Author Topic: A difficult task  (Read 1648 times)

Kit W

• Smokies Spring 2008
A difficult task
« on: April 07, 2009, 10:05:35 am »
Hi guys,

I haven't been coming to the ANA forum for a little while because I am attempting to write about my hallucinations in detail. I had these hallucinations for about five days following my operation. As some of you can imagine this is not an easy thing to.

The reasoning behind writing about my hallucinations, adding in my symptoms and gradual recovery back to being a husband and stepfather, my wife will hopefully add her experiences to my writings and maybe getting it published as a book. My thoughts are that my writings will help others to understand that they may go through some very difficult times but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

How long this process will take is like asking how long is a piece of string?

Kit
Don't let jealousy get a hold of you. If it does it will ruin the rest of your life.

My mind often wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Do I look like I care!

5cm+ AN removed 9/11/08. Dr Tairq Javed. Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: A difficult task
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 08:55:39 pm »
Kit -

sorry I missed this topic when you posted it.  There's just so many topics lately, I must have somehow overlooked it.

I think it's great that you are writing about your AN experience and I'm sure it will be a big help to others. 

If you get it into a format that you can post on the forum - or that you can PM or email to us - I'd be very interested in reading it.

Good luck,

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:02:02 am »
Hi Kit!  I missed this topic too, so decided to go back and read some of your other posts....
WOW - 5cm tumor, omgosh!  (the pics of the scans, unbelievable!)  How are you feeling today?

I also think it is WONDERFUL that you are writing about your AN experience! 
Have the hallucinations been happening only since the surgery?

One more thing - you look very relaxed in the Smokies - i have yet to visit there, but now i want to go.
Our family likes to visit National Parks - so much to see and do.
We live near the Shenandoah National Park and don't go often enough.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 04:45:30 am »
I suffered 3 bouts of vertigo while in bed....That was freaky..but when  I realized what it was, I had a little chat with Mr. Brain and told him no more tricks...seems to have worked..lol
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7