of mind.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:45:06 pm »
Hi Lisa,

I see you are back. How is that little one doing? Still adorably cute?

Do you mean the right side of your face, or your whole body?  ???

I would be wondering too. I don't know anything about it, but it doesn't sound right.

How are you doing in general?

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

joebloggs

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:25:03 pm »
Hi Lisa,

I went numb down my right side - not just my face (although that was the most numb), but my entire right side.  The body seemed to come back after about a week and my face only came back following my surgery.  AN was right side.  Hot and cold was off a bit off but I could still feel it.  The doctors are a bit unsure as to why my body went numb too (I woke up one morning last May and was numb) - they think the cyst inside my AN grew all of a sudden and put pressure on my brain stem and they brain stem didn't like it very much and the pressure caused my body to go numb... it's just a theory though - they're not sure.

I'd say best talk to a doc about it especially as it's not on your AN side.

Hope it sorts itself out soon

JB
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Lilan

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 07:54:17 am »
Were you on lying on your right side during surgery? Maybe still some kind of pressure/pinched nerves sorting out? (Though your surgery was awhile back...)

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2009, 11:43:46 am »
Please, please, please contact your surgeons!  It may be nothing, but it certainly isn't normal and you shouldn't ignore it.  And, please let us know what you find out. 

Debbi, sending you lots of good thoughts
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2009, 02:03:04 pm »
I'm with the others who say talk to your doctor.  Sounds like some kind of nerve damage to me, but being on the opposite side from your AN it seems like it shouldn't be AN-related.

Please let us know what the outcome is.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

28Lisa

• pre opt
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 02:05:00 pm »
Thanks, she's doing great! We were off to go on an egg hunt, but the weather didnt permit us, so we ended up painting eggs and our faces lol fun fun

The feeling started after my surgery when I woke up from acoma 3 weeks after in the hospital.  Its my entire right side, shoulder down to my toes.  I can feel if its intensly hot by a stinging sensation.  I told the neuroligist in the hospital, he didnt seem concerned, so it didnt really bother me but its been a year and a half and nothings changed........it feels like a tingly cool sensation especially in the hand and foot.

Im thinking maybe it was from that second deep iv they give me when I was  in surgery because when i got up it was super swollen like a huge bump(right hand) or maybe it was from those heprin shots I got daily....

Im scheduling an appointment with a new nuerologist Monday morning.........since you guys said its not commonly normal...

Will keep everyone up to date

Thanks
A.N. 4+cm, 9/11/07 @ NY Presbyterian Hospital, Dr. Phillip Stieg
post opt - partial facial paralysis on left side, total hear loss on left side, speech altered, loss of taste, smell,balance, loss of sensation on right side from shoulder down, low motor skills, eye weight 11/07